No announcement yet.

6800 watt generator

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6800 watt generator

I have the 6800 ridgid generator. Is it possible to install an electric start on it???

Re: 6800 watt generator

Not unless you're a machinist. Or a masochist. Or both. The engine crankcase isn't machined to accept a starter motor and the flywheel doesn't have a ring gear.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Re: 6800 watt generator

at one time they sold a starter/generator for small motors that would run off a pulley, I have on on a old Kohler engine
      (one would have to attach a pulley to the fly wheel), one source my guess is there not cheap Starter-Generators, Small Engine,

At one time Briggs sold a unit called "spin start" that used a cone that attached to the fly wheel nut, or replaced it and then the drill was chucked with a rubber cone that matched but one would press the drill into the revers cone and start the motor with a drill, (I do not know if a 18 volt cordless would do it or not), I do not think it is being sold any more,

another discussion on a different board, Electric drill kit. - - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.