X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Tree Tax

You really cannot make this stuff up. Who would have thought they would need a program to improve the image of the Christmas Tree. The Government that's who plus it's only going to cost $0.15 per tree to pay for it. I'm glad they are finally looking at the plight of the Christmas Tree.

Obama Couldn't Wait: His New Christmas Tree Tax

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Christmas Tree Tax

A person might think that maybe someone might be trying to tax IT out of existence?

Update: Tax does not apply if you purchase a Holiday Tree!!!
    Last edited by ArizonaPlumber; 11-09-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Pathetic you Obama haters. No class
      Artificial War On Christmas Campaign Launches Fake Obama "Christmas Tree Tax" | Media Matters for America

Comment

Mark, this is all part of the President's scalpel to the budget plan. He also announced no more knick knakcs at the White House such as pens and pencils with the White House name on them. These are the kind of deep cuts to wasteful spending that will quickly turn the deficit around. Obama is a go getter, I just hope he go gets for good next election. Frank

Comment

James, I voted for President Obama but I am extremely disappointed with the democrats and his performance. All those speeches about green jobs which amounted to nothing. The debacle with solyndra, weapons to mexican drug cartels, and many other incidents have convinced me he was not and is not prepared to help the country. I have no conficence republicans will do better given their past performance, but I can't reward Obama with another term. The choices are terrible and the future bleak. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            James, I voted for President Obama but I am extremely disappointed with the democrats and his performance. All those speeches about green jobs which amounted to nothing. The debacle with solyndra, weapons to mexican drug cartels, and many other incidents have convinced me he was not and is not prepared to help the country. I have no conficence republicans will do better given their past performance, but I can't reward Obama with another term. The choices are terrible and the future bleak. Frank
            I'm not exactly doing backflips over Obama. I haven't seen very much maturity from the GOP candidates, except for Huntsman.

This garbage about an Xmas tree tax is the best the RW mouthpieces can come up with. Shows how little faith they have in regaining the WH in 2012.

Comment

The Obama names is part of the link I pasted. I did not directly point out Obama I said Government. However, a mandate is a mandate is a mandate. The increase to the growers/importers/harvesters gets passed to the wholesaler then the retailer and on to the consumer. You have to ask yourself why the "Christmas Tree Checkoff Task Force" needs the Government to collect money for them just to give it back to them so that 12-select members of the "Christmas Tree Checkoff Task Force" can use it to promote Christmas Trees? Why can't the "Christmas Tree Checkoff Task Force" promote Christmas Trees on their own? As a matter of fact, why does the USDA need to mandate Checkoffs of any of the taxes/fees they collect on any commodity?

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                The Obama names is part of the link I pasted. I did not directly point out Obama I said Government. However, a mandate is a mandate is a mandate. The increase to the growers/importers/harvesters gets passed to the wholesaler then the retailer and on to the consumer. You have to ask yourself why the "Christmas Tree Checkoff Task Force" needs the Government to collect money for them just to give it back to them so that 12-select members of the "Christmas Tree Checkoff Task Force" can use it to promote Christmas Trees? Why can't the "Christmas Tree Checkoff Task Force" promote Christmas Trees on their own? As a matter of fact, why does the USDA need to mandate Checkoffs of any of the taxes/fees they collect on any commodity?

Mark
                If an Xtra $.15 is going to break you, don't buy one!

I don't celebrate Christmas, so it doesn't bother me in the least.

As much money as most folks throw away on cheap Chinese crap Christmas presents, I doubt most are too concerned over a $.15 tax. I'm sure BilloReilly has his undies in a twist over this outrageous unfair tax.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                  Mark...it's just more of that Left wing BS where they think the government should be in control of each and every aspect of our life. If they can control and tax it then they feel safe. Th left wing has every faith in government to make decisions for us and believes that is a better way then people making decisions for themselves. Pathetic really.

Comment

Media Matters is such a far left web site that I can't believe that you would even bother posting a link using them as a source for anything. They are best known for their dishonesty and extreme left rhetoric. No class at all, however the good news is that the White House has rethought the Christmas Tree Tax and has decided against implementing it at this time. Hopefully Bill O'Rielly was looking out for us and can get a few other needlessly silly Obama items derailed. Obama lovers are sure blind to what the United States stands for.
                    Last edited by Abbott; 11-09-2011, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Media matters = George Soros = hates everything America stands for.

Comment

WAIT A MINUTE!! How can they impose a tax on a Christmas Tree? Christmas is a religious holiday so isn't there a seperation of Church and State issue here? Ann Gaylor.....where are you now when we really need you?
                        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The nation is in the toilet (sorry Plumbers) and we are wasting our time with this nonsense. I heard something on the news today that CT would take twenty years to recover from all the foreclosures, nationwide number is over 2 million? I'd like to know what these number experts base their projections on? I hope the republicans can come up with a strong candidate.

Comment

If the tax were real, it would cost a bunch more per tree to collect a .15 cent tax.
                            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                              If the tax were real, it would cost a bunch more per tree to collect a .15 cent tax.
                              The proposed tax was "real" but now has been sidelined by the White House due to it's huge unpopularity.

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/11/08/...tmas-tree-tax/
                              Last edited by Abbott; 11-10-2011, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X