Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The worlds biggest Drag Race, & the US GOVT, every day another Nanny Rule! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worlds biggest Drag Race, & the US GOVT, every day another Nanny Rule!

OK, so here is a project that Motor Trend did back in Sept, 2011 at the El Toro Air Station, Sept, 2011 (the base was closed 1999) . Couple miles from our office. I thought some of you would get a kick out of the race.

So why did I post this:

1. It was pretty cool video with some great aerial photography done with a remote control helicopter using a High Def Camera. You can see it in a few scenes. Which brings me to point number 2.

2. In Dec. 2011 the FAA banned the use of all remote controlled unmanned air vehicles, planes, helicopters, balloons, etc... which are used for the use of commercial photography within all U.S. air space. The ban stays in effect until sometime in 2013 when they come up with the licensing and fee requirements they want people to pay to provide such services.

In one ruling they put entire industries out of business, including the manufactures of these systems.

The only way I found out about this is because the LAPD, Los Angeles PD, just sent out a notice to all Calif. Realtors thru the Calif. Assc. of Realtors that hiring anyone that does this type of photography is illegal under FAA laws, and even if you could do it, in LA they require you to get filming permits. For example if you wanted some aerial photos of a house you were planning on selling, or a lot, or some acreage etc... I got curious when I read the notice and did a little Googling. Sure enough it is all true and legit companies that do this type of photography are all saying "WTF"

Seriously when are people going to band together and say enough is enough.
    Last edited by Watersurgeon; 01-24-2012, 08:10 PM.

Re: The worlds biggest Drag Race, & the US GOVT, every day another Nanny Rule!

Same old crap !! cant kill a rat , now they want to tell us what to do with the air space above are house
    I say .. wont tell dont ask

Comment

I was buying our washer and dryer(speed queen's) today at a local mom & pop appliance store. I wanted the speed queen's for many reasons, but the main thing was I wanted a top loader, AND I could adjust the amount of water this washer gets if need be through the back panel. Well while I was in there today, I over heard the owners and a few customers complaining about the federal government and their water regulations. What I didn't know was that phosphates have been banned in our products due to it creates more algae in our water ways and fish are dying? wtf? I got a kick out of this one lady as she yelled "I'm sick and damn tired of the government telling us what to do!".

2015 might be the end of top loaders...so get them while you can boys and girls.

Comment

Who cares in Australia if you drive over the speed limit on any road you are find or loose your licence so I wouldn`t waste my money on any of those cars

Tony

Comment

Tradesmen build and repair things, beaurocrats need to justify their jobs with rules and regulations.
          There is a need for some rules and regulations or people would needlessly get hurt or killed, but things are out of control and getting worse. I've been watching some of the "Gold Rush" programs about a group of novice gold miners. These guys worked hard to establish their claim and learned by trial and error. The most recent program showed saftey inspectors from the U.S. dept of mining, showing up on their sites and closing them down for not conforming to safety regulations. One of the guys on the show said he's been operating his mine for 28 years without their help or interference. I think these inspectors showed up after watching the first season of the program and figured it was a opportunity to justify their jobs.

I think we need to back off some gov't rules and regulations to give businesses a chance. I'm not suggesting we start smoking around flammable liquids, just apply some common sense so our businesses can be somewhat competitive.

One last thought on the subject of our gov't protecting us, instead of hazard warnings on some tools and machines, how about requiring manufacturers to build them stronger and better? Protect our hard earned money so we don't spend it on products that break before the warning labels fade!

I searched for information about fading out top loaders and found this link which explains why manufacturers are taking the easy way out. Always comes down to money. http://energytaxincentives.org/builders/appliances.php
          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-24-2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I searched for information about fading out top loaders and found this link which explains why manufacturers are taking the easy way out. Always comes down to money. Tax Incentives Assistance Project: Builders & Manufacturers Tax Incentives
            The Federal government can take that tax incentive and shove it where the sun doesn't shine! That is nothing more than marketing ploy to get people to "conform" to what they "think" is best for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              The Federal government can take that tax incentive and shove it where the sun doesn't shine! That is nothing more than marketing ploy to get people to "conform" to what they "think" is best for us.
              Agreed! Beaurocrats don't understand how the real world works, so they pass these standards and laws which make some problems worse. Dirty clothes require warm to hot water and plenty of it in order to get them clean, the alterantive is to wash them more than once which adds to waste! I removed many of our inline water aerators because my wife and daughters said they couldn't get their hair cleaned and shampoo free. I could either give them the water pressure and volume they needed or let them waste more water running the shower longer. I think common sense has been taken out of the equation in many areas touched by the government. What do we really save at the end of the day by strict gov't gas mileage and pollution standards if they add to the cost of a vehicle, poison our gasoline with corrosive additives (ethanol) and end up costing us more down the road?

Comment

Give √* Nice Old 60's Chevy 2 stock over or even √* Old Apache 56 ish over any of those cars... Seanny th√© one i heard that made me laugh.." never did any research ? Guy in class told me". That golf courses have to water with clorinated water. Why i asked? He replied in case a drunk golfer drinks out of the sprinklers! I thought it was a bad joke but he reashered me it was true? Imigane how many potable gallons of water are wasted daily yet we have to install shower heads with a sixteenth of a inch flow restrictor? Seanny

Comment

Agreed! Beaurocrats don't understand how the real world works, so they pass these standards and laws which make some problems worse. Dirty clothes require warm to hot water and plenty of it in order to get them clean, the alterantive is to wash them more than once which adds to waste! I removed many of our inline water aerators because my wife and daughters said they couldn't get their hair cleaned and shampoo free. I could either give them the water pressure and volume they needed or let them waste more water running the shower longer. I think common sense has been taken out of the equation in many areas touched by the government. What do we really save at the end of the day by strict gov't gas mileage and pollution standards if they add to the cost of a vehicle, poison our gasoline with corrosive additives (ethanol) and end up costing us more down the road?
                  Stop making sense Frank...I don't like agreeing with you!

Comment

Dirty clothes require warm to hot water and plenty of it in order to get them clean, the alterantive is to wash them more than once which adds to waste!
                    Actually that's not entirely true. I won't go into all the studies and research that has been done on the subject. I can tell you hands down that you will not find a commercial laundry operation anywhere that uses a top loading system. They use front loaders or tunnel washers. The primary reason is that they utilize almost 2/3 less water then a conventional washing system.

When I got out of college in the early 80's I was hired as an area manager for Dubois Chemicals, a div of Chemed. Our territory had a substantial amount of commercial laundry operations. From Hotels to linen supply services. Every one of them uses front loaders. My div. V.P. actually had a commercial 35lb front loader laundry machine in his house. (A unit used in small motel operations) His wife loved the thing. Fully programmed with our chemical dispensing system.

Seven years ago we had to replace our over/under unit we had in our old house. I bought the top of the line Sears HE3t front loader washer and dryer. I compared our energy consumption, water bill and quality of clothing for one year. We saved around $400.00 the first year we bought the units. Gas consumption, water consumption and soap consumption. The quality of washing hands down was superior to any top loader we had owned before.

Comment

Working...
                    X