Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dog and Pony Show

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Well, since you asked... I understand that every action results in reactions, some of which are unpleasant but here goes. I would try to pass legislation that would limit personal debt such as on credit cards, maybe $5000. Sorry folks but you can't incur more debt and sorry money lenders you won't enable folks to end up with debt they can never pay back. Balance the budget massive cuts to gov't programs medicare, medicaid, social security, etc. No more healthcare to illegals, emergency care and send'em back home. Heartless and cruel, but more than what their homelands would do for Americans in their countries illegally! Secure the borders, enforce immigrations laws. Lift all bans on oil drilling. Limit imports and massive tarriffs. Mandatory jail time for CEO's who accept gov't money and do what solyndra did. Gov't incentives for American manufacturing, no tax money to buy foreign goods (solar panels. windmills, etc made in china). Gov't assisted suicide. Mandatory birth control for all men and women. A pregnant woman can only go to term if she can prove who the birth father is and they can show proof of financial responsibility. Lawsuit award limits. Strict laws regarding driving while impaired, one chance after which the offender is rendered physically incapable of driving. Death penalty for murder, rape, other violent crimes and all pedophiles, within one year of conviction.

I don't want to keep going and bore you, but you get the idea. You can think of me as a total azz, but so many things are broken, our economy, justice system, everything, that extreme measures are required. How many times can we allow people to repeatedly drive while impaired, commit violent crimes, incur debt that hurts all of us? How can a gov't fifteen trillion dollars in debt afford to keep overspending?
    Realistically, people will have to go without a lot of things and people will have to die because of irresponsibility and lack of foresight.
    Do you support the necessary drastic measures necessary to secure a stable future, or do you insist on staying the course? You cannot have it both ways. Just my opinions based on observations. No need to get upset because I'm not about to become king and no one in our gov't will do anything remotely similar to what I have suggested. Frank
    "I would try to pass legislation that would limit personal debt such as on credit cards, maybe $5000." few if any could own a home or a car, farm or run a business, if you limited Debt to a arbitrary number,

Balance the budget massive cuts to gov't programs Medicare, Medicaid, social security, etc
    the program is not the problem, the administration of it is, Americans have payed in 15% of there incomes for this GOVERNMENT INSURANCE, they the congress took the moneys and spent it on who know what, and now it is going broke, How about going ofter theses congress men who spent it and wring there necks until the coffers are refilled, how many people died before they can touch one dime of it?

Gov't assisted suicide.
    That is a can of worms you do not want to open, as yes at first it may be voluntary, but in time it most likely would be come mandatory, why spend thousands of dollars letting some one "live" (die) in a nursing home when you save all that money with a 25 cent shot in the arm, how knows may lets jsut set an age, what 70, why not, that is a biblical number.

Mandatory birth control for all men and women. A pregnant woman can only go to term if she can prove who the birth father is and they can show proof of financial responsibility. Lawsuit award limits.
    I would like to see more responsibility,
    But Murder is murder, regardless of how political correct it is,
    (and forced abortion, I am sure you would have loved to see one or more of of your kids aborted by some bureaucrats decision saying Frank has to many kids, or this region of the country has enough population.),

Strict laws regarding driving while impaired, one chance after which the offender is rendered physically incapable of driving.
    Agree with the strict laws, but now maiming some one for breaking a law, if they are rendered unable to drive, (I have seen some very disabled people capable of driving), how many do you want on the welfare rolls, (what cut off some ones hand when they steal some thing next),
    (I would suggest possible trying to change the culture towards impairment, the current culture has demonetized cigarettes, to the point where there banned in all most ever place but ones home, but items that impairer one have been allowed to flourish and be promoted by nearly all areas of life, as a good thing. I am not saying Prohibition but to not say it is OK to have a drink at dinner and then drive home).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    you said laws have consequences, I am pointing out some of the consequences, not necessarily disagreeing with the problems but I see some major dangers in the way you have suggested, and on some if you ever open the can of worms you will never get them back in the can,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

This country now has millions upon millions more voters become accustomed to living off our taxes do to the last four years.
      They need more money so they vote Obama.

Too many mooches

Won't last forever.Quicker after he wins.The money will run out and quality of life will continue to run down at this pace.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
        "I would try to pass legislation that would limit personal debt such as on credit cards, maybe $5000." few if any could own a home or a car, farm or run a business, if you limited Debt to a arbitrary number,

Balance the budget massive cuts to gov't programs Medicare, Medicaid, social security, etc
        the program is not the problem, the administration of it is, Americans have payed in 15% of there incomes for this GOVERNMENT INSURANCE, they the congress took the moneys and spent it on who know what, and now it is going broke, How about going ofter theses congress men who spent it and wring there necks until the coffers are refilled, how many people died before they can touch one dime of it?

