X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with this company?

OK, I've got a little trouble and have not been able to get any help what so ever....
    1. Drill batteries died, local (it's nearly 100 miles away) service dealer is not responsible without many repeat follow up calls.... (don't even ask how I know this!)
    2. Sent Drill kit directly to Ridgid... bad idea, seems they don't care if a box with a drill comes to them if there is no "To:" addressee (This according to the VERY RUDE service person I was finally able to make contact with after almost 30 minutes of listening to their hold music....) His attitude was "Stupid user, you can't get help sending equipment to headquarters!"
    3. Sent in request for assistance on email , they responded that my response is in the Dashboard.
    I have never been able to get them to fix my Dashboard login despite multiple attempts...
    4. I'm out $212 for a drill kit that was supposed to last me the rest of my life.

Anyone else have this sort of issue before? Any ideas on how I might get it resolved?
    Last edited by jmccann; 12-21-2011, 02:45 PM.

Re: What is up with this company?

Just talked to a nice lady at cust service... after 40 min on the phone total, she was UNABLE to fix my basic dashboard login to get the response to my query....

Think I'll go to Home Depot and buy a new battery for my Dewalt drill.
    Being able to deal with Ridgid seems to be way above my ......
    Too bad too, I do like their equipment when it works

Have a happy holiday all

Comment

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Welcome to The Forum. Yes, you made a mistake sending your drill kit to Ridgid. In my opinion, you should have attempted to call several service centers and speak to someone, then choose the most responsive and ship your kit or whatever they requested. You can't assume that sending directly to Ridgid would have accomplished anything positive. Service centers are run by individuals with varying experiences with customers and Ridgid, so it's a good idea to feel them out over the phone. There are plenty of companies that will only direct you to an authorized service center or repair facility, sending a defective item to them would bw met with similar results. Best of luck. Frank

Comment

sorry for your issues there. I use Milwaukee cordless tools because I have a milwaukee repair center close by, and they usually have replacement batteries either on hand, or a day a way. Also, Not to be a jerk, but if You're buying a battery tool kit expecting it to last you the rest of your life, you'd better have a terminal disease.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by jmccann View Post
            ... bad idea
            Yep.
            Have a blessed Christmas.
            "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Why does it seem Ridgid has a problem with their power tools?

I'm sure all manufactures have a problem now and then when you mass produce, but I have to be honest, when it comes to power tools, I never have these problems from Milwaukee...am I just lucky?

It's a head scratcher to me cause, Ridgid makes impeccable Plumbing tools that stand up to anything we can throw at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                ... I never have these problems from Milwaukee...am I just lucky?
                Milwaukee has had its fair share of issues, especially with the cordless lines. But they respond with engineering/manufacturing changes astronomically faster than Ridgid, Dewalt, etc. So fast that most end users aren't aware of any problems.
                "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Ive had a makita 18volt lithium fail after a week, got a new one right away had a 18volt lithium milwaukee battery fail had a new one within the week ddewalt holesaws i went threw like 12 3,5/8 up to 5" fajil one after another to the point the building supply had given me everyone on there shelf. The stubs would push out when drilling and rip the threads off them the dewalt rep was a dick and didnt want to replace any of them stateing ive never seen this before as a another contractor brought him one with the same problem, bought a set of milwaukee hole hawgs never a problem. Let's face ridgid power tools are handimen specials not to be compared to milwaukee or makits or even bosch or hitatchi there a step up from ryobi at best... Thanks seanny

Comment

Working...
                  X