Joe Paterno of Penn State University FIRED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Paterno of Penn State University FIRED

Frank is right on. We don't know what we would do in this circumstance.

Frank is also right about the guy getting out and he will try to do it again
    when he gets out. These people almost never can be rehabilitated.

I think Joe Paterno knows what he did, but he needs to face the music
    and accept his punishment. Anybody even remotely involved needs to be
    exposed for what they did to let those kids be treated that way.
    For The Lowest Tool Prices Online >>> CLICK HERE <<<

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
      We seem to be bludgeoned more and more with these really sick crimes, what the hell is happening to us? I cannot begin to tell you what I think should be done to these criminals of the worst kind.

Just as bad as these sick individuals are those who don't step up and stop it, and see that it is prosecuted. I think far too much of our society has gained a mindset of "protecting their own". Some look at it as "honor" to the team, or group, or corp... whatever; but it is just WRONG.

Maybe it's me, but I see more and more where criminals, sex offenders, and those who are just really sick individuals get away because they're protected by their team mates, family, or whatever other group label you want to put on it. "We protect our own" seems to be about as dreadfull as the old "I was only following orders" excuse used to be. I thing we really need to look at the moral corruption that seems to pervail in too much of our society any more, much certainly seems to dominate sports. It would appear that a person of "value" can just about get away with anything.

I'm glad to see that so far, these last couple of days has dealt with these jerks... just really sad that it has taken so damn long.

CWS
      Great post! I think a lot of that "protect, or cover your own" mentality goes back to family and upbringing. I don't know if I just got lucky with my daughters not turning out to be bad people, but I made it clear to them when they were growing up that I would not support them being cheats, or bullies, or criminals. I was darn serious and they knew it. I'm not suggesting we need to raise perfect people, but it would help if more moms and dads attempted to be parents! Every time I hear "Oh no , not my kid", I feel like punching someone. We can't be shocked that our kids might be guilty of bad or criminal behavior. I may be confident but I'm not 100% sure of anything. I think these parents, friends or anyone who blanket excuse or cover up bad behavior end up creating a worse situation for all involved. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by rcroy72 View Post
        Frank is right on. We don't know what we would do in this circumstance.
        I disagree. I know EXACTLY what I would do. I would STOP it and then report it to the police. As far as I'm concerned anyone who doesn't know how they would react better get their **** together and quickly.

Comment

Was Joe Paterno charged with a crime?

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
            I disagree. I know EXACTLY what I would do. I would STOP it and then report it to the police. As far as I'm concerned anyone who doesn't know how they would react better get their **** together and quickly.
            Abbott, I said that because I have learned over the years people often think they know how they will react to certain situations until they are actually in that situation. Marriage vows broken, sobriety promises, gambling problems, and so many other situations where folks think they are prepared to do one thing and fail. I remember many years ago when professional wrestler toru tanaka was on a flight that was high jacked. The stewardess asked him to intervene and he declined. Later he explained that while he could easily have overpowered the hijacker, the risk for error was too great. I'm willing to bet a lot of folks thought he was scared, but maybe if they were in the same situation they would think differently? There are countless incidents where women are raped or people attacked, and a crowd gathers and does nothing to stop it. I am not saying that is how you would react, but unfortunately it happens more than we would imagine. What happened here is a perfect example. We are all certain we would have stopped it and beat the crap out of him, maybe "we" would have, but look at all the folks who were there and did not! I worked with a real tough guy, good street fighter, fearless and quick to trade punches. His wife was raped by their landlord one day. The landlord was arrested and as you could imagine my buddy wanted to kill him. The detectives told him that if he tried to do anything, he would serve more time than the rapist. Most folks are super heroes in their minds, some in reality but not all, certainly not enough to save those children. Frank

Comment

They wanted to break school records with that football team, that's why it was swept under the rug at the time.

They wanted to go down in history with that many wins, coach as well.

But this event, this tragedy is going to be equivalent to the twin towers falling in that school.

They have stated that decades long sponsors and charitable organizations have dropped or have stated they will drop any further contributions.

The lawsuits this school is facing have been stated will cost them over 2 years of earning revenue, at a number of 144 million dollars and then some.

Paterno probably won't live 6 months. I doubt he'll ever see jail time... but he knew. He knew it was going on and football was more important.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Abbott, I said that because I have learned over the years people often think they know how they will react to certain situations until they are actually in that situation. Marriage vows broken, sobriety promises, gambling problems, and so many other situations where folks think they are prepared to do one thing and fail. I remember many years ago when professional wrestler toru tanaka was on a flight that was high jacked. The stewardess asked him to intervene and he declined. Later he explained that while he could easily have overpowered the hijacker, the risk for error was too great. I'm willing to bet a lot of folks thought he was scared, but maybe if they were in the same situation they would think differently? There are countless incidents where women are raped or people attacked, and a crowd gathers and does nothing to stop it. I am not saying that is how you would react, but unfortunately it happens more than we would imagine. What happened here is a perfect example. We are all certain we would have stopped it and beat the crap out of him, maybe "we" would have, but look at all the folks who were there and did not! I worked with a real tough guy, good street fighter, fearless and quick to trade punches. His wife was raped by their landlord one day. The landlord was arrested and as you could imagine my buddy wanted to kill him. The detectives told him that if he tried to do anything, he would serve more time than the rapist. Most folks are super heroes in their minds, some in reality but not all, certainly not enough to save those children. Frank
                I don't know if I would have "beat the sheet out of the guy" but I could have stopped the crime in progress with words! The police should have been notified. To not notify them when witnessing a FELONY of such magnitude is a crime in itself. That child needed an adult that wouldn't screw him, not the other way around.

