Holiday Wishes From Ridgid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Wishes From Ridgid

I appreciated the thought in the email sent to me from Ridgid wishing me their "Warmest Holiday Wishes"
    but no mention of what these holidays are all about "CHRISTMAS" and if you are a christian it is one of the holiest days of the year so why isn`t there no mention of it.

Tony

Re: Holiday Wishes From Ridgid

Originally posted by AFM View Post
    I appreciated the thought in the email sent to me from Ridgid wishing me their "Warmest Holiday Wishes"
    but no mention of what these holidays are all about "CHRISTMAS" and if you are a christian it is one of the holiest days of the year so why isn`t there no mention of it.

Tony
    Tony, please be careful using that word nowadays it can get you in a lot of trouble. We wish you a merry "holiday", I'm dreaming of a white "holiday". You are not the only person . Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Tony, please be careful using that word nowadays it can get you in a lot of trouble. We wish you a merry "holiday", I'm dreaming of a white "holiday". You are not the only person . Frank
      No Frank the people in trouble are the ones that deny what is true and has been true since Jesus Christ walked this earth and I am not ashamed of what I am a Christian so Merry Christmas Frank and a happy new year.

Tony

Comment

It was probably just a shotgun coverage of the holidays in the e-card. I got one yesterday too.

There is a lot of sensitivity to this year and I share your frustration in general. People have been saying happy holidays for many years but this year I seem to miss people saying merry Christmas so Happy Holidays feels like an omission. I dont think that was the intent of the card though to leave out Christmas just to cover all the holidays.

To make up for it I'll proudly give you a big

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Josh

Comment

Tony, I was being sarcastic. I agree with you and Josh. I have posted here before that the accuracy of American history has been compromised by efforts to remove christian symbols such as the cross from our text books. The fact is that our country was founded by christians who carried the cross and displayed it openly on public buildings!We should not be discouraged to proclaim "Merry Christmas", but there is a clear movement to make Christ and Christmas a quiet thing. Walmart employees were ordered to greet customers with happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas, why? I believe we are in a battle. In my opinion the government is not endorsing christianity by allowing American Traditions to be observed, or by keeping our history accurate. I am very disappointed by court decisions that allow such biased and damaging rulings. They pervert the truth. Frank

Comment

Well, I'm not so hung up on "Merry Christmas", though that is what I always say to everyone I meet. I do know people of different faiths and I am hoping that they are in acceptance and appreciation of my Christmas greeting, but I also wish those friends and acquintances who are Jewish, a Happy Hanukkah! It's sort of challenging to make a holiday wish and be knowledgeable of and specific to, one's beliefs... so Happy Holidays gets to cover it all I guess and I'm not so hung up on the idea that somewhat is specifically trying to bypass us "Christians". (I have never asked anyone of thier "beliefs", as it is none of my business, and more important, there's no specific belief requirement to my friendship.)

Perhaps the "Christian" thing to do is to accept others as they are and to realize that in our deep beliefs, there are those who believe a slightly different perspective.

When I was a kid I felt that "Xmas" was sort of a sin.... it wasn't "Xmas"... it was "Christmas" My thinking never came out of any deep religious teachings, as I've never really been a regular "church goer", but that doesn't make me a non-Christian. Funny though, is that I never heard or read any furvor over "Xmas". Strange, don't you think.

My take on the "government" thing is pretty simple. I think they are taking on religious points of view that they really have no right to do. A handful of people seem to have a bug up their a$$ with regards to our religious beliefs and have found it necessary to use the courts to push thier anti-religious agenda, like no prayers in schools, no "Jesus" or Christmas in our parks or public buildings, etc. From my point of view (albeit limited), if there is truly "Separation of Church and State", then our government courts should be refusing to hear such cases. If it is a religious matter that does not infringe upon the safety and welfare of the citizens, then it is simply not a matter that the government can rule on! Religion should not be interferred with by the government.

Yet, we are a nation of Christian beliefs, and it was part of our founding and part of our laws and it is, in its many forms, recognized and supported by our military. Religion is afterall a very essential part of who we are, as a country and as a people. But of course, our people are very diversified, and we do have "freedom of religion". Unfortunately, some among us think that means ONLY their religion, and some among us think that means "Freedom FROM religion". Personally, I like to think that my God, is understanding and acceptable of others without any regard as to what they might or might not believe. Bottom line for me is not their God, but thier Goodness.

So, thanks Ridgid for your season's greetings and Merry Christmas to everyone, and may you know my wishes for the holiday season is for goodness to you and your families,

CWS
            Last edited by CWSmith; 12-16-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
              Well, I'm not so hung up on "Merry Christmas", though that is what I always say to everyone I meet. I do know people of different faiths and I am hoping that they are in acceptance and appreciation of my Christmas greeting, but I also wish those friends and acquintances who are Jewish, a Happy Hanukkah! It's sort of challenging to make a holiday wish and be knowledgeable of and specific to, one's beliefs... so Happy Holidays gets to cover it all I guess and I'm not so hung up on the idea that somewhat is specifically trying to bypass us "Christians". (I have never asked anyone of thier "beliefs", as it is none of my business, and more important, there's no specific belief requirement to my friendship.)

Perhaps the "Christian" thing to do is to accept others as they are and to realize that in our deep beliefs, there are those who believe a slightly different perspective.

When I was a kid I felt that "Xmas" was sort of a sin.... it wasn't "Xmas"... it was "Christmas" My thinking never came out of any deep religious teachings, as I've never really been a regular "church goer", but that doesn't make me a non-Christian. Funny though, is that I never heard or read any furvor over "Xmas". Strange, don't you think.

My take on the "government" thing is pretty simple. I think they are taking on religious points of view that they really have no right to do. A handful of people seem to have a bug up their a$$ with regards to our religious beliefs and have found it necessary to use the courts to push thier anti-religious agenda, like no prayers in schools, no "Jesus" or Christmas in our parks or public buildings, etc. From my point of view (albeit limited), if there is truly "Separation of Church and State", then our government courts should be refusing to hear such cases. If it is a religious matter that does not infringe upon the safety and welfare of the citizens, then it is simply not a matter that the government can rule on! Religion should not be interferred with by the government.

Yet, we are a nation of Christian beliefs, and it was part of our founding and part of our laws and it is, in its many forms, recognized and supported by our military. Religion is afterall a very essential part of who we are, as a country and as a people. But of course, our people are very diversified, and we do have "freedom of religion". Unfortunately, some among us think that means ONLY their religion, and some among us think that means "Freedom FROM religion". Personally, I like to think that my God, is understanding and acceptable of others without any regard as to what they might or might not believe. Bottom line for me is not their God, but thier Goodness.

So, thanks Ridgid for your season's greetings and Merry Christmas to everyone, and may you know my wishes for the holiday season is for goodness to you and your families,

CWS
              Great post. Best wishes to you and your family. Frank

Comment

rose are reddish
                violets are blueish
                if it wasn't for Christmas
                We'd all be Jewish

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah

Cactus Man

p.s. for the record..Chanukah is NOT a holy day!!! It is a celebration of the
                Maccabees winning and the fact of the miracle of a bottle of oil lasting eight
                days

Comment

Feliz navidad y felizo ano nuevo

Comment

Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you fine folks.

Comment

Working...
                    X