• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Township rules

LOL, check this out.

Comment

Thankfully in our development, the houses are not THAT close together. I seriously couldn't live that close to someone, as I'm sure petty arguments would ensue.

On 1 side of me lives a Police officer, and on the other side it's vacant until someone buys the lot.

Comment

my neighbors is over a mile away, the land border is 1/2 mile,
        (I have more problem with county road that they put though the middle of my farmsted) they let me put up some signs and suggested speed limits, and it helps, people are now slowing down some,

coming from the north one can not see the shop drive way on the other side of the hill, and it was dangerous, and if people think there could be a slow moving tractor on the other side of this hill crest, it encourages them to slow, I thought about putting up some goat crossing but I think the tractor put more of image in their mind to slow down,
        so far no goats have been hit or killed, (as any of you know if you have raised goats, all goats think a fence is for is to escape from)
        Attached Files
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          my neighbors is over a mile away, the land border is 1/2 mile,
          (I have more problem with county road that they put though the middle of my farmsted) they let me put up some signs and suggested speed limits, and it helps, people are now slowing down some,

coming from the north one can not see the shop drive way on the other side of the hill, and it was dangerous, and if people think there could be a slow moving tractor on the other side of this hill crest, it encourages them to slow, I thought about putting up some goat crossing but I think the tractor put more of image in their mind to slow down,
          so far no goats have been hit or killed, (as any of you know if you have raised goats, all goats think a fence is for is to escape from)
          We have a ton of farm land in my area, and this area where I'm moving too, has even more. On one side of our development is a farm with major major corn fields. The other side of our development is a horse farm and not sure what other animals are on it. I personally like the country setting, as I couldn't deal with the hustle and bustle of everyday city life.

The thing I don't understand and makes absolutely zero sense at all is...we have to use trash bags only for our trash. Like someone on the board forgot we have Raccoon's,Possum's, skunks,deer,fox's, and the occasional black bear roaming around etc. So now it's possible for all of us to chase our trash throughout the neighborhood, when these animals are looking for something to eat. Might as well make sure I eat lot's of steak so the animals have a good balanced diet just like I will. But what do I know..I'm just one of many new guys on the block, and the people who lived there before me know better.

Comment

Gee Flux,

I re-read your opening topic and all the labels you put on the town and it's rules; and then, I read my post to see what kind of "twisted" response I may have written that "attacked" you.

Man... I simply don't see that my response was anything "twisted" or even inflamatory toward you. All that my response consisted of was a reasonable explanation as to why towns and neighborhoods have "rules" and I gave a couple of examples. Perhaps they weren't the best examples, as I was trying to keep things simple. Apparently you have some real "button" issues that you can't refrain from striking back from.

But hey, it's a forum and obviously this is a very touchy issue and perhaps you're just peeved at yourself because you had expectations on your new property that may now be dampered. Sorry about that, if the neighborhood parameters are too containing for your style. But, I don't see that has anything whatsoever to do with getting in the way of getting up each morning and going to work and make a living, unless of course you have so much equipment and inventory that you need to make your residence the storage place for all of that. But even then, unless your neighborhood doesn't allow for a garage you should have what you need. And again, if they are infringing upon your right to have a garage or lawn shed, then you certainly have a right to look for an "easement" with the local governing body and you might even be able to enlist your neighbor's help in getting that. Afterall, such things are generally in place only to headoff extremes and a good friendly relationship with your neighbors is very often helpful in getting some things changed to everyone's benefit.

Just don't be so ready to jump into combat as you have with me. I'm not your enemy and I didn't twist or attack you in anyway!

CWS

Comment

I don't think anybody is concerned about having upto 3 deliveries a day: US Mail, UPS, and a Fedex. Nobody is trying to stop your flow of parts. It would seem the town doesn't want a garage distribution center in the rsidential areas that are moving 50 trucks a day. An area where I lived was much the same and infringed on the vehicles I needed to use. This problem was solved by a privacy fence and double gates to park my equipment on my property and "hide" it. I called it more security for my property, win...win.

As for property space allocation, the less you tell the happier you will be. Tell them what they want to hear and do what you need it to do. Nobody is going to come in with a tape measure after the CO is issued and measure square foot utilization.

Having that cop next door could be nice or a real pain in the butt if you can't work with instead of against the local government. There are few politicians that don't have an overly high sense of self.
              Last edited by Jones Mechanicals; 11-19-2011, 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Master,

Loved the video...

