X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big 3 double 0

Well, my work truck (01 Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel 4x4) turned over 300k miles today! Think I might pull the valve cover this weekend for an adjustment of valves, but other than that, its still running good. Leaks some oil, but hey, I can't complain to much. Now, hopefully the darn thing last another 100k miles, can't afford to replace it anytime soon!
    Attached Files

Re: The big 3 double 0

I'm jealous!

Comment

nice.

The gmc savannah I flog daily is within a couple months of 200k. but it's on it's second engine lol.

You got that lift and those big fat tires because you need them to get to all the calls on the sand flats and up the hollers? or just because you are that cool?
      Last edited by Ace Sewer; 11-29-2011, 01:43 AM.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Rumor has it that the expected lifespan for a Cummins is around 500K. Keep changing the oil and don't use(abuse) the power, you should make it just fine.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

My GMC Savanna went over 200k a few months ago
          Same engine on 2nd trany

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
            nice.

The gmc savannah I flog daily is within a couple months of 200k. but it's on it's second engine lol.

You got that lift and those big fat tires because you need them to get to all the calls on the sand flats and up the hollers? or just because you are that cool?
            That was my 2000 Ram. Fun truck, I miss it some days. It was fun rock crawling, and trail riding with it, but proved to be way to expensive to use your work truck as a trail rig. Ended up selling it last year when I bought the 01. The 00 had just under 200k miles on, bought it with 56k in 04. The 01 had 260k on it last fall when I bought it. I've known the truck though since it had 150k on it (friend owned it). It's in good shape for the mileage and little rust. It its a long box, which has been a blessing and curse. The 00 was a short bed, sucked for materials, but was easier to manuver than the long bed. Now that I have a trailer I almost never haul anything in the bed, and the shortbox did back up trailers better.

Anyway, the lift was for looks, but play too. The newer truck doesn't have a lift on it, but does have the larger tires. Mainly because I got them half price during a fire sale at tiresplus and well, I think they look better. I'll probably drop down to a 31" tire on the next set just for the fuel savings. 35" tires are not light, and they are gettin expensive.

I know of a few 1million mile dodge trucks, pretty impressive. This truck needs to last me at least 2 more years. Thankfully, they really are easy to work on, I just hope the body lasts 2 more years in Minnesota with all the damn road salt. The truck originally came from Colorado and then my friend in northern WI. Just one winter here is already starting to show...

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              That was my 2000 Ram. Fun truck, I miss it some days. It was fun rock crawling, and trail riding with it, but proved to be way to expensive to use your work truck as a trail rig. Ended up selling it last year when I bought the 01. The 00 had just under 200k miles on, bought it with 56k in 04. The 01 had 260k on it last fall when I bought it. I've known the truck though since it had 150k on it (friend owned it). It's in good shape for the mileage and little rust. It its a long box, which has been a blessing and curse. The 00 was a short bed, sucked for materials, but was easier to manuver than the long bed. Now that I have a trailer I almost never haul anything in the bed, and the shortbox did back up trailers better.

Anyway, the lift was for looks, but play too. The newer truck doesn't have a lift on it, but does have the larger tires. Mainly because I got them half price during a fire sale at tiresplus and well, I think they look better. I'll probably drop down to a 31" tire on the next set just for the fuel savings. 35" tires are not light, and they are gettin expensive.

I know of a few 1million mile dodge trucks, pretty impressive. This truck needs to last me at least 2 more years. Thankfully, they really are easy to work on, I just hope the body lasts 2 more years in Minnesota with all the damn road salt. The truck originally came from Colorado and then my friend in northern WI. Just one winter here is already starting to show...
              Do you oil undercoat it?
              26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
                Do you oil undercoat it?
                It's a 300k mile diesel, it does it all on its own

It's the typical dodge rust, door bottoms and rear fender wells.

Comment

Working...
                X