Arms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arms

Please tell me your not going to arm the Arabs against Iran dosen`t your governments ever learn

Tony

Re: Arms

Originally posted by AFM View Post
    Please tell me your not going to arm the Arabs against Iran dosen`t your governments ever learn

Tony
    Are you new? no, they have short memories, and they NEVER learn from the past.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Such is the way of politics. I used to joke that we are so narrow-minded and short-sighted that if this was the 1930's, we'd happily arm Nazi Germany in our attempt to stop Communism! (But of course that only showed my lack of historical knowledge... because we DID do that!)

And, we have already armed Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries and have been steadily doing so for several decades now. (We were a major supplier to Saddam Hussien and also the the Muja Haddien (sp?) in Afganistan. (The former in their fight against Iran and the latter in their fight against the occupational Soviets.)

I hope you really weren't surprised by any of this... after all, we are the #1 supplier of arms to the Mexican Drug cartels, and just about anyone who has the money to make our "freedom of arms" profitable. The U.S. is one of the top exporters and suppliers of weaponry on the planet, and historically, we are not that choosey in who we sell those weapons too.

CWS

Comment

And just to prove it, we will probably end up facing off with them over the Strait of Hormuz.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

it does not surprise me,
          but I did have to take a double take on it, and see if what I was reading was correct,
          so many of the decisions the US Government makes makes your head spin,

my guess is if we do not supply them the Russians will,
          so you "buy" there friendship/cooperation, by selling them what they want.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
          X