Fast, Furious & Dumb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast, Furious & Dumb

It looks like Eric Holder has not been honest when testifying to Congress regarding the flawed "Fast & Furious" program which sent illegally obtained guns to Mexico. What no one seems to talk about is the speech Hillary Clinton gave while in Mexico in 2009. Here is part of what she said:

"Our inability to prevent weapons from being illegally smuggled across the border to arm these criminals causes the deaths of police officers, soldiers and civilians."

These comments were used to try to increase gun control over honest citizens in the United States. Now that the "Fast & Furious" investigation has revealed the government run operation lost 1,400 of the 2,000 guns they allowed into Mexico shouldn't Clinton revise her statement? Perhaps something like this would work:

"Our Governments ability to send illegally smuggled across the border to arm these criminals causes the deaths of police officers, soldiers and civilians."

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 11-01-2011, 10:20 AM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Fast, Furious & Dumb

This kinda **** really gets me steamed. IMHO goverment, dem or rep cannot get anything right and they want to keep adding to the list of " services " offered ie health care. Since I'm steamed and not thinking clearly could someone post an example of our goverment getting it right. Lets keep it post WW2. I'm talking policies, systems etc. Getting bin laden was good but not what I'm referring to. Please ,hope is a good thing.

wookie

Comment

Re: Fast, Furious & Dumb

Originally posted by wookie View Post
      This kinda **** really gets me steamed. IMHO goverment, dem or rep cannot get anything right and they want to keep adding to the list of " services " offered ie health care. Since I'm steamed and not thinking clearly could someone post an example of our goverment getting it right. Lets keep it post WW2. I'm talking policies, systems etc. Getting bin laden was good but not what I'm referring to. Please ,hope is a good thing.

wookie
      That's simple. Okay let's start with keeping the borders open so we could provide medical care and college education for illegals who don't pay into the system, er, forget that one. Hey, how about NAFTA and allowing tens of millions of jobs and businesses leave America? No, that's not a good one either. I got it going into debt with a communist country and becoming dependant on that same country for almost all of our consumer goods. Bad example, skip that. Vietnam? Invading iraq? Katrina? Ethanol?Bailouts? Stimulus? I think I got the answer, privatizing the post office before it failed under the government! I knew there was something.

Comment

Working...
      X