X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama: We`re here to stay

The head lines in one of our news papers Obama "We`re here to stay" and US troops in Australia gee China must be more important to the US than I thought its looks like the middle east is on the back burner from now on

Tony

Re: Obama: We`re here to stay

Heh, you get all of that out of a few hundred Marines being sent to Australia with an estimated build up to maybe 2500 over time ~shrug~

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
      Heh, you get all of that out of a few hundred Marines being sent to Australia with an estimated build up to maybe 2500 over time ~shrug~
      Didn`t you know just one US marine is worth a hundred the Chinese must be trembelling by now

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        Didn`t you know just one US marine is worth a hundred the Chinese must be trembelling by now

Tony
        It worked for the Brits when they started broadcasting that they were sending in the Gurkha's during the Falkland Island Conflict. Many of the Argentine's didn't want to lose there heads to those guys with the curved knives. :0
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ArizonaPlumber; 11-17-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Could someone please explain the connection between china and australia that involves the u.s. sending troops? I don't get it? Is australia under siege by china? Thanks, Frank

Comment

Frank,

With a friendly nod, may I ask if you're worried about this too? You are always concerned with "Communist China" and I think Obama has heard your concerns and therefore it is simply a matter of military logistics to strengthen our presense as closely as possible to the area of the south China sea that seems to be too often disputed by China's navy.

Besides, it's a good deal for both Australia and us.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
              Frank,

With a friendly nod, may I ask if you're worried about this too? You are always concerned with "Communist China" and I think Obama has heard your concerns and therefore it is simply a matter of military logistics to strengthen our presense as closely as possible to the area of the south China sea that seems to be too often disputed by China's navy.

Besides, it's a good deal for both Australia and us.

CWS
              Thanks for the reply. I didn't understand the reason behind us being there. No, I'm not worried about this, but it all concens me a bit. I would say aside from my health and family, I am concerned for the economy. I just read that President Obama brokered some trade deal with some of our asian friends in the amount of 25 billion dollars, I wonder how that compares to the 300 billion in walmart sales in the USA? Communist China is growing too powerful on our consumer dollars as we grow weaker with more Americans unemployed and revenue to cities and states down. I don't like communist china, it's brutal and oppressive government. I see no reason to praise the communist chinese for anything they accomplish when human rights are part of the price paid. I hate to see what has happened to my country.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Could someone please explain the connection between china and australia that involves the u.s. sending troops? I don't get it? Is australia under siege by china? Thanks, Frank
                Frank one word MONEY $$$$$$

Tony

Comment

Amazing isn't it...It's all about money$$$$$ ..so true
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I heard this crapx on the news and almost shnat myself. man now we have to spend money sending troops to places that may be the safest on earth! Tony along time ago you said something like "no wounder you guys can't afford socialized medicine you spend your money policing the world" I sure don't want socialized medicine but I sure would like to save some of that money we spend all over the world. Anyway that point was not wasted on me. and most insiteful on your part. so how much do we have to pay to keep troops there?

Comment

Money makes the world go around its a happy happy sound it makes the world go round a buck a yen a frank or a pound makes the world go round La La La La Lisa Minnelli in cabaret and she was right

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                        I heard this crapx on the news and almost shnat myself. man now we have to spend money sending troops to places that may be the safest on earth! Tony along time ago you said something like "no wounder you guys can't afford socialized medicine you spend your money policing the world" I sure don't want socialized medicine but I sure would like to save some of that money we spend all over the world. Anyway that point was not wasted on me. and most insiteful on your part. so how much do we have to pay to keep troops there?
                        O don`t be like that we in Australia carn`t afford five billion dollar air craft carriers sailing the world if we spent that type of money we couldn`t afford our Medicare and our standard of living I would just like to say thanks for contributing your last cent to me and my Fellow Australians for your sacrifice in protecting us from the Chinese hords well I am taking the rest of the day off and going to the beach its 32c and its going to be great knowing we are protected by you at no extra expence

Tony

Comment

Now I'm confused again! Will we have troops there to keep an eye on the chinese navy, or is it something to do with money? I don't understand the money part? Is china buying land in australia?

Comment

No Frank the US took their eye off the ball as the real money from now on is in Asia China and India and the US wants to parade its influence and if it is not there it carn`t so what would be a better place to park its troops than at the top end of Australia as we talk English and have the same policies on Asia.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                              O don`t be like that we in Australia carn`t afford five billion dollar air craft carriers sailing the world if we spent that type of money we couldn`t afford our Medicare and our standard of living I would just like to say thanks for contributing your last cent to me and my Fellow Australians for your sacrifice in protecting us from the Chinese hords well I am taking the rest of the day off and going to the beach its 32c and its going to be great knowing we are protected by you at no extra expence

Tony
                              No problem your welcome but dont give us too much credit,if the SHTF in the world Austrailia would probably get wiped off the map in the first few days. Maybe by then we could work out our differences with the Chinese and the war wouldn't extend to the U.S. Most Americans would feel terrible.......then crack a beer and turn the game on. See ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X