X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Dear Leader Is Dead

I know you are all in mourning for our dear leader kim jong-il and will be for another week

Tony

Re: Our Dear Leader Is Dead

Tony, he won't be missed but my understanding is that things are very unstable right now. I hope there will be some calm heads so this doesn't turn into a all out war with us invovled. Frank

Comment

Whats crazy is the video game Homefront had "predicted" him dying in 2012 and his son Kim Jong-Un taking over.... kinda creapy really.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Tony, he won't be missed but my understanding is that things are very unstable right now. I hope there will be some calm heads so this doesn't turn into a all out war with us invovled. Frank
        We won`t have to worry about that Frank China doesn`t wan`t North Korea to upset the apple cart I was reading that Obama was just about to offer more food aid to North Korea but has put it on hold and wonder why they would bother its time the West allowed them to implode and give them nothing and call their bluff for once and for all

Tony

Comment

Rumor has it that the heir apparent is more of a hardliner than his old man and he has artillery that can reach Seoul with every 5th round a gas warhead. I believe that if they send one single volley of fire that way, especially if it involves gas warfare, that NATO will take them off the map for good. Kinda scary for sure.

Comment

I wouldn't put it past his son to nuke one of his own cities and blame "the west" as an excuse to retaliate and garner support from others.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              I wouldn't put it past his son to nuke one of his own cities and blame "the west" as an excuse to retaliate and garner support from others.
              His son needs to go the way of his dad!
              Lets make it happen, SEAL team 6!!

Comment

Yes, the "dear leader" is dead. But so much is unknown about the son and even the best intell we have hasn't been able to tell us very much about him.

I heard on one of the channels the other day (maybe CNN?) that it was possibly Kim Jong-Un (the "new leader") who had taken charge of both the sinking of the South Korean cruiser and the shelling of the island. Apparently he is just as bad, if not perhaps maniacly worse than his father and grandfather. Here's a recent NY Times article on the "family": http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/23/wo...e-dynasty.html

One of the perplexing problems with dealing with North Korea is it's geographical location... any nuclear strike (internal or external) would have the possibility of extreme effects on Japan, which is close enough to receive major radiation from the nuclear fallout.

Also, Seoul, South Korea is well within artillery range of hundreds of cave embedded gun positions along the DMZ. Many, if not all of these are in "hardened" bunkers and it is questionable as to whether these could be effectively knocked out with even a nuclear strike. The shelling of Seoul would be disasterous and it is estimated that 100's of thousands of civilians would die in the process. Seoul and much of the sorrounding area is quite modern and heavily populated.

Also, we cannot forget that this family dictatorship has had over 60 years to convert the entire population. Unless you were well over seventy years old, a typical N. Korean has absolutely no idea whatsoever as to what the outside world is like. What they do know is only what they have been taught and what they have lived... that they are an isolated nation under attack by a violate outside world whose goal it is to kill every single one of them.

China is of course another great concern. They are now the primary allie and supporter of N. Korea. I don't know why China needs them, but there are obviously some historic ties as well as geological resources that China requires. We in the west are pretty much convinced that any war with N. Korea will also be a war with China. (As was the case when we advanced on the Yalu River in the midst of counter-invasion of the North in the midst of the Korean war. In that case, several intelligence errors on both sides made it look like we were well on our way to invading China. The results were that we almost lost that war completely.

Bottom line is that N. Korea has grown to be a major problem and not one which we can effectively deal with, either politically and probably not militarily. There's simply too much of a threat there, either way. However, I'm of the opinion that N. Korea is pretty much an embarrassment and a terrible burden to China. If China could be given the nod to annex N. Korea, the situation there would be quickly resolved I think. And as much as we may not like China (don't we hate all communists?), they would be better to deal with than the criminal mentality that rules N. Korea. As far as any "gains" or advantages that China might have over the U.S., I think that little would be gained and such gains would certainly offset the dangers that presently exist.

But of course, if China should ever get the idea to "invade" and annex N. Korea, the Unitied States in all of its political and then military fervor, would most likely come to the aid of N. Korea as a poor little nation under attack from the the big Chinese "tiger". We don't seem to be logical at times, and rarely look at "enemies" in the light of "balancing" the evils from third worlds.

CWS

Comment

Isn`t it just providence that the US got its troops out ot Iraq at just the right time they can now go straight to Korea I just wish I had shares in armaments

Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X