Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Litte Speaks

Prelude to Revolution

For over thirty years now they have been sleeping peacefully, blissfully unaware of the knife that has been slowly inching its way through their flesh into their hearts. They didn’t go to sleep because the necessarily wanted to. We slipped them the sleeping pills a long time ago. It is much easier to stab someone in the back if they can’t see you coming and as of yet they are still for the most part ignorant of the peril their lives are in. We fostered their ignorance then and we continue to do so this very day. One day soon they will awake from their sleep. The fog will lift from their eyes and for the first time they will look around them and fully realize the horror, the despair and the hopelessness that we have bestowed upon their generation and their children after them.

It began a long time ago. I say thirty years but in reality the foundations were laid many years back when William Randolph Hurst began buying up large and small newspapers and publications. Instead of news outlets being family owned or held by a small group of stock holders they are now consolidated under a large corporation with many stock holders and an obligation to produce profits. The need to be profitable means that subscriptions alone are not enough to feed the coffers so the conglomerate goes in search of big money, big corporate advertising. Sure, small family papers had advertisers also but nowhere on the scale that today’s mega media outlets generate. Now, the news corporation has an obligation to keep its advertisers happy and here is where politics begins to shove its corrupt nose under the tent flap. Logically, if the advertisers are not happy with the news being delivered they are not going to be willing to buy advertising are they? The news conglomerates do what any smart business would do, they cater to the advertiser. We begin to see the same type of structure in the media that we see in our democracy. One media outlet has the liberal democrats and the other has the conservative republicans. We know this dynamic as Fox news on the right and the major networks on the left.

How do you make more money when the laws won’t let you? It’s pretty simple really. You change the laws, and with the help of the media on both sides, that is exactly what has been happening for at least the last thirty years. If you can’t make mega profits operating in the United States, then pass a law or ratify a treaty that lets you move your manufacturing to a more favorable environment for profit. Is it legal? Sure it is because those that stand to profit by the move were the same ones that changed the rules and the same ones that did not bother to inform the public because doing so would anger their advertisers. Corruption runs so deep in this country that most people don’t even recognize it anymore. You get the news that they want you to get and they vehemently discredit any news that is not of their making or approval. Fair and balanced my you know what.

Sleep children, sleep. We gave them the sedatives and the effect was immediate. Look around you. You can see the pills everywhere, perched in the hands of the zombies that they are attached to. I speak of course of smart phones, tablets, computers, flat screen televisions and video game consoles. All designed to keep heads down and eyes and minds focused on anything but the knife in your back. A generation addicted to texting, twittering and facebooking their lives away while my generation continues the rape and pillage of their dreams and their futures. We will leave them and their children with crushing, staggering debt that they will have to pay. We have taken away their jobs, their hopes and their future. We have shipped those jobs overseas and placated them with false hopes of high paying technology and professional employment that even at best estimates comes nowhere near close to the millions of jobs that have been lost to corporate excess and greed. Look around you. See all those old brick mill buildings. Those very same buildings that now house a handful of offices and trendy boutiques used to employ thousands from around your community. Those factories used to be places when a man could make a decent living and support a family. Now they are only foggy memories of better days. When I graduated way back in 1973 I could look at the back of the local newspaper and find at least four full pages of job offerings. Good jobs too, jobs that you could grow in. I checked the paper yesterday. There was less than a quarter page of job wanted ads and most of them were for car salesmen or medical professionals.

The numbers lie and so do the media and politicians that create those lies. The jobless rate is supposed to be somewhere around ten percent or so. Sounds pretty depressing but I am sure that some spin doctor has figured out that while ten percent is not great, it’s also not alarming enough to cause the population to revolt. Let’s cut through the rhetoric and get down to some more realistic estimates. That ten percent does not count a whole lot of people, not the least of which would be the current generation. They are not counted because in most cases they have not held a job yet, so they are not eligible for unemployment and therefore, not on the records. How many kids do you figure that is? How many from your state will graduate from high school and college? Now, how many nationwide? The numbers are staggering and real.

Awake my children. Awake a face the truth. And they will waken. One day soon they will begin to wake from their technology induced nap and see what we have left to them. They will see what we have done to their hopes, dreams and futures. They will open the envelope and see the staggering trillions of dollars in debt that we left to them and be outraged that they have been stuck with the check. They will stagger from their parent’s basement couches and gather on the streets in the light of day asking “where are the jobs?” “how can I earn a living here?” “why did you do this to us?” “where is my piece of the pie?” And what will we tell them? Will we be clever enough to fool them for a little while longer? I don’t think so. Not this time. When the jobs are gone and the money runs out and enough young, strong men and women have nothing to hope for, the revolution will begin. They will occupy themselves with rioting and looting soon followed by mayhem and civil war. The irony of is that we have given them the very technology that they will use to organize in mass numbers. Everybody has one in their pocket and the call to arms is but a text or twit away. It will start as a small protest and sweep across the nation if not the world like a swarm of locust.
    Thirty years or so ago we began the process of toppling our very own democracy because all governments eventually fall from the corruption within. The ratio of rich to poor, the divide is so wide now that there can be no peaceful resolution to the problem. Capitalism will fail just as communism failed. Not because of the political ideal, but rather because of the rampant corruption that grows like a cancer when the love of money takes the soul of man.
    Last edited by NHMaster3015; 01-26-2012, 10:49 PM. Reason: re format
    sigpic

Re: Chicken Litte Speaks

I'm another chicken little predicting the fall of the sky for many years now. Free thinkers that take a step back and look behind the curtain quicky realize our train is headed downhill with no brakes and no plan to stop it. People like us who see capitalism taken to it's end game of killing the consumer are called unAmerican or liberal. If we speak out against government overspending and call for cutbacks we are ultra conservatives. I'm less concerned about the name calling and labels and more concerned about our future.

