Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molly Katchpole Is My Newest Hero......

Way to go Molly
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: Molly Katchpole Is My Newest Hero......

Interesting. thanks for posting Dave.

Here's another related story. First I've heard of it, but I have been
    busy at work and little time when I get home to watch the tube
    or even get on here to read the mail.

Bank Transfer Day Expected to Cause a Stir With Businesses - ABC News
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I laughed when the video started to play and it was a commercial for a bank credit card.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Problem is, they will get the money some how, some where else. They use to get the fees from retailers, charging them small percentages on sales with debit cards. Then came alone the Dodd/Frank financial bill, it took away their ability to charge that fee. So, the retailers kept prices the same, and didn't lower them even though the fee was no longer applicable. But the banks no longer had that revenue, so then came the 5 dollar fee. Transparent and right there for you to see, now it will end up buried in other fees you don't see. Thing is, people don't realize that it costs money to provide simple luxuries such as debit cards. The cost of the computer systems, data services, data security, server technicians, customer support... None of it is free.

The "free" campaign is finally coming to bite everyone in the ***. I have been preaching this for a while now, you can only offer free stuff for so long before you run out of money, something our businesses and government is finding out the hard way!

Comment

The cost of the computer systems, data services, data security, server technicians, customer support... None of it is free.
          I wonder if it costs more or less than the old way of doing business. In the end its probably a wash.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X