Comment

I don't know if I would have "beat the sheet out of the guy" but I could have stopped the crime in progress with words! The police should have been notified. To not notify them when witnessing a FELONY of such magnitude is a crime in itself. That child needed an adult that wouldn't screw him, not the other way around.
                  I absolutely agree. Sure would have been great to have someone there who would have stopped it, and even better if they left that rapist unable to do it to another kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                    Was Joe Paterno charged with a crime?
                    Opinion
                    Don't Be an Enabler -- When a Child Is Abused, Here's What to Do

By Michael Reagan

Published November 10, 2011

|

Allegations of child sexual abuse by a former assistant football coach at Penn State University have dominated the news this week. On Wednesday legendary football coach Joe Paterno released a statement in which he said, "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more." How lame is that, coach?

Would you have accepted that excuse from one of your players? "With the benefit of hindsight, coach, I wish I had run the route we rehearsed a thousand times in practice." See how stupid that sounds? It doesn't take "hindsight" to know that when some monster is raping children in your locker room, you call the police.

Coach, you knew back in 2002 that Jerry Sandusky had anally raped a ten-year-old boy in the Lasch Football Building. You handled the matter quietly with your athletic director, Tim Curley. You took away the rapist's keys and barred him from the facility—but you didn't call the police. You didn't lift a finger to help the victim. No hindsight needed, coach. You screwed up.

Read more: Don&#39;t Be An Enabler -- When A Child Is Abused, Here&#39;s What To Do | Fox News

Comment

I blame the Media for making this story more about Joe Paterno, when that focus should of been towards the justice system that failed these kids. Nobody in the media wants to talk about how the district attorney dropped all charges against Sandusky in 1998. Law enforcement had taped conversations with Sandusky admitting to his wrong doings, but yet the board of trustees and the President of the University are not the main focus as well, for the cover-up for allowing Sandusky to continue to come on campus.

The board of trustees and President had power over Joe Paterno, but yet the Media is claiming Joe Paterno's status as a powerful man on campus was more powerful than the trustees and President. If that was indeed the case, then the board of trustee's wouldn't have the power to fire Joe Paterno.

Joe Paterno is being made the scape goat and the main culprit in this sad story, and that's not right. Mike McQueary should of went straight to the Police instead of calling his father..then telling Joe Paterno. Paterno did NOT witness this incident first hand, and once he was told he did the correct thing by kicking it up the chain of command. Hearsay is not admissible in a court of law, but yet in the court of public opinion, it means everything in the world and we should flood 911 with calls.

Because the Justice system failed these kids FIRST...Paterno made an error in judgement by not putting his foot down, when the board of trustees failed to act and started the cover up.

Nobody in the Media is reporting that the original D.A. who dropped these charges went missing in 2005 and a search of his laptop found that this D.A. was searching how to destroy a hard drive.

Again..why is the media making this story about Joe Paterno and not the people responsible to uphold the law when charges were brought against Sandusky the first time?

Where is the outcry from the people and the media?

Just goes to prove that the Media will slant a story and not report the entire truth.

Comment

The media didn't have first hand information and did nothing to help the child. Joe Paterno could have but chose NOT to HELP. I blame the entire coaching staff, some who are still there and Joe Paterno. You can't be the boss (head coach) part of the time, it's a full time job with full time responsibilities. I find it completely amazing that some people are looking to blame everyone but those that were involved and did nothing or to little to have help those children in need...to save them from a fecking monster. Joe Paterno chose his career over those children's well being and now we all know it! I hope the sum-of-a-***** rots in self-pity for the rest of his days. This huge moral failure is his legacy...

Comment

The media didn't have first hand information and did nothing to help the child. Joe Paterno could have but chose NOT to HELP. I blame the entire coaching staff, some who are still there and Joe Paterno. You can't be the boss (head coach) part of the time, it's a full time job with full time responsibilities. I find it completely amazing that some people are looking to blame everyone but those that were involved and did nothing or to little to have help those children in need...to save them from a fecking monster. Joe Paterno chose his career over those children's well being and now we all know it! I hope the sum-of-a-***** rots in self-pity for the rest of his days. This huge moral failure is his legacy...
                          You're obviously entitled to feel that way, but the grand jury report from the state of Pennsylvania tells a slightly different story. Joe Paterno is like 5 or 6th "down" on the list of those to blame, but yet the Media and people alike are making him public enemy #1. If you have this much hatred towards Paterno...you should have equal hatred for the Justice system that failed to jail Sandusky in the first place..which means PSU wouldn't of started a cover up. When you grasp that concept...your anger should start to go towards law enforcement.

