X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody's gonna need a new truck

Not trying to start a Ford vs Chevy thing here. I just thought this was funny.

adams ford vs coopers chevy - YouTube
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Somebody's gonna need a new truck

i have a Ford
    i think the ford had better tires and thats why he won
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

It looks some one forgot to bolt on the rear springs, like they should have been and the fame looked a little tweaked as well,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

1970s My brother owned a tire shop on the cape, We did this all the time. Good Memories, now We're two old Men. Have fun Young Men
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          It looks some one forgot to bolt on the rear springs, like they should have been and the fame looked a little tweaked as well,
          I tried to tell Waldo "Are You sure You want to use that 1/4" allthread on those big spring hangers ??????? "
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Those were some heavily modified trucks. I agree with some folks who posted no way of telling what engines, differentials and so forth. Not really a ford/chevy competition. Now Put my 99 explorer back to back with a tahoe and let's see who wins! I get ten miles to a gallon on a good day so we would have to get'r done fast before I run out of gas.

Comment

The Chevy never got his tires spinning. I'm guessing poor choice on tire/gear combo as well as everything else.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Brother and I found 1st off clutch wins! We cheated all the time . Had a new 72 f-250
                big tires,plowed snow each winter,ran cape cod beaches summer , Sandy neck.
                I remember towing My cousin in his Chevy backwards about 40M.P.H. on a gravel road.
                Poor Jeff, brother and I loved to abuse Him!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Brother and I found 1st off clutch wins! We cheated all the time . Had a new 72 f-250
                  big tires,plowed snow each winter,ran cape cod beaches summer , Sandy neck.
                  I remember towing My cousin in his Chevy backwards about 40M.P.H. on a gravel road.
                  Poor Jeff, brother and I loved to abuse Him!

I think you are right Tool. Once you break their traction and get them sliding, you don't want to lose it you gotta keep on it and not them get a bite.
                  I think that Chevy frame must have been modified in some way that caused it to bend or it was purposely done just for the video. the Chevy bent up like a pretzel in a couple seconds, doesn't seem possible without some 'help'. A little torch work here and there and that's all she wrote.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I just played it again,slow, and saw the frame bend up ! Never ever ,weld across a frame ! It,s like " TEAR ON THE DOTTED LINE ! "

Comment

Umm..any Chevy owners care to chime in?

Comment

Working...
                      X