X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience is Key

I give you guys in the Trades a lot of credit and respect. I'm sure you come up against some situations that try your patience, including having to learn how to operate some complicated new tool that involves electronics. I cringe when I have to buy a new piece of electronics because I know it will involve a manual and plenty of trial and error until I get the hang of it.

My wife wanted a good digital 35mm camera for Christmas, so I saved up and got her a Canon t3i
    I don't know what made me think we would be able to charge up the battery and start taking pictures, but I had high hopes as the camera powered up for the first time. Ten minutes into it and several menu screens later I was fine with flinging it at a wall and offering her a second choice of gifts. I took a break and came back to the beast with more controls and technology than spy plane. Sure enough I finally got the hang of things and began to understand my way around. There is still much to learn, but it takes nice pictures and video. Best of all, in the manual mode I can really manipulate to details of the picture which brought back fun times with my 35mm film camera.

I can honestly say the advancements of this camera are impressive, but you wouldn't want me as a product tester, unless you were making swings out of old tires.

Re: Patience is Key

"I'm sure you come up against some situations that try your patience".
    Sir, truer words cannot be spoken at a better time.
    I'm finally at a moment where I can log onto a computer and let me tell you: This last job I was at was a complete "group copulation" to use an alternate term. Here we are, in the middle of nowhere, and told to cobble together a fully functioning kitchen and dining area using large tents and a mix of wooden structures capable of serving 5,000 meals a day with a random assortment of material, conductors, fittings, and prints that were completely disregarded/ignored...to industrial standards found back in the States...and completed by December 23.

Just give you fine folks an idea: One of the pallets that arrived contained 12,000 (Yes, twelve thousand) feet of 10-2 romex, plus just as much of 10-3 romex, and we could not use an inch of it.

Inspite of the challenges, (And creative interpretations of the 2008 NEC plus red-lining various conductor capacities) We managed to get the facility up and running before Christmas. Something that became an instant morale booster. Especially since the old facility was little more than a hut where food was dished out, if that stuff could be called food at all.

Comment

Working...
    X