Gov't assisted suicide.
        That is a can of worms you do not want to open, as yes at first it may be voluntary, but in time it most likely would be come mandatory, why spend thousands of dollars letting some one "live" (die) in a nursing home when you save all that money with a 25 cent shot in the arm, how knows may lets jsut set an age, what 70, why not, that is a biblical number.

Mandatory birth control for all men and women. A pregnant woman can only go to term if she can prove who the birth father is and they can show proof of financial responsibility. Lawsuit award limits.
        I would like to see more responsibility,
        But Murder is murder, regardless of how political correct it is,
        (and forced abortion, I am sure you would have loved to see one or more of of your kids aborted by some bureaucrats decision saying Frank has to many kids, or this region of the country has enough population.),

Strict laws regarding driving while impaired, one chance after which the offender is rendered physically incapable of driving.
        Agree with the strict laws, but now maiming some one for breaking a law, if they are rendered unable to drive, (I have seen some very disabled people capable of driving), how many do you want on the welfare rolls, (what cut off some ones hand when they steal some thing next),
        (I would suggest possible trying to change the culture towards impairment, the current culture has demonetized cigarettes, to the point where there banned in all most ever place but ones home, but items that impairer one have been allowed to flourish and be promoted by nearly all areas of life, as a good thing. I am not saying Prohibition but to not say it is OK to have a drink at dinner and then drive home).
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        you said laws have consequences, I am pointing out some of the consequences, not necessarily disagreeing with the problems but I see some major dangers in the way you have suggested, and on some if you ever open the can of worms you will never get them back in the can,
        You are absolutely right about the cans of worms such laws would open, but what's the alternative? There was a time in this country when you had to save or borrow from friends and family if you needed a down payment for a house. You bought things on layaway, saved up or did without. Guilty people used to get convicted and sent to jail or put to death for horrific crimes, now the legal system is so messed up justice is rarely served and never swift. I still think it takes a man and woman to make a baby, unless the woman goes to a sperm bank. Why shouldn't the taxpayers through the government have a say in the process if we have to pay the bill? Mandatory birth control, national genetic registry so we could find the father and mandatory vasectomies for repeat offenders would certainly reduce abortions. I just don't see us surviving at this rate. Yes, my thinking aloud is over the top and impractical to a lot of folks but just look at where we are right now and all our problems. How do we get the legislators to work in our best interest? How do we undo the last forty or so years of business and job loss, mounting debt and politicians who do nothing to help the problems? I'm frustrated, so my thoughts are desperate. I'm open to alternative solutions, anyone?

Comment

Frank, if I was younger and single, I'd sign up for the Mars mission and get the hell off this rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            You are absolutely right about the cans of worms such laws would open, but what's the alternative? There was a time in this country when you had to save or borrow from friends and family if you needed a down payment for a house. You bought things on layaway, saved up or did without. Guilty people used to get convicted and sent to jail or put to death for horrific crimes, now the legal system is so messed up justice is rarely served and never swift. I still think it takes a man and woman to make a baby, unless the woman goes to a sperm bank. Why shouldn't the taxpayers through the government have a say in the process if we have to pay the bill? Mandatory birth control, national genetic registry so we could find the father and mandatory vasectomies for repeat offenders would certainly reduce abortions. I just don't see us surviving at this rate. Yes, my thinking aloud is over the top and impractical to a lot of folks but just look at where we are right now and all our problems. How do we get the legislators to work in our best interest? How do we undo the last forty or so years of business and job loss, mounting debt and politicians who do nothing to help the problems? I'm frustrated, so my thoughts are desperate. I'm open to alternative solutions, anyone?
            on the criminal action, why take serious the petty crime stuff instead of slaps on the wrist, why not enforce the laws? that are on the books.
            more laws do not make some one safer, as those who break the law do not care), If murder penalty was feared, then one would not need or and having gun laws do not make any one safer,
            you can pass hundreds of laws and all one does is make nearly ever one a law breaker,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you may disagree with me on this thought, but since GOD has been removed from the schools the society the country has not benefited,
            This country currently as a people few have respect for another's property, lives or any thing else, when there was "more respect for GOD" there was more respect for others,
            when I was a young adult there were blue light laws that limited commerce on Sunday, schools did not schedule things on Sunday or Wednesday evenings, now days one can not find a open day with out competing with ever other group on any day of the week, or week ends.
            you can not celebrate murder of the unborn, and call it moral,
            I am not saying one can legislate morality, and I am not saying one should try,
            but with out some type of moral compass in ones life you have chaos, you live just like the animals, just for self,
            At one time the family, church and charity took care of the "poor" and destitute, then the government came in and said that is not good enough and took over the job, and in many instances kicked the Churches out of the job in general, was the church doing a perfect job, NO, but it appears the governments job is not any better, as the problems that come from it have caused more social problems,
            At one time not that long ago, one did not need locks on there doors or to take the keys out of the cars, why there was respect for others and there properties, and some fear of the laws of the land,
            (I have read on this board about some places in the country that one can not even turn there back on a tool or is stolen),
            (what took us from not having to lock the truck or van up, to not even being able to put the tool on the ground with out it being stolen? not enough laws?)

