Capitalist Protester Wants to be a Capitalist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitalist Protester Wants to be a Capitalist

A New York Union Steel Worked who has been at the park with the other "Occupy Wall Street" protesters has applied for a Copyright to the term "Occupy Wall Street". He's been printing (and selling) "Occupy Wall Street" T-Shirts and now wants to capitalize on the term. There are over 4,000 hits on eBay when search "Occupy Wall Street" or related terms. I'm not sure his Copyright will be granted.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Capitalist Protester Wants to be a Capitalist

I wonder how many of those wealth haters buy a lottery ticket every week?
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I buy lottery tickets because the proceeds go towards education. If that's true we should have a nation of rocket scientists by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        I buy lottery tickets because the proceeds go towards education. If that's true we should have a nation of rocket scientists by now.
        The State sold the Lottery to us the same way. We were told the schools would want for nothing if they were funded by the Lottery. They were wrong, they still want and want and want.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Is it just me or does the whole world seem to get more stupid every damn day? A must watch movie "Idiocracy" watch it and get back to me.
          sigpic

Comment

NHM, we are more informed of the stupid behavior than ever before so I think it's just a matter of appearance. Regarding students that's a different thing. My 23 year old graduated an ivy league college phi beta kappa, so I know there are still plenty of bright young people out there. My 17 year old is another story! She is attending a culinary college and applying herself, but when she was in h.s. we had problems. I was told by the dean of students that my daughter and her classmates did not want to work for answers, they expected the teachers to provide everything. I'm not excusing that behavior but I am trying to understand the reasons for it. I think part of it has to do with all the darn distractions from cell phones, the Internet and the rest of the electronic dumbing devices. When I was young you had to work for knowledge. You were lucky if you had a set of encyclopedias and or lived close to a library. These kids have access to the knowledge of the world at their finger tips and it made them lazy. Could it be that we need to struggle or work a bit at anything worth having? We don't appreciate what is given to us without any effort on our part? I see this repeated in many different ways. No one gave me a car when I was young, I had to work for everything I had. I know of young drivers who were given brand new, expensive cars and proceeded to wreck them only to be given another car! We can't blame teachers for the short comming of our children. We can't give away to able bodied men and women the things we worked hard to aquire because it removes any motivation on their part to achieve and succeed on their own. Can the world, our country and we ourselves learn from our stupid mistakes? Can we learn in time to correct them?

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              The State sold the Lottery to us the same way. We were told the schools would want for nothing if they were funded by the Lottery. They were wrong, they still want and want and want.

Mark
              We "borrow" money against it so we dont go broke.... It pays for the special things we don;t know about and cannot afford otherwise [edit] like paying for welfare...
              Last edited by masterbeavis; 11-01-2011, 09:21 PM.
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
              X