X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog and Pony Show

Why do I not feel any better after listening to President Obama's state of the union address tonight?
    Well, I didn't watch the whole thing, matter of fact I turned it off after several standing ovations.
    I got the distinct feeling that although speaker of the house John Boehner applauded several times, he would have gladly cracked the President across the head if he had a shovel handy.
    Tonight was just another example of how we are no closer to legislators that truly represent the good of the people. Grand speeches without action are worthless. Individual political agendas that do not include spending cuts, a balanced budget, tax reform, border security, jobs and everything else we here have been talking about, means we are on the same doomed course.

The President talked about leveling the playing field by penalizing businesses that outsourced jobs and rewarding businesses that grew jobs here, but that' not enough. He spoke of complaints to and against china, but that's not enough! Do all those things and rein in the EPA and OSHA, if you want to give us a fighting chance. Years ago I used to think one of the worse things in the USA was pollution. I was outraged at the thought of our environment and wildlife being endangered by industrial waste. I'm still concerned about such things, but I am more disturbed that the USA may not survive economically. We have made great strides in saving certain endangered species. The bald eagle is doing well, but the same cannot be said about the most endangered species in the USA today. If you would like to see that endangered species, look in the mirror! Frank

Re: Dog and Pony Show

Yes I can see Obama winning another four years as the republicans with Romney who pays bugger all taxes and I hear the richest person to stand for the presidency and of cause he really knows and feels for the working class and Gingrich the bumbling ex speaker and not mention 76 year old Ron Paul the three stoogers are going to go nowhere near the white house unless someone we haven`t seen yet comes forward the Republicans are going to be out in the cold for another four years just an observation from afar.

Tony

Comment

What are you talking about.
      Our government subsidized illegals are BOOMING.New trucks,Five kids,getting ready to buy another house with one of their anchor babies citizenship.
      All for a couple of bucks less than what you make.
      Government pays him(His house residents income that supports him) to put you out of a job.

Wait till the economy gets moving,then you are really going to be left in the dust choking.

My buddies(who I respect) are telling I'm going down.I believe them.

Comment

Don't worry Frank! After we all die, they'll make sure we can still vote for a Democrat. Then all of our problems will be solved and they'll send us a check in the mail!... I'm sure someone will be there to cash it.

Comment

Well Frank.... IF you were KING what exactly would you do?

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
            Well Frank.... IF you were KING what exactly would you do?

CWS
            Well, since you asked... I understand that every action results in reactions, some of which are unpleasant but here goes. I would try to pass legislation that would limit personal debt such as on credit cards, maybe $5000. Sorry folks but you can't incur more debt and sorry money lenders you won't enable folks to end up with debt they can never pay back. Balance the budget massive cuts to gov't programs medicare, medicaid, social security, etc. No more healthcare to illegals, emergency care and send'em back home. Heartless and cruel, but more than what their homelands would do for Americans in their countries illegally! Secure the borders, enforce immigrations laws. Lift all bans on oil drilling. Limit imports and massive tarriffs. Mandatory jail time for CEO's who accept gov't money and do what solyndra did. Gov't incentives for American manufacturing, no tax money to buy foreign goods (solar panels. windmills, etc made in china). Gov't assisted suicide. Mandatory birth control for all men and women. A pregnant woman can only go to term if she can prove who the birth father is and they can show proof of financial responsibility. Lawsuit award limits. Strict laws regarding driving while impaired, one chance after which the offender is rendered physically incapable of driving. Death penalty for murder, rape, other violent crimes and all pedophiles, within one year of conviction.

I don't want to keep going and bore you, but you get the idea. You can think of me as a total azz, but so many things are broken, our economy, justice system, everything, that extreme measures are required. How many times can we allow people to repeatedly drive while impaired, commit violent crimes, incur debt that hurts all of us? How can a gov't fifteen trillion dollars in debt afford to keep overspending?
            Realistically, people will have to go without a lot of things and people will have to die because of irresponsibility and lack of foresight.
            Do you support the necessary drastic measures necessary to secure a stable future, or do you insist on staying the course? You cannot have it both ways. Just my opinions based on observations. No need to get upset because I'm not about to become king and no one in our gov't will do anything remotely similar to what I have suggested. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Well, since you asked... I understand that every action results in reactions, some of which are unpleasant but here goes. I would try to pass legislation that would limit personal debt such as on credit cards, maybe $5000. Sorry folks but you can't incur more debt and sorry money lenders you won't enable folks to end up with debt they can never pay back. Balance the budget massive cuts to gov't programs medicare, medicaid, social security, etc. No more healthcare to illegals, emergency care and send'em back home. Heartless and cruel, but more than what their homelands would do for Americans in their countries illegally! Secure the borders, enforce immigrations laws. Lift all bans on oil drilling. Limit imports and massive tarriffs. Mandatory jail time for CEO's who accept gov't money and do what solyndra did. Gov't incentives for American manufacturing, no tax money to buy foreign goods (solar panels. windmills, etc made in china). Gov't assisted suicide. Mandatory birth control for all men and women. A pregnant woman can only go to term if she can prove who the birth father is and they can show proof of financial responsibility. Lawsuit award limits. Strict laws regarding driving while impaired, one chance after which the offender is rendered physically incapable of driving. Death penalty for murder, rape, other violent crimes and all pedophiles, within one year of conviction.

