X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distribution of Wealth

I own an F250 4X4 Crew Cab pickup truck which is not driven much except for the winter time. It's a 1999 but in good shape so I keep it around for those times I need it. This morning my daughter Jana came over to pick up her two daughters who had spent the night. When she came in she asked if the cross-over box in the truck was suppose to be open. It appears someone in the middle of the night liberated approximately $1,000 worth of tools and equipment out of my cross-over box. As a responsible citizen I called and filled a report so the Sheriff can properly dispatch their assets. What surprised me was how calm I was through the entire event. That's when it occurred to me I am desensitize from theft I deal with every year from the Government.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Distribution of Wealth

Sorry Mark. I put up a 4x4 post above our redwood pergalo next to the driveway. about 11 rt. high. on top is 2 150 halogen lights with sensor. Anyone approaching the drive is lit up good. Also have another duel hallogen at garage.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

sorry to hear about that mark.

i'm glad i came by the other night to pick up my dvdpak.

i guess they didn't want the bronco

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

In the last thirty days the rental yard and my local supply house have had a less than three minute smash and grab through the glass front door.Three new Hilti demo hammers,couple rotary drills from the rental.All the NIB milwaukee 12v and corded tools that were lined up on the highest shelf behind the counter were confiscated from the Ferguson's for redistribution.I'm unloading the van every night and re-loading in the mornings.

Government won't say Sh!t about how they have ruined this country's quality of life to where things like this are going to be on the rise.

Hey republicans,your buddy Newt just announced he will continue supporting the decline of blue collar compensation.He won't enforce illegal imigration law either.He says if you have anchor babies and pay taxes under your fake social # you can sponge off america all you want as a minority and we won't bother you.Fawk-That.

I'll bet it was one of my ex-coworkers that stole from you Mark.They're not a very clear thinking bunch these days now that all the illegals are back working after pushing whitey out of his trade.

Or..
        You all do know building is back on the rise don't you.These underpaid illegals need your tools.Bet you can buy them back this weekend at the swap meet.

Either way,do what you can to protect your property friends.I know their looking at my van

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          In the last thirty days the rental yard and my local supply house have had a less than three minute smash and grab through the glass front door.Three new Hilti demo hammers,couple rotary drills from the rental.All the NIB milwaukee 12v and corded tools that were lined up on the highest shelf behind the counter were confiscated from the Ferguson's for redistribution.I'm unloading the van every night and re-loading in the mornings.

Government won't say Sh!t about how they have ruined this country's quality of life to where things like this are going to be on the rise.

Hey republicans,your buddy Newt just announced he will continue supporting the decline of blue collar compensation.He won't enforce illegal imigration law either.He says if you have anchor babies and pay taxes under your fake social # you can sponge off america all you want as a minority and we won't bother you.Fawk-That.

I'll bet it was one of my ex-coworkers that stole from you Mark.They're not a very clear thinking bunch these days now that all the illegals are back working after pushing whitey out of his trade.

Or..
          You all do know building is back on the rise don't you.These underpaid illegals need your tools.Bet you can buy them back this weekend at the swap meet.

Either way,do what you can to protect your property friends.I know their looking at my van
          Mark!!!

I'm sorry they stole from you

Comment

We have Dakota Alert driveway sensors at our shop which is about 3/4 of a mile from the house. If anyone walks or drives onto the yard during the night we know it right away, an alarm blares in our bedroom and also my brother and his wife have an alarm in their bedroom at their house. Not 100% security system, but worth the money IMO.

Dakota Alert, Wireless Alarms and Security

Comment

Sorry Mark

at least they left you the truck...

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Sorry Mark

at least they left you the truck...
                Thank goodness you had your extra insurance Cracks

Comment

sorry about that Mark do you need me and Rosie to come out and find who did this
                  we had some one go through cars on my street a couple years ago but did not hit my house we have a light that comes on when you come on the drive way . i ran a trail with Rosie off one of the other cars they hit and we went up the road to a apartment complex but she could not zero in on one place but she did not leave the place ,so im sure it was some one from up there
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                    sorry about that Mark do you need me and Rosie to come out and find who did this
                    we had some one go through cars on my street a couple years ago but did not hit my house we have a light that comes on when you come on the drive way . i ran a trail with Rosie off one of the other cars they hit and we went up the road to a apartment complex but she could not zero in on one place but she did not leave the place ,so im sure it was some one from up there

Good, good doggie.

You definitely know they were the guilty.

Saving 6 weeks worth of dog samplings on their vehicles and under the door handles would be the only justice possible.

Sorry to hear of this Mark. Sucks in a way that I know what it's like and you look at people differently for months when out and about, thinking someone will look back at you like they had something to do with it.

I've got security cameras that are night vision, records 72 hours back at all times. Of course, they dress accordingly.

What I have been doing is backing the truck up against the one building, making it impossible for anyone to get into the bed of the truck. That has proven to be the best for protection.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Mark. I don't know what I resent more, the actual theft or the counter measures necessitated by the threat.

Comment

Side note on Truck boxes:

If you use them or plan on getting one this is the brand to use.

MCWelco: Truck Boxes : Tool Truck Boxes : McWelco.com

I know of only one person that has had one broken into. The thieves did it with a 20lb sledge and a wood splitting wedge. It took them several hours to do it, as they were caught on video. The breaking point was the welded tab inside the lock dock area.

We use them in all our trucks and have never had an issue.

Comment

Rick and the rest of you guys that are in Calif. will agree on this statement, " You have not experienced the distribution of wealth until you run a business in this "state.

Comment

Thanks for all of the support guys but I really am okay with it. At one time the city I live in was considered the 2nd safest city in California and the 8th safest in the United States. I have never locked my front door and the truck was parked on the street without the box being locked. Including yesterday, I have been ripped off 3-times in the 35-years I have lived here. In the 70's I lost two surfboards I had sitting on the front yard, in the 90's I lost a tool box off of my rough-in truck and now this. Overall I feel like I have been pretty fortunate.My real work truck with all of the toys was in the driveway with the alarm set and all of the bins locked. The truck on the street was like a sacrificial anode and saved the real truck. In the last 5-years I have watched the makeup of the neighborhood start to change. Perhaps it is now time to have a key made for my front door.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Thanks for all of the support guys but I really am okay with it. At one time the city I live in was considered the 2nd safest city in California and the 8th safest in the United States. I have never locked my front door and the truck was parked on the street without the box being locked. Including yesterday, I have been ripped off 3-times in the 35-years I have lived here. In the 70's I lost two surfboards I had sitting on the front yard, in the 90's I lost a tool box off of my rough-in truck and now this. Overall I feel like I have been pretty fortunate.My real work truck with all of the toys was in the driveway with the alarm set and all of the bins locked. The truck on the street was like a sacrificial anode and saved the real truck. In the last 5-years I have watched the makeup of the neighborhood start to change. Perhaps it is now time to have a key made for my front door.

Mark
                              My side of the bed. Sig .380 WW2 Marine K Bar, flashlight. Mom's side 22 revolver, flashlite. Don't laugh the 22 is the Mafaia's favorite weapon. I paid for a Months worth of training for Her . She out shoots Me with the 1911 45 !
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X