Grand speeches without a plan are worthless. I'm not aware of any plan, by anyone in office or seeking office. I don't mean proposed tax breaks, I mean a real plan with broad range to address all the problems. If people like NHM and myself are just doom and glooming, please explain what we are missing? I hope I am seriously misinformed and misguided in my thinking and conclusions. I humbly admit I'm no great thinker and these days I'm confused a lot. Maybe it's just me and few other folks who are not reading the signs right? Frank

Comment

I highly recommend reading Winner Take All Politics it is an unbiased assessment and step by step disclosure of the policies, treaties and laws that have been either created, massaged or had an end around play. It is all about corruption and has been for a very long time. Neither party is innocent here and the afore mentioned book will show you that. As for a presidential candidate. Who cares? Vote for Mickey Mouse and you will get the same results as voting for any of the other crooks in the race. I do not believe the anarchy can be stopped at this point or at the very least NOBODY in congress is capable of stopping it nor do they have the will to do so. Meanwhile the children still sleep and the pundits argue and most of the rest of us pretend that we don't see the dark cloud on the horizon or refuse to believe that our worlds and our way of life is in grave jeopardy. I make jokes about buying guns, beans and bullets but I'm starting to think that perhaps I should listen to myself. How will you feed your family when the money is all gone? It's not in the book but if you have some time and want to further alarm or depress yourself. start looking into the role of colleges and institutes of learning in this whole mess.
      Last edited by NHMaster3015; 01-27-2012, 08:33 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

NH - I agree with you, and that's why I think it's laughable when voters of either party say " we have weak candidates to pick from". What they should say instead is " I don't like the candidates who are running, because they don't fit "my" personal views".

If the money is all gone one day, may god give us strength, because it's going to get ugly very quick in this country. When our constitution was written, it was clearly envisioned that government wasn't meant to be BIG and out of control. That is part of the reason why Obama calls the constitution a "deeply flawed" document, because he's all for a nanny state and says so when he states "share the wealth".
        Last edited by Flux; 01-27-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          NH - I agree with you, and that's why I think it's laughable when voters of either party say " we have weak candidates to pick from". What they should say instead is " I don't like the candidates who are running, because they don't fit "my" personal views".

If the money is all gone one day, may god give us strength, because it's going to get ugly very quick in this country. When our constitution was written, it was clearly envisioned that government wasn't meant to be BIG and out of control. That is part of the reason why Obama calls the constitution a "deeply flawed" document, because he's all for a nanny state and says so when he states "share the wealth".
          We are headed to over 16 trillion dollars of debt, the money is way past gone! What we are earning and spending is worth the same or less than monopoly money. I just wonder how it will all come to a grinding halt? Will the delivery trucks with food stop running, or will the banks close their doors? How will it happen, and how much longer can they drag out the conclusion of this sort of job loss, dependency on foreign gov'ts and staggering debt?

Comment

Reminds me of of what Walt Kelly's comic strip character, Pogo, had to say in 1970:
            "I have met the enemy and he is us."

His second best known quote being:
            "Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent."

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              We are headed to over 16 trillion dollars of debt, the money is way past gone! What we are earning and spending is worth the same or less than monopoly money. I just wonder how it will all come to a grinding halt? Will the delivery trucks with food stop running, or will the banks close their doors? How will it happen, and how much longer can they drag out the conclusion of this sort of job loss, dependency on foreign gov'ts and staggering debt?
              You can also add another "stimulus" company to file bankruptcy today. Ener1 received $118 million of stimulus.

So for those keeping record...

Solyndra - $528 million

Beacon Power - $43 million

Ener1 - $118 million

"One bankruptcy may be a fluke, two could be coincidence, but three is a trend"

Comment

Just heard about Ener1 on fox news. Where is the business model and oversight that prevents such a loss? It's as if they went into business to purposely fail? Will there be any accountability, or just another response from President Obama "Well, these things happen".

On another note, heard the NLRB is pushing for Unions to be provided with private employee contact information, telephone numbers, private email addresses. I think such a move is a gross abuse of power, and infringement on individual privacy. This is not the Union ideal I believed in and I think it goes against the democratic process. Disgraceful and very disappointing. No good news today! Frank

Comment

Obama keeps rolling the dice and gambling with tax payer money on these green energy companies, and the country keeps pushing back on those "force" feedings.

Comment

But in the end, it's all peanuts. It makes no difference
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X