Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freedom of Speach?

Originally posted by n8secstangg View Post
    is this an open forum or is it run by Forum Nazis?
    Mark is more than fair. I was over the line a couple of times and got spanked,as I should have.
    And thanks Brother, for dumping the crazys !!! HE HE
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Mark is more than fair. I was over the line a couple of times and got spanked,as I should have.
      And thanks Brother, for dumping the crazys !!! HE HE
      You were spanked by Mark tell us more

Tony

Comment

My new grandson was born yesterday,he is my youngest duaghter's first child.I hope I'm around long enough to teach him all the important things in life,mainly respect for himself and others.That is the thing that seems to be missing today,my grandsons won't be the ones with their pants around their knees.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          Your only upset with one of your local authorised Ridgid service centres well come to where I live in Australia as there is only ONE authorised Ridgid service centre and guess what its everyone for themselves

Tony
          Now thats what I'm talking about.........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Mark, what a cool guy. He is one of the fairest moderators I have come across. if you need a smack and you know you deserve it then what is the problem. Now Tony, are you really suggesting that we are being discriminated against down-under because our mates here get good service and we get Chris and the clown crew????????????
          BTW my mate with the battery, still waiting to hear the result but I bet it is not good. So is this discrimination??????????????
          Oh and just for good measure, Ridgid would survive without Chris. maybe they could put his wages towards better public relations and supporting the real good guys who support them. Bring on the Round-up Down-under

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill View Post
            My new grandson was born yesterday,he is my youngest duaghter's first child.I hope I'm around long enough to teach him all the important things in life,mainly respect for himself and others.That is the thing that seems to be missing today,my grandsons won't be the ones with their pants around their knees.
            Congrats! Eat healthy, exercise and have plenty of patience. Trying to reprogram values, manners and good behavior into a young person who is under the influence of their friends and tv is very difficult and a constant job. Stay strong. Frank

Comment

teach him to be disrespectful and a thug........... he will rebel and be just the oppisite. lol just teasin.
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                You were spanked by Mark tell us more

Tony

I rarely use this emoticon (even suggested one time that we eliminate it) but it fits this time.

---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

...my grandsons won't be the ones with their pants around their knees.

If there is one thing that parents can do for the future of our society it is just that.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Mark is there any one else that could help you moderator the site that is on every day and can also do a good job
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Thanks for all of the kind words. In theory, there are 15-moderators on the site. In reality, I am the only one who tries to spend time on the site daily. I don't mind it because this is a great site with great people. I have moderated many sites in the last 10+ years including a pretty tough at times motorcycle forum. I have always felt less is better when it comes to moderating. Everyone here does a relatively good job of self-policing and those who don't are shown the door. In addition, I have several members who contact me at home or by cell when something is going on that I've missed. The only problem I have had lately is with the new SPAM software. I believe it is set a little too sensitive but if the alternative is what we had before I'll stick with this.

Mark
                      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-31-2011, 10:12 PM.
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        I have moderated many sites in the last 10+ years including a pretty tough at times motorcycle forum.Mark
                        I belong to a Cigar forum, and the fights that happen there are really outrageous! A fight can start really quick over the taste of a damn Cigar!

One would think it would be worse here, or any contractors forum...not the case at all.

Comment

Why is a forum user moderating other forum user's posts? Why isnt this being done by an employee of Rigid, as its their forum? Or are you an employee of Rigid, if so maybe you should identify yourself as such?
                          Additionally I have made 3-4 other posts none of which have shown up.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_Davis View Post
                            Why is a forum user moderating other forum user's posts? Why isnt this being done by an employee of Rigid, as its their forum? Or are you an employee of Rigid, if so maybe you should identify yourself as such?
                            Additionally I have made 3-4 other posts none of which have shown up.
                            I am a member of the forum who was asked to help moderate the forum. I am not nor have I ever been an employee of Ridge Tools.

I checked your posts, all of your posts have posted with the exception of one post which you deleted. I could not find a single post of yours which was moderated. If you are having problems posting please send me a PM and I will try to help you.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                              Right.
                              Censorship on a privately owned forum is on par with the extermination of six million innocents.
                              I call Godwin's, you lose.

See:
                              Urban Dictionary: godwin's law

That is an awesome link

n8secstangg it could be your name that caused the spam filter to flag you, with the number in the middle it is more likely to be randomly generated which a spam bot would do. Either way, your post are visible now and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X