Clearly illustrates the frustration that too often occurs between "neighbors". Looks like the woman with the fence is finding cans and butts on her grass, and the obvious explanation is that they are coming over the fence in that particular area. Of course they could be dropping our of heavan or blowing down the fence from and adjacent yard, but NOT likely as butts and cans usually don't drift on the wind. YET, the alledged offending neighbor is a bit encensed about this issue. (Alas, methinks she protests too much!). But, the neighbor has a valid complaint against someone... it's her fence and her yard and unless there's and ordanance against it, it's her sign and she has a right to do anything to her fence within the confines of any existing ordinance.

I have a neighbor, who doesn't take their garbage to the curb but every few weeks. Meantime, it gets stacked against my hedges and it blows into MY yard and during the summer when I go to the garage you just about gag on the smell of this rotting mess.

I also have the same neighbor who feels that they have the right to do anything in their back yard that they desire and that usually consists of blaring radio's, honking horns and any kind of noisemaker they can put there. Any "please" request from us gets met with a tirade of shouting vulgarities, and personal threats and insults. It's even gone to the point where they've threatened our 12-year old grandson.

Well, enough is enough and I've taken to recording such activity and response and currently these people are in the midst of a charge of disturbing the peace and aggrevated harrasment and have a court order of protection against them.

These are people who are "squatters", having lived on this bank-owned property for three years now... FREE! No taxes, no rent, no mortgage. People who know every possible step to their "rights", but haven't a clue to their responsibilities. Two days ago, I found out that they stiffed the plumbing business that we use for over $600. They're on welfare, disability, and have no jobs of any kind and thus no work income... YET, just within the last year they've purchased a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country, a 2010 PT Cruiser Convertable, and a 2009 Hyundai sedan. AND for all of that, they claim "Poor Person Status" here in NY and the bank is now having to go to the state Supreme Court in a further attempt to evict these scum bags.

But, perhaps it's only my "elitist" attitude that makes me dislike them.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                  Gee Flux,

I re-read your opening topic and all the labels you put on the town and it's rules; and then, I read my post to see what kind of "twisted" response I may have written that "attacked" you.

Man... I simply don't see that my response was anything "twisted" or even inflamatory toward you. All that my response consisted of was a reasonable explanation as to why towns and neighborhoods have "rules" and I gave a couple of examples. Perhaps they weren't the best examples, as I was trying to keep things simple. Apparently you have some real "button" issues that you can't refrain from striking back from.

But hey, it's a forum and obviously this is a very touchy issue and perhaps you're just peeved at yourself because you had expectations on your new property that may now be dampered. Sorry about that, if the neighborhood parameters are too containing for your style. But, I don't see that has anything whatsoever to do with getting in the way of getting up each morning and going to work and make a living, unless of course you have so much equipment and inventory that you need to make your residence the storage place for all of that. But even then, unless your neighborhood doesn't allow for a garage you should have what you need. And again, if they are infringing upon your right to have a garage or lawn shed, then you certainly have a right to look for an "easement" with the local governing body and you might even be able to enlist your neighbor's help in getting that. Afterall, such things are generally in place only to headoff extremes and a good friendly relationship with your neighbors is very often helpful in getting some things changed to everyone's benefit.

Just don't be so ready to jump into combat as you have with me. I'm not your enemy and I didn't twist or attack you in anyway!

CWS
                  CWS, FLux has said in the past he is only concerned with himself and his family, and now he says he doesn't care about his neighbors!. That kind of attitude sickens me and makes me think he is a scumbag. Flux you can dislike or disrespect me but I am a kind and caring man who would go out of my way to help others. I am considerate of my neighbors and expect it in return. If I lived in a residential neighborhood and a self employed business owner decided to break all the rules we would have a big problem! I expect families living there with small children don't want the streets busy with delivery trucks or clients. If you only think about yourself don't expect anyone else to give a crap about you or your problems. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does not apply to just you. Maybe you should go live in a cave, or better yet learn how to be a better person. That Constitution you wave around was written by men who cared about others! Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    CWS, FLux has said in the past he is only concerned with himself and his family, and now he says he doesn't care about his neighbors!. That kind of attitude sickens me and makes me think he is a scumbag. Flux you can dislike or disrespect me but I am a kind and caring man who would go out of my way to help others. I am considerate of my neighbors and expect it in return. If I lived in a residential neighborhood and a self employed business owner decided to break all the rules we would have a big problem! I expect families living there with small children don't want the streets busy with delivery trucks or clients. If you only think about yourself don't expect anyone else to give a crap about you or your problems. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does not apply to just you. Maybe you should go live in a cave, or better yet learn how to be a better person. That Constitution you wave around was written by men who cared about others! Frank
                    Frank...are you a nosey neighbor? Are you one of those guys who peeks out your window and has the Police on speed dial, because your neighbors grass is an inch over what the code allows? Or maybe you're the neighborhood watch captain who yells at kids for playing hockey in the street. I've seen guys like you before, and I have to be honest...I never want to be that way. It's none of my business what my neighbors do and it's none of yours either, because it if was your business, it would be called "public property", instead of "private property".

