X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6800 watt generator

I have the 6800 ridgid generator. Is it possible to install an electric start on it???
    Thanks

Re: 6800 watt generator

Not unless you're a machinist. Or a masochist. Or both. The engine crankcase isn't machined to accept a starter motor and the flywheel doesn't have a ring gear.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Re: 6800 watt generator

at one time they sold a starter/generator for small motors that would run off a pulley, I have on on a old Kohler engine
      (one would have to attach a pulley to the fly wheel), one source my guess is there not cheap Starter-Generators, Small Engine,

At one time Briggs sold a unit called "spin start" that used a cone that attached to the fly wheel nut, or replaced it and then the drill was chucked with a rubber cone that matched but one would press the drill into the revers cone and start the motor with a drill, (I do not know if a 18 volt cordless would do it or not),
      http://www.amazon.com/System-Lawn-Bo.../dp/B0002H33YG I do not think it is being sold any more,

another discussion on a different board, Electric drill kit. - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X