basically if one looks at the 10 commandments it basically covers most of human behavior,

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
            1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
            2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
            3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
            4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
            5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
            6 “You shall not murder.
            7 “You shall not commit adultery.
            8 “You shall not steal.
            9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
            10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
            the first 4 talk about our dealings with GOD,
            the last 6 talk about our dealing with man,

but when a person or nation says there is no GOD, how does one have any thing but chaos,
            as the Government tries to legislate these things and the do not come from the heart of man,

leasts just look at the last ones, since they deal with our relationships with each other.

"5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. "
            does this not tell us how to deal with the elderly in this country, besides our own family,

"6 “You shall not murder."
            With this one you can nearly eliminate all the laws on the books about crime and guns, and dealing with others and there life, MY guess is to Mame or hurt some one would easly follow under this as well,

"7 “You shall not commit adultery."
            Biblical sex out side of marriage is adultery, that would take care of most of unwed mothers, there is no public or social pressures of single mothers or pressures for marriage today. live like animals.

"9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."
            YOU should not LIE, it would go a long way with dealings and how people deal with each other in business and life, the wold would be a much better place,

"10 “You shall not covet"
            If people would follow this one this would go a long way in solving the problems of the world, I want your money, I want your house, I want you wife, I want your car, I want what I have not worked for, I want what is yours, I want. I want. I want,

and I am guessing if we would apply the first ones (toward GOD), well our earthly relationships would be much better, was well,

now I know many will say this is not an answer either, but we will never be able to legislate the behavior of people who do not care about if they are law abiding,

one more thing on abortions, they mainly started in the 1970's with Roe Vs, Wade,
            estimated 54,559,615 abortions since Roe v. Wade Shock: estimated 54,559,615 abortions since Roe v. Wade | LifeSiteNews.com
            over 54.5 million Americans have died, now if they would have been born and paying into the systems where would social security and the other "so called entitlement" programs be today,

Social Security and Abortion | The Scholars Corner
            If we had not aborted 40 million children since 1973, there would be no problem with the Social Security system. We'd have more than 25 million more people paying into Social Security with workers coming online each year. There would probably be less problems with the economy as well.
            origional writen in 2003 so the diffrnence of numbers, of aborted children,
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
              on the criminal action, why take serious the petty crime stuff instead of slaps on the wrist, why not enforce the laws? that are on the books.
              more laws do not make some one safer, as those who break the law do not care), If murder penalty was feared, then one would not need or and having gun laws do not make any one safer,
              you can pass hundreds of laws and all one does is make nearly ever one a law breaker,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you may disagree with me on this thought, but since GOD has been removed from the schools the society the country has not benefited,
              This country currently as a people few have respect for another's property, lives or any thing else, when there was "more respect for GOD" there was more respect for others,
              when I was a young adult there were blue light laws that limited commerce on Sunday, schools did not schedule things on Sunday or Wednesday evenings, now days one can not find a open day with out competing with ever other group on any day of the week, or week ends.
              you can not celebrate murder of the unborn, and call it moral,
              I am not saying one can legislate morality, and I am not saying one should try,
              but with out some type of moral compass in ones life you have chaos, you live just like the animals, just for self,
              At one time the family, church and charity took care of the "poor" and destitute, then the government came in and said that is not good enough and took over the job, and in many instances kicked the Churches out of the job in general, was the church doing a perfect job, NO, but it appears the governments job is not any better, as the problems that come from it have caused more social problems,
              At one time not that long ago, one did not need locks on there doors or to take the keys out of the cars, why there was respect for others and there properties, and some fear of the laws of the land,
              (I have read on this board about some places in the country that one can not even turn there back on a tool or is stolen),
              (what took us from not having to lock the truck or van up, to not even being able to put the tool on the ground with out it being stolen? not enough laws?)

basically if one looks at the 10 commandments it basically covers most of human behavior,

the first 4 talk about our dealings with GOD,
              the last 6 talk about our dealing with man,

but when a person or nation says there is no GOD, how does one have any thing but chaos,
              as the Government tries to legislate these things and the do not come from the heart of man,

leasts just look at the last ones, since they deal with our relationships with each other.