To put it bluntly to you...if you were my neighbor, I could care less what you do on your property, as long as it didn't effect me or my family. I could care less what my neighbors thought about me, because I don't go around in life worrying about who likes me or not. I don't need to win any popularity contests like you seem to need in your life. It's one thing to be a nice neighbor and do nice things, and it's another to be an a$$hole and get in their business.

Basically, you live your life the way you want...don't tell me how to live mine.
                    Last edited by Flux; 11-19-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
                      I don't think anybody is concerned about having upto 3 deliveries a day: US Mail, UPS, and a Fedex. Nobody is trying to stop your flow of parts. It would seem the town doesn't want a garage distribution center in the rsidential areas that are moving 50 trucks a day. An area where I lived was much the same and infringed on the vehicles I needed to use. This problem was solved by a privacy fence and double gates to park my equipment on my property and "hide" it. I called it more security for my property, win...win.

As for property space allocation, the less you tell the happier you will be. Tell them what they want to hear and do what you need it to do. Nobody is going to come in with a tape measure after the CO is issued and measure square foot utilization.

Having that cop next door could be nice or a real pain in the butt if you can't work with instead of against the local government. There are few politicians that don't have an overly high sense of self.
                      The township manager was adamant about deliveries, and I absolutely understand that, so I didn't push the issue about UPS or USPS. There is no difference between me ordering a part for a heater online and having it delivered, to an online shopper buying and selling on E-bay. If I had the room, I would totally put up a Pole Building so I could even keep my truck inside, so extending the driveway and keeping my truck on the side out of view will have to do. (boy what a horrible inconsiderate neighbor I am )

As for the Cop, I only seen him once since I've been out there, but my wife talked to him one night for like an hour. He's a young single guy living in a house bigger than mine! (good for him). She was telling me how this cop wants to throw a neighborhood party for all the residents in our phase, so I'm excited to actually meet the guy. It helps that he's full Italian like we are!

But we went out there this morning cause the footings were poured, and I was driving around phase #1 & #2..and I've seen many code violations that I read about in the township rules. I counted 11 contractor's....a big trailer on the property for 1 with a HUGE smoker....and others having some type of small equipment on their property, so I think I'll be fine. My cousin (he lives in phase 2) hollered at me last night for saying something to the township about my new work truck, but I had to cause, I don't need to have a knock on the door because some nosey neighbor across the street doesn't like the looks of it. It's perfectly legal according to their rules, and now my cousin bought the same truck this morning. (hypocrite!).

Other than my truck..I'll have to go one more time to take a permit out for the building structure...that one is going to piss some people off I'm sure. I don't need a knock on the door from the township telling me it has to come down...I'm dotting my "i's" and crossing my "t's" on this one.
                      Last edited by Flux; 11-19-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Flux, you can live by me. Got 3 acres, pole barn, can burn trash or leaves or whatever you want. Can shoot guns all day long if you feel like it. I ride 4 wheelers and snowmobiles up and down the yard all the time. Oh, and I put my trash in a huge can out at the road! The coons will get into it if I don't. I could also fit 5 or 10 loud smoking semis on my 500 ft. drive.
                        You would just have to move to Illinois. Thats a drawback I guess.
                        Good luck with those cronies!

Comment

Sounds like as long as nobody starts complaining you should be fine. It also seems that you would like to have more structure than the limits allow. Perhaps a variance could be issued for that pole barn or whatever you need if you show the benefit of the structure from the towns perspective of not having to see your equipment. This may also be better timed in 6 months when the current office holder steps down. The next person may be less of a dictator.

Comment

I don't care for HOAs but have owned property in them. Playing devil's advocate, people buy in HOAs because they like those type of rules. Sadly the Constitution has nothing to do with it when you sigh that contract to comply. In my Las Vegas home they threatened to fine me because leaves from one of my trees were falling into my neighbors yard and pool. I told them have at it as there was nothing in the CC&Rs dictating where the leaves from developer planted trees were suppose to land. When my father-in-law bought a new home he asked about parking his 5th wheel at his house. The salesman told him there would be no problem. His neighbor complained and he was told it had to go. He tried fighting it but it was headed to litigation. I decided to walk the neighborhood one Saturday with my camera. I document 191-CC&R violations including the neighbor who complained oversize truck and watercraft. I helped my father-in-law write 191-complaints demanding they all be corrected immediately. They dropped the litigation and then big apologies to him. It's been 12-years now and they still have not said one word to him about anything.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                            X