I don't want to keep going and bore you, but you get the idea. You can think of me as a total azz, but so many things are broken, our economy, justice system, everything, that extreme measures are required. How many times can we allow people to repeatedly drive while impaired, commit violent crimes, incur debt that hurts all of us? How can a gov't fifteen trillion dollars in debt afford to keep overspending?
              Realistically, people will have to go without a lot of things and people will have to die because of irresponsibility and lack of foresight.
              Do you support the necessary drastic measures necessary to secure a stable future, or do you insist on staying the course? You cannot have it both ways. Just my opinions based on observations. No need to get upset because I'm not about to become king and no one in our gov't will do anything remotely similar to what I have suggested. Frank
              Frank I just have 1 question for you...did you hit your head recently? I felt like I wrote your post. Wtf is going on with you?

Comment

Frank for President, you have my vote.

Comment

Reminds me of this old joke:

How do you know when a Politician is lying?

When they open there mouth.

Comment

I agree Flux, WTH! Go Frank... I don't think I really could complain with anything you said. I hate abortion, so I do have maybe an issue with ya on that one, but hey, we cant all agree on everything can we?! I would add that states can not limit the 2nd amendment, that all states must allow CC or OC laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                      I agree Flux, WTH! Go Frank... I don't think I really could complain with anything you said. I hate abortion, so I do have maybe an issue with ya on that one, but hey, we cant all agree on everything can we?! I would add that states can not limit the 2nd amendment, that all states must allow CC or OC laws.
                      Unfortunately, I think Obama is going to get a second term, as the propaganda coming from the mainstream media about the right, has way too many kool-aid drinkers right now. It's funny how Obama's record since 2008 doesn't play any role in this as it's all the Republican's fault. For example, Obama campaign hard against Bush about raising the debt ceiling, and now all of a sudden Obama is being hailed as a savior for doing exactly that. Everything wrong in this country according the NBC,ABC, & CBS is the Republicans fault so..imo, I want to see Obama finish us off now in his second term. We as a country have not learnt our lesson yet, and we need another spanking...and he's going to give it to us.

I applaud Obama for for adding almost 6 trillion to the deficit..the most in the history of any President, and I hope he adds on another 6 trillion. You and I will never see the day when we have a surplus again, as 15 trillion (thanks to Bush as well) is at the point of no return right now. Obama has people believing raising taxes will solve all of our problems, and you and I both know that's nothing but a lie. How many times does an expert have to run the numbers to say...we could tax every single rich person in this country, and it wouldn't even put a dent into the deficit. For some reason the left doesn't understand we don;t have a tax problem...we have a spending problem.
                      Obama wants that money for other special interests and agenda's, but you never hear those things out of the main stream media. When i turn on those channels, I wonder what country they are living in, cause everything is so dandy...our savior is here.

Lastly..Obama has made it no secret that he hates everything associated with the 2nd amendment. I can't find the article now, but in his own words (paraphrasing now) he wants to ban guns 5 miles anyway the crow flies from schools and other types of places. If you looked at a map of the United states and looked at what he was talking about...guns would be none existent if he had his way. Since I'm an NRA member...I always get updates for the "under the radar" bills moving it's way through legislation in my state and for the federal government. Thankfully a lot of these bills are being squashed by both sides, cause they know the repercussions that will come from it.

I will say with 100% confidence...not even Obama can take our guns away no matter how hard he tries. There will be another civil war in this country if he even tried.