People are "speculating" that Joe chose football over those children...none of us here knows what Joe, the board of trustees, and the President were actually thinking on this behind closed doors. Specualtion is easy to do, and once someone in the media reports that biased opinion, it plants a bad seed in the minds who read that crap.

Why did the D.A. suddenly disappear and his body never found? Did Joe Paterno have a hand in that as well?

No offense but, I would hate to be on trial for my life, and have a jury full of closed minded people.
                          Last edited by Flux; 11-10-2011, 11:07 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

I blame the Media for making this story more about Joe Paterno, when that focus should of been towards the justice system that failed these kids. Nobody in the media wants to talk about how the district attorney dropped all charges against Sandusky in 1998. Law enforcement had taped conversations with Sandusky admitting to his wrong doings, but yet the board of trustees and the President of the University are not the main focus as well, for the cover-up for allowing Sandusky to continue to come on campus.

The board of trustees and President had power over Joe Paterno, but yet the Media is claiming Joe Paterno's status as a powerful man on campus was more powerful than the trustees and President. If that was indeed the case, then the board of trustee's wouldn't have the power to fire Joe Paterno.

Joe Paterno is being made the scape goat and the main culprit in this sad story, and that's not right. Mike McQueary should of went straight to the Police instead of calling his father..then telling Joe Paterno. Paterno did NOT witness this incident first hand, and once he was told he did the correct thing by kicking it up the chain of command. Hearsay is not admissible in a court of law, but yet in the court of public opinion, it means everything in the world and we should flood 911 with calls.

Because the Justice system failed these kids FIRST...Paterno made an error in judgement by not putting his foot down, when the board of trustees failed to act and started the cover up.

Nobody in the Media is reporting that the original D.A. who dropped these charges went missing in 2005 and a search of his laptop found that this D.A. was searching how to destroy a hard drive.

Again..why is the media making this story about Joe Paterno and not the people responsible to uphold the law when charges were brought against Sandusky the first time?

Where is the outcry from the people and the media?

Just goes to prove that the Media will slant a story and not report the entire truth.
                            Flux, this is far from over and I agree that law enforcement failed as well. If properly investigated I bet they find payoffs in return for no prosecution years ago. Paterno has the big recognized name so the circus plays that up. None of the people involved should have let it rest, but they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              Flux, this is far from over and I agree that law enforcement failed as well. If properly investigated I bet they find payoffs in return for no prosecution years ago. Paterno has the big recognized name so the circus plays that up. None of the people involved should have let it rest, but they did.
                              Exactly Frank!!

When the dust settles and more information comes out to what really happened, I "think" we will find that this cover-up was more powerful than Joe Paterno could handle. Nobody is talking about "why" the real reason McQueary isn't being fired, and the reporter who broke this story was on local talk radio today in Philly and he said..."They won't fire McQueary because they know he will talk, and he can't talk because of P.S.U. rules". He also claims..." If McQueary does talk, one of 2 things are going to happen...either he throws Paterno under the bus, or he throws the board of trustees under the bus".

Comment

You're obviously entitled to feel that way, but the grand jury report from the state of Pennsylvania tells a slightly different story. Joe Paterno is like 5 or 6th "down" on the list of those to blame, but yet the Media and people alike are making him public enemy #1. If you have this much hatred towards Paterno...you should have equal hatred for the Justice system that failed to jail Sandusky in the first place..which means PSU wouldn't of started a cover up. When you grasp that concept...your anger should start to go towards law enforcement.

People are "speculating" that Joe chose football over those children...none of us here knows what Joe, the board of trustees, and the President were actually thinking on this behind closed doors. Specualtion is easy to do, and once someone in the media reports that biased opinion, it plants a bad seed in the minds who read that crap.

Why did the D.A. suddenly disappear and his body never found? Did Joe Paterno have a hand in that as well?

No offense but, I would hate to be on trial for my life, and have a jury full of closed minded people.
                                Heh, I don't hate the guy and I am certainly not closed minded, you said that, not me. So now you have my answer "I don't hate the guy", got it? So now you can stop claiming you know what I am thinking.

Paterno failed morally to do what was right. You should stop kidding yourself and pretending he was "way down the list". If he was on the list (and he was) he should have contacted the police. For people to think differently is unbelievable! Joe Paterno could have helped some of these children that his friend and employee was raping and he choose NOT TO HELP. It is a moral failure of huge proportions. I agree with you that the entire story is not yet out....and I bet there are some people that are certainly worried about that tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X