Take Heed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Heed

I hope some of the younger guys on the Forum take a mintue to read this thread and consider the impact it might have on their lives. Throughout my employment I had many opportunities to save more money, but I chose to do otherwise. I was not a gambler, party person, or outright wasteful, but the point is that I could have and should have saved more. Yesterday my wife asked me if I could go back in time and get the advice of a financial advisor would I have done so? I told her that knowing how stubborn I was back then, I probably would not have listened. Please, if you are still working, under fifty, married, with a family or single, consider the advice of an expert. Even if you don't want to talk to a financial expert, start planning for retirement this minute by contributing to some sort of long term savings.

If anyone is still reading, I have one more area of concern which might be of help down the road of life. Like many of you I worked a physically punishing job, pulling and lifting heavy objects, swinging a sledge hammer and working in awkward positions. I gained weight over the years and even though I exercised throughout my life, it was not enough. Today between my bad back, knees, and other health issues, I have a lot of bad days. Working hard is not enough to stay healthy as we age. I wish you younger guys could take a glimpse into your future so you would take your health seriously. Keep your weight down, and exercise. I know you come home dragging most days, but instead of sitting on the couch, try to get in some structured exercise a few times a week.

I'm doing what I can to help myself, (diet and exercise) but it's so much easier to just stay healthy in the first place. No time like the present to start, so plan on eating more healthy meals, and join a gym if necessary. The SuperBowl is over, now have a Super Life.

Re: Take Heed

Those are some very good suggestions you listed there Frankiarmz.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Those are some very good suggestions you listed there Frankiarmz.
      Thanks Dave. I actually got wiser as I got older and helped a few of the younger guys on the job to look ahead and take advantage of our generous savings plan. That was a good twenty years ago and now I know that at least two of them did very well. My folks never had much money and although I worked with some great guys, they were not money folks either. We can only hope that each new generation can do a little better. Frank

Comment

The only thing I can add is if you talk to a financial expert, make sure his name isn't Bernie.

Comment

Don`t go near a financial adviser you would have better luck asking your dog where to invest your monies I wished I had asked my dog put your monies in a good bank in cash term deposits for many years to come as we in the world havent` seen nothing yet

Tony

Comment

Working...
          X