Our wonderful veterans day lunchen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our wonderful veterans day lunchen

I joined approx 50 other former Marines for lunch Nov. 11. This Year it was $27.00 a plate. 2 ww 2 marines had their cash box and table set Up as usual.I brought an Iraq marine 2003 neighbor and handed over $54.00 . "Sorry ,can't take Your money " An anonymous Man called gave his credit card#,and said My Dad was a Marine, I'm picking up the tab for the whole group!" Wow, We were all so touched! One Marine stood up an said " The wounded warrior fund Helped Me and My family when I was injured, I'm throwing My plate $ in this glass pitcher for them" We all did the same. Many Marines from WW2,Korea,Nam Iraq.We all applauded for 4 woman Marines WW2,and Korea. An elderly ,Great Grand Mother, with a cane stood
    up. WW 2 Sgt. Major. We all stood and clapped. My Heroes, bless them all! Happy Thanks Giving.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Our wonderful veterans day lunchen

Semper Fi.

Comment

OORAH !!!!!

My girlfriend's son is home on leave from the Marines until he gets deployed to somewhere where there is a lot sand & the women are so ugly they where sheets over their faces. He told her the two things he wanted while he was home was to eat her cooking & to go to a Ravens game. I called a buddy up who has a skybox & he gave me 3 tickets to the Ravens-49ers game on Thanksgiving. My buddy is a Marine ( there are no former marines) who served in desert storm told him it was honor to help out a fellow Marine who was serving his counrty. My girlfriend told her son after the game she gave him everything he wanted while he was home and she only wants one thing from him and that is to come home the same way he left.

Comment

In the Navy we use to say the Marines were the women's department of the Navy!

How many squids are here?

Comment

Originally posted by flux View Post
          in the navy we use to say the marines were the women's department of the navy!

How many squids are here?
          but never to theif face
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by MR.FUDD View Post
            OORAH !!!!!

My girlfriend's son is home on leave from the Marines until he gets deployed to somewhere where there is a lot sand & the women are so ugly they where sheets over their faces. He told her the two things he wanted while he was home was to eat her cooking & to go to a Ravens game. I called a buddy up who has a skybox & he gave me 3 tickets to the Ravens-49ers game on Thanksgiving. My buddy is a Marine ( there are no former marines) who served in desert storm told him it was honor to help out a fellow Marine who was serving his counrty. My girlfriend told her son after the game she gave him everything he wanted while he was home and she only wants one thing from him and that is to come home the same way he left.
            Bless Him,Please thank Him for His service,for Me

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              but never to theif face
              Sure we did...had about 200 of them stationed on the U.S.S. Wisconsin. The friendly rivalry was always back and forth...especially when we were underway.

Comment

Working...
              X