"5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. "
              does this not tell us how to deal with the elderly in this country, besides our own family,

"6 “You shall not murder."
              With this one you can nearly eliminate all the laws on the books about crime and guns, and dealing with others and there life, MY guess is to Mame or hurt some one would easly follow under this as well,

"7 “You shall not commit adultery."
              Biblical sex out side of marriage is adultery, that would take care of most of unwed mothers, there is no public or social pressures of single mothers or pressures for marriage today. live like animals.

"9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."
              YOU should not LIE, it would go a long way with dealings and how people deal with each other in business and life, the wold would be a much better place,

"10 “You shall not covet"
              If people would follow this one this would go a long way in solving the problems of the world, I want your money, I want your house, I want you wife, I want your car, I want what I have not worked for, I want what is yours, I want. I want. I want,

and I am guessing if we would apply the first ones (toward GOD), well our earthly relationships would be much better, was well,

now I know many will say this is not an answer either, but we will never be able to legislate the behavior of people who do not care about if they are law abiding,

one more thing on abortions, they mainly started in the 1970's with Roe Vs, Wade,
              over 54.5 million Americans have died, now if they would have been born and paying into the systems where would social security and the other "so called entitlement" programs be today,

origional writen in 2003 so the diffrnence of numbers, of aborted children,
              I don't know how they would have to go about either enforcing the laws on the books without plea bargains, or passing new ones to get rid of the loop holes, but there's a problem with crime and punishment.

I agree that there is a overwhelming lack of respect in our society. Whenever the old days were, parents and teachers and random adults could step in and swat a kid who was being disrespectful. The old days are gone and so is adult authority and respect for adults and property.

I am against the rewriting of our history to exclude references to Christianity. I'm against public displays of faith on public property, but other religions have grown strong and allowing "God" in schools would open another can of worms. The Muslim community is growing every day and I'd hate to see the open exercise of that faith in our schools.

On the abortion issue, no argument that it is the taking of a life, but I will justify it if the adults responsible make it clear they want no part of it and if we as a society refuse to step up and force birth control and parental responsibility. I consider the unwanted, unborn forced into a life of abuse better off dying before being born. God may not forgive me for my thoughts, but if we force unwanted births and do nothing to either prevent such pregnancies, or ensure the safety, health and welfare of such pregnancies taken to term, then we share in the horror they must endure. Unfortunately life is often not precious at all. There is a world of difference between the loving, responsible couple who struggle to conceive and are committed to putting the needs of their child before their own, and the single mother, addicted to drugs, abandoned by the man who got her pregnant. I still would endorse gov't assisted suicide. We have very sick people in pain with no hope of recovery. We must learn how to let go and die, instead of using such extreme and costly medical alternatives.
              I lost an infant daughter to a fatal genetic disease almost twenty years ago. I could not end her suffering at my own hands, but I was able to prevent medical intervention that would have prolonged her pain. My father died of age related leukemia, and it was a long, slow, cruel way to go. I know people with strong religious beliefs cannot imagine what I'm suggesting, but those are just my thoughts.

Comment

As far as having the right to die I think there should be a place so one can legally die with out holding others responsible for the action, (my mother is in the nursing home she is doing well, but there are so many that are in there that nearly beg to let them die, but the establishment will not let them), even tho a few years ago they would not have lived as medical science had not progress far enough to keep them going,
                but to keep some one alive at nearly any cost is not right either, I will agree with you there.

I may just be objecting to the title your using "Government assisted suicide", but the problem is when the government starts making the decision that some one needs to go, and that they (government) has the right to decide who lives and who dies.

I think in a general sense were in many areas not that far apart, but have different Ideas on how to achieve the objective,

one of the problems is at some time a can of worms was opened, and in the desire to treat people kind and to give them a chance, they took advantage of the system and it has turned in the mess we have to day that you have described earlier,
                Last edited by BHD; 01-26-2012, 11:21 PM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X