Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guns

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Gun show at the Raddison in Manchester this weekend
    If you're going, what are you going to buy?

Comment

My oldest son carries a .45 for work but has a 30mm chain gun and a couple of missiles available to him. My middle son carried a 40 for work when he was an LEO. My youngest carries a 9mm for work. My girls don't carry for work but my oldest daughter enjoys sport shooting. All of my boys took their hunter safety course when they were 12-years old and all of them use to work at the range during competition.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        My oldest son carries a .45 for work but has a 30mm chain gun and a couple of missiles available to him. My middle son carried a 40 for work when he was an LEO. My youngest carries a 9mm for work. My girls don't carry for work but my oldest daughter enjoys sport shooting. All of my boys took their hunter safety course when they were 12-years old and all of them use to work at the range during competition.

Mark
        Heh, I'm required to carry a 9mm on my right side, which isn't too bad, but add on a tool belt on my left, it gets pretty akward for someone that is right handed and trying to work. The good news is that I seldom have to carry my M-4, though in some places I kinda wish I did. Being stuck in a convoy that was forced to stop for almost two hours leaves a warm fuzzy feeling.

Comment

I'd like to pick up an M14 in good shape and I'm always on the prowl for Colt single action 45's and colt 1911's but the price of both is climbing ever higher.
          sigpic

Comment

Last year Iowa became a Shall issue instead of a May issue state. that has increased gun sales, mostly hand guns in my area over years past.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              I'd like to pick up an M14 in good shape and I'm always on the prowl for Colt single action 45's and colt 1911's but the price of both is climbing ever higher.
              My father has an M-14...his favorite gun because he carried it in Vietnam.

Comment

Well, no M14's at a price I was willing to pay so I picked up an AK and an SK. Both for less money than an M14 would have been.

Prepare....the golden hoard is coming. Stock up on beans rice and ammo
                sigpic

Comment

Im new to this forum so, Hello- I saw the ' guns' tag and came over. I lived for years in NH- nice state. Here in FLA I have carried CCW for years and wont leave home without it. We have some great clubs and ranges, all over the state and most will welcome visitors( most) My carry is a Glock M36 compact light and with the rite load. I was in the a/c business for years and just recently retired. Enough out of me, just wanted to say Hello

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                    When my son was about 8 y/o we went to a show and tell at a local gun range. All the big names were there, and for a buck a round you could shoot any thing they made in the larger calibers. 22's were 10 for $1.

Well he bee lined to the S&W booth where a salesman proudly displayed his wares. A salesman began his spiel with a .22 revolver, emphasizing gun safety over everything else. When he concluded, he asked my little guy what he wanted to shoot. Reaching in his pocket he pulled out 6 wrinkled dollar bills and said the Model 29. Somewhat surprised, the salesman looked to me wanting to know if it was ok. To which I agreed. My little guy, was a lot bigger than most kids his age, and I figured he could handle the weight and recoil, if only for 1 shot.

So they head to the firing line which had a row of ceramic plates, at 25' and tea cups at 35'. There he was shown how to B R A S S. After a couple of dry fires, the instructor loaded him up. Told him to shoot for the plates. 5/6 on his first time ever with a hand gun. Impressed, the salesman reloaded and the kid hit 6/6 of the tea cups.
                    The trip ended after my son had fired every weapon S&W had at the show. I thought I'd go broke paying for all his ammo, but the S&W Regional Sales Manager returned his money and said it was "on them".

After we returned home, the kid poured over all the literature S&W had provided. Then without any coaching from us wrote a letter of thanks to the President of S&W, mentioning the names of the two reps at the show. Two weeks later, he gets a package from the President loaded with S&W logo-ed apparel. Caps, jackets, decals, pens, etc., plus a S&W handcuff tie tack.

Long story short, his first hand gun when he turned 18 was a S&W .44cal Dirty Harry Model 29.
                    That's pretty bad ***... I wish I could have gotten a gun like that when I turned 18.

Comment

Working...
                    X