Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of car do you drive?

Simple? What kind of car do you drive.

Re: What kind of car do you drive?

Welcome to the Forum! In my imagination I'm driving a black Lamborghini Countach chrome mags all tricked out. I've got the hotest blonde sitting next to me and at every red light beautiful women are trying to hit on me. In reality, I'm driving a green 99 Explorer and there are some women who would like to hit me Enjoy the Forum! Frank

Comment

A 97 Honda Civic
      A 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
      A 97 Ford F150

Getting the picture yet? I have not and will not EVER buy a new car again as long as I live. Even if I win the damn Mega Bucks I flat refuse to waste money on something as trivial as a car. That said though I collect MGB's and currently have 6 of them which reminds me of the last "new" car I bought. It was a 75 MGB LE and I still own it and drive it. cost me 23 hundred bucks back then. What a ripoff Oh damn, Does my Harley count?
      sigpic

Comment

Personal vehicles - 2001 F250 & 1999 Mustang GT with 9000 original miles on it. Yea..it sleeps in the garage.

Work vehicles - 2012 E-350 cutaway van - 2005 E350 van - 1995 E350 van

Comment

1998 subaru legacy and ?* 2003 dodge RAM 2500, 1989 gmc rallye stx van

Comment

06 Mercury Montego, and an 07 chevy box truck.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

01 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4, its my personal and work truck, cant afford a dedicated personal vehicle. Wife drives a 02 Grand Cherokee.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                01 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4, its my personal and work truck, cant afford a dedicated personal vehicle. Wife drives a 02 Grand Cherokee.
                I'm a die-hard Ford man, but I do love those cummins diesel's. Dodge would be a very close second for me to buy.

Comment

Diehard Toyota, 09 Corolla & 02 Tundra

Couldn't run fast enough to give me another Ford. F_ _ _ _ _ _ Old Rebuilt Dodges

Comment

Gosh, looks like we're all a bunch of cheap bastards.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      Gosh, looks like we're all a bunch of cheap bastards.
                      I like to think that I'm driving a car fitting my financial situation and not showing off. Hey, for $700 a month I could lease a top of the line hyundai, but my 99 Explorer is good enough for me. My wife's 98 Windstar finally died today, 160,000 miles.

Comment

If I could afford it, trust me, I would be driving something alot newer! If I wouldn't have bought a house in 05 and if I wasn't so dedicated to fulfilling my loan obligations on the home... I would have a brand new Crew Cab diesel.... but, I'm a man of my word, I'll pay off my debt and swallow that pill of learning. Never again will I borrow this much money!

Comment

There is something to be said about paying your bills and being a right guy! Now if I had three wives who worked good jobs instead of one, I'd have plenty of money for a new ride. Come to think of it I don't think I have the energy for another two women, which means I'd have to bring in another guy...This is getting too complicated, think I'll just stick with the 99 Explorer and one wife.

Comment

I'm not a showy person either, and while the new vehicles look awesome, buying a house recently was more important.

Like cowboy.. I'm saving for a crew-cab Diesel.

Comment

I actually paid 8k for my dodge. Its clean for its age and mileage, but its got some issues. One is an oil leak, but at 300k miles, who's suprised! I actually got a fix it ticket for the oil leak from a commercial vehicle enforcement officer when I got stoppped a few weeks ago. (that was an experiance in of itself)

FYI, just so ya'll know, if you are at a CGVW (Combined Gross Volume Weight) rating, yes I said rating, not just your actual weight, make sure you have your DOT number and required items that go with it! It was an expensive lesson I got a few weeks ago. Over 10k lbs CGVW requires a medical card, DOT number, log book, daily matinence check log, company name on the trailer, and on top of that, they can and will ticket you for mechanical problems, and yes, that includes OIL LEAKS! I'm still working on that, as I need a new front and rear main seal to fix it, and just don't have the time or money to do so.

For those who don't understand the CGVW rating and how they work, heres a quick lesson. If your vehicle is being used for work, it must follow the federal DOT guide lines. This means if your pickup (like mine) is rated at GVW of 8800lbs, and thats all you use, no trailer, you do not need to comply to the DOT regulations. BUT if you hitch a trailer with anything over 1200lbs GVW RATING to that pickup, you are over 10k lbs and are required to be compliant. My trailer is a 7000lb rated trailer, so my CGVW is 15800lbs. I really didn't think I fell under the DOT number guide lines, and honestly never looked into it, and when I purchased the trailer this spring, no one at the DMV said anything when I registered it. (I bought it private party, so no dealer to tell me either).

Just thought I would let you guys in on my pain.... and maybe keep you from having the same ordeal! I could have lied, said I was looking for garage sales, and he would have probably had to let me go... but I can't lie my way out of anything, and the last thing I wanted was to be caught in a lie in the middle of a traffic stop, it would have been WAY more expensive....

Comment

Working...
                              X