Comment

That bit of thinking out loud barely scratches the surface of things I believe must be changed in order to save our country. Some of you think my thoughts on Unions labels me a liberal, but my views go beyond what most staunch conservatives would accept. I believe many of our freedoms and rights have been corrupted to excuse bad behavior. If our founding fathers could suddenly reappear, they would look at us and say "You have got to be kidding!". How dare we use the freedom of speech for example to protect the horrid behavior of some people.
                        Seriously, we can't afford another Obama Presidency and we can't afford another republican Presidency that does not incorporate some of the things I mentioned. I doubt the voting masses would elect a candidate who was prepared to make the necessary changes, so we are probably doomed regardless of who wins!

I know my thinking is radical, but if we really limited our spending and behavior to what we could afford, imagine the necessary changes?
                        You cannot be wishy washy if you want to fix the problems, you must be willing to allow people to go without, some to die in order to save the rest. When did it ever make sense, or become a right to buy more than you could afford and burden the rest of society for your comfort and wants? Why should I have to pay to provide for a child who was conceived for the soul purpose of guaranteeing housing, food and comfort for a person who does not work or contribute to the common good? Why should I have to obey the law and be a potential victim of a person who has proven a repeated disregard of our laws and all I hold precious? The murderers and rapists who have been found guilty in my opinion lost their right to life once the verdict was handed down. We can't afford to house and provide for them, and we can't risk releasing them either. They got a fair trial, allow them one appeal within a year, then execute them so they don't suffer in jail. We still don't know how to die as a society! We insist on keeping very ill people alive at a cost we cannot afford, rather then let nature take it's course. We are paying a very high price for playing God. In my opinion, you can't fix the problem if you send in the same people who broke it, the same people who failed to fix it over and over again! We need to stop praising the hard working illegals and get back to the rule of law. Why should a single American lose their job or be forced to contribute to the housing, healthcare or education of a person or their child who broke our laws to get here or be born here? We cannot be easily distracted by grand speeches and worthless promises. We need to see behind the smoke and mirrors layed before us. They (republicans and democrats) have no plan for jobs, no plan to fix the tax codes, immigration, overspending or anything else. Just my opinions based on what they've done over the years. Someone please correct me and tell me what I've missed, tell me where I am mistaken. Frank

Comment

Here is a question that I have been thinking about for awhile, as I keep hearing this issue being brought up on local talk radio.

Should we as a country allow "some" people to be poor? Meaning....should everyone be successful money wise regardless of situation? Or let life take it's course for those people? It was being debated that there is suppose to be poor people,middle class people, and rich people. I'm not sure where I actually stand on this, but I don't like seeing anyone poor, but then again you have those are who beating the system and leeching off of the American tax payer. I also honestly believe no matter what, we are always going to have poor people who can't take care of themselves, and I actually agree on helping those people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                            Here is a question that I have been thinking about for awhile, as I keep hearing this issue being brought up on local talk radio.

Should we as a country allow "some" people to be poor? Meaning....should everyone be successful money wise regardless of situation? Or let life take it's course for those people? It was being debated that there is suppose to be poor people,middle class people, and rich people. I'm not sure where I actually stand on this, but I don't like seeing anyone poor, but then again you have those are who beating the system and leeching off of the American tax payer. I also honestly believe no matter what, we are always going to have poor people who can't take care of themselves, and I actually agree on helping those people.
                            If we could agree on what makes a person "poor", it would help. Jobs need to be available or gov't make work programs on hand so that able bodied people receiving assistance can give back. I worked in the South Bronx for close to thirty years and the poor people I saw were better off than me and my family. When I bought my first house I had to commute over fifty miles each way, and every night and weekend that I had free, I was busy running wires, sweating copper, hanging sheetrock and doing all sorts of things to fix it up. Back in The South Bronx, some of my job was to run new riser cables in the rehab housing for the poor. The apartments got new floor plans, all new fixtures and appliances and new hardwood flooring. I would be busting my butt outside in all weather conditions while young strong men and women would hang out doing drugs, drinking and making more babies for me to support through my taxes. There was a time in this country when you received public assistance and lived a very modest life, no extras. I can see providing a roof over their heads, food and an opportunity to work and have dignity if able. In my opinion we are way past that to some point of insanity where some of the poor live better than us. IF a third of my salary is taken in taxes, I think I should have a say in wheter or not the folks I'm helping to support should be having more children. Sorry if that sounds cruel or racist, I just think it makes sense. Frank

Comment

Ok Frank...I hit the "thanks" button for you 3 times now...that's enough! You can go back to the old you at anytime now.

Comment

Working...
                              X