X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California - DMV Fees

So my 1-ton cutaway is up for renewal at the end of March. I open the fee section and see my new fees jumped to $2,224 per year and if not paid by the end of April it goes up to $3,555. I noticed they are charging $6 for a CTIP/CVRA Decal Fee which makes no sense as my truck is under 10,000 pounds and doesn't need one. Then I noticed a $2,064 CVRA Fee .

When I first glanced at the weight I saw 8,000 pounds which is a little light as my truck is just under 10,000 pounds. I figured Jerry Brown must have lowered the CVRA ratings to help pay for his "High Speed Rail to Nowhere". Then I noticed, they show my 1-ton truck as weighing 80,000 pounds. I know this will get straighten out but what a pain. How does a vehicle increase over 800% in weight in one year and no one notices it?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: California - DMV Fees

I can answer that question.
    Whenever dealing with any government body or official, just remember, the system only works when it works against you. An addition, whenever such body or official is asked to do their jobs, the response is always the same, "It's really, REALLY hard!"

As for communication, unless such communication came from above, then communication is nonexistent between offices or from those below. Look no further than seeing an error corrected to prove this. Plus one last thing, such officials only process their services at the moment is it initiated, it takes too damn long to verify today's work with yesterdays, which leaves a great vulnerability to error in the first place.

The rub comes when there is an error, it is far easier for them to blame YOU, the client for a mistake, than to admit it themselves, thus give chance to saving themselves from the work. This is due to the fact that since you are accusing them of error, the burden of proof is on you to prove your case. It's amazing how much trouble a simple typo can cause isn't it?

Comment

A truck that weighs 80,000 unladen is something you cannot even let get wet from rain or even sit in, it will make you overweight and subject to a huge ticket! Mistakes do happen, my friends '05 Dodge 3/4ton 4x4 costs him $70 a year because of a DMV snafu when he imported the truck out of state...
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

mark how about my brand new jetter they want me to bring in for a vin inspection. us jetting says they have never seen that before.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          mark how about my brand new jetter they want me to bring in for a vin inspection. us jetting says they have never seen that before.

rick.
          I would love to help you but you won't even take the time to send it to my son, the VIN officer to help you.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Seriously! Did you expect anything less from Sacremento,

Comment

$34 to put a car on non-op. last year it was $18. I hate to see what my other rigs jump too.
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
              X