X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Refrigerators

We have a LG model refrigerator. The freezer is on the bottom and it's door not a drawer style.
    We purchased it from Home Depot almost 5 years ago I think it's a 22 cu' +/-
    The front is stainless steel and the sides are a gray steel. It looks very nice!!!
    The inside offers a myriad of shelf adjustments too.

It is quiet, energy efficient etc. The only bell and whistle it really has is a beeper if you stand in front of
    it too long while gawking at the stuff inside trying to decide to I have a carrot or get a beer!

At first I was not too keen on a bottom freezer [I have had 4 back surgeries] but the reality is it's a moot
    point!

do you use the refrigerator part more? of course, so everything is at a nice level and easy access.

With the freezer on top you bend to get into the crisper
    With the freezer on the bottom you bend to get the frozen ground beef

After having a bottom freezer now I'm very satisfied with it.

Cactus Man

Comment

Half of the appliance brands out there are owned by the same company. GE, Maytag, Kenmore, Whirlpool, if I am not mistaken are owned by the same company, even some of the appliances are identical with the exception of the features and different names on it. I had a GE front load washer and dryer, the neighbors had a Kenmore Front loader, same machine, different (more) features. Don't quote me on who owns who, but keep in mind they do not make things to last anymore. When my GE set crapped out within 3 months of each other, I have been replacing them with tried and true 20+ year old top loaders that work awesome and are cheap to repair.

[EDIT] found this.
      http://www.appliance411.com/purchase/make.shtml
      Last edited by masterbeavis; 11-28-2011, 01:38 AM.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Well I have a Maytag as our main refrigerator and a GE one right at our sort of second kitchen.

The Maytag is the better option with the 2 door side by side refrigerator because they just look better and have a lot of options at that.

Sears was a very strong name back in the day but I guess services really falter after a while.

Comment

Working...
        X