X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Has Changed The Forum

I already know I am illiterate and a poor speller but being reminded every time I write thread with the new wiggle red line under my misspelt words is becoming annoying

Tony

Re: Who Has Changed The Forum

Must be relatively recent change. I have not noticed any such behavior when I post.

If it's something a user can turn on or off in their settings I don't think it's a bad idea.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

This is pretty funny

Comment

It could be your browser some have built in spell checks,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

probably your own settings.

or it could be joey just having fun as the spelling bee.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

It mest be your brwsr.... I don't get any indication! For me it would be very much appreciated, but I understand if you don't want to know.

In a recent discussion on spelling errors, I was recommended to download the Google Desktop, as an aide. I haven't done that yet, but maybe this afternoon might present a good opportunity to do so.

I don't spell all that well, but then I don't think I'm lousey either. Problem for me is just rushing over the keyboad and not catching all the letters (I have a few numb fingers) and also just instinctively punching out a word like "Their" when I really meant to say "there". I think a lot of us are sensitive about out spelling errors, but perhaps in different ways. Point is, it's your ability to communicate your question, idea, or point of view...

I don't "throw stones", we're not writing scripture here, we're exhanging thoughts.

Merry Christmas,

CWS

Comment

I use Chrome as my web browser on all of my computers regardless of operating system. Spell check is enabled by default, but can be disabled if you wish. Ironically, "Ridgid" is tagged as a misspelled word until you manually add it to the dictionary.
              "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                I use Chrome as my web browser on all of my computers regardless of operating system. Spell check is enabled by default, but can be disabled if you wish. Ironically, "Ridgid" is tagged as a misspelled word until you manually add it to the dictionary.
                I am having problems with my new canon mx870 printer turning off every time I turn on my computer and asked for help in the Computer section The Water Surgeon suggested I down load CCleaner which I did and now feel this may be the problem so how do I disable the spell checker on my brouser as I am running Mozilla Firefox

PS
                Your right about how Ridgid is spelt
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                  ... so how do I disable the spell checker on my brouser as I am running Mozilla Firefox
                  See here:
                  Disable spell check feature in firefox
                  "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                    Now that was pure genius thanks

Tony

Comment

Yeah I mis spell all the time .Don't catch it till after I post.Then I go and edit it.Too lazy to use spell check I guess
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X