X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine sniper by gunny sgt. Carlos hathcock

Read about this Hero in 86. A great read ! Armored vehicle hit a mine, was on fire!
    With flames pouring through the hatch He retrieved a young Marine. His arms were burnt badly for life . Did He profit from this book? Yes. So what ! Who's going to cast the 1st stone? Semper Fi GUNNEY
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Marine sniper by gunny sgt. Carlos hathcock

I already cast it. Is he a hero. Yes indeed. Is he a brave man. Yes indeed. Is he a Marine? You decide.
    sigpic

Comment

This old marine Knows "He's a Marines Marine "
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Ultimately Tool it will be his brothers that decide but I personally have a problem with capitalizing on my service to the country but maybe I have too much humility or have not been afforded the opportunity, LOL
        sigpic

Comment

keeping in mind he was medically retired just before he'd have been able to gain his full retirement, and most retired military end up going back to work anyway to save for a real retirement. so his income wasn't what it really should have been. Can't blame the man for trying to make ends meet by telling his story.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            I already cast it. Is he a hero. Yes indeed. Is he a brave man. Yes indeed. Is he a Marine? You decide.
            I'd really like to understand your post a little better. Especially the, "Is he a Marine?" What exactly are you trying to say?

Did I miss something on another thread?

There can be no doubt the GySgt Carlos Hathcock, was a United States Marine who time and again put his *** on the line while serving this country during the Vietnam War. He practically wrote the book for the Corps' Scout/Sniper Schools.

IMHO, there isn't a man on this forum that could carry his jock.

If anyone is interested try this link. Gunny Hathcock

Comment

Was Hathcock the guy who went on a suicide mission on his own, to kill a high ranking NVA officer? Didn't he also kill that bada$$ woman sniper as well?

If it's the same guy, I loved watching his story.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                Was Hathcock the guy who went on a suicide mission on his own, to kill a high ranking NVA officer? Didn't he also kill that bada$$ woman sniper as well?

If it's the same guy, I loved watching his story.
                You got it , He's the Gunney.

Comment

If You didn't serve in the Corps, How would You know what a marine is?

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    If You didn't serve in the Corps, How would You know what a marine is?
                    I know because it's the women's department of the Navy!

All joking aside though...every ship I was on, there was always a marine presence there, and I made some friends through the Corp ranks because I was a cook. Being a cook in the Navy and on a ship, is more powerful than the Captain himself...believe that!

Comment

Working...
                    X