X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 new inmates a week?

I was watching a program "lockup raw" about prison life, they said L.A. County processes 2000 new inmates a week! How much does that cost? Got to be a better, cheaper way?

Re: 2000 new inmates a week?

Got a better, cheaper way to do what? Unless the amount of crime decreases in L. A. County there is no other way to decrease the amount of inmates they process. I suppose they could just randomly kill every third one that comes into the processing center but I don't suppose that idea would fly.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The way things are going in this country, we may need more prisons.

Comment

This goes back to Lindsay Lohan and why she was released early. The son of a friend of ours had an accident on New Years Day (12:03 AM). He was driving on a suspended license and was drunk. The people in the other car were injured so it was a Felony. It took 5-days to go before a Judge who sentenced him to 60-days. With time served and good behavior he was out in 11-days due to overcrowding. I think California needs Sheriff Joe.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Yes I think they need a lot of those outside Jails
          L. A. County has a lot of bare wide open space around the Palmdale and Lancaster areas

a little chain link fencing some military surplus tents, army beds I am sure they will be bringing
          a lot of that stuff back from the war zones,

Then Lindsey Lohan would have some place to serve. her complete sentence !
          with all the privacy she could ever want and I am sure she could get used to no A/C or TV'S
          Last edited by JERRYMAC; 01-29-2012, 12:19 AM.
          JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            The way things are going in this country, we may need more prisons.
            Why? The whole place is being turned into one big prison.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I find it interesting that the United States has a little over 4% of the world's total population and 25% of all the people in the world who are incarcerated are in the United States. Something is wrong there...

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
                I find it interesting that the United States has a little over 4% of the world's total population and 25% of all the people in the world who are incarcerated are in the United States. Something is wrong there...
                I wonder if there is either less crime or less punishment outside of the USA? Hearing that number 2000 a week in LA Country alone just hit me as awful high and a tremendous expense. IF we build more jails, that's just more added expense and we still are not spending the money in a productive way. I know we can't aloow criminals to roam free, it just seems the money could be better spent.

Comment

Outsource their imprisonment to Mexico
                  sigpic

Comment

i like badger dave's idea of every third gets shot (if found guilty) i think the might stop alot of this crap.
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

It would be nice to see the offenses of the 2000, and how many are on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th visit.
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I think BadgerDave has got a good idea there... I seem to recall reading once that part of the discipline of the ancient Roman Legions was that if a unit retreated or lost, every fifth soldier would be stepped-out, and summarily executed. It brought "new meaning" to thoughts of retreat, and one might well figure it was better to stand one's ground in defiance, rather than be executed in dishonor.

I would like to think that might work well when faced with the possibilities of getting caught in one's felony-conviction... but I'm also under the impression that such people have niether conscience or the mental capacity to comprehend thier actions. Too many, like Ms. Lohan are either so self-centered or drugged out of their mind that little else matters.

However, I think that NHMaster, has a great idea:

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        Outsource their imprisonment to Mexico
                        Not only would the cost of imprisonment go down, but it would also assist us tremendously in that we could basically hire a number of the illegals that we catch and then employ them in the new "SOTB" (South Of The Border) internment system. And then to make the system really economical, the prisoners' themselves could grow their own food.

I would think a few months of toiling under Mexico's hot sun would make them think twice about wanting to return to their live's of crime.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                          I think BadgerDave has got a good idea there... I seem to recall reading once that part of the discipline of the ancient Roman Legions was that if a unit retreated or lost, every fifth soldier would be stepped-out, and summarily executed. It brought "new meaning" to thoughts of retreat, and one might well figure it was better to stand one's ground in defiance, rather than be executed in dishonor.

I would like to think that might work well when faced with the possibilities of getting caught in one's felony-conviction... but I'm also under the impression that such people have niether conscience or the mental capacity to comprehend thier actions. Too many, like Ms. Lohan are either so self-centered or drugged out of their mind that little else matters.

However, I think that NHMaster, has a great idea:

Not only would the cost of imprisonment go down, but it would also assist us tremendously in that we could basically hire a number of the illegals that we catch and then employ them in the new "SOTB" (South Of The Border) internment system. And then to make the system really economical, the prisoners' themselves could grow their own food.

I would think a few months of toiling under Mexico's hot sun would make them think twice about wanting to return to their live's of crime.

CWS
                          Maybe we could just import their drinking water from mexico. It sure did a number on me years ago, left me too busy running to the bathroom and weak to get into any trouble.

Comment

I feel it goes back to cops making common criminals out of 16 year old kids with a little pot
                            Just make them throw it out .

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                              I feel it goes back to cops making common criminals out of 16 year old kids with a little pot
                              Just make them throw it out .
                              I was just watching an episode of the tv show "Cops", and they had three or four black undercover cops selling pot to folks in cars and then four to six white officers boxing them in and seizing the cars and arresting the people. Seemed over the top activity for a small amount of pot that the cops were selling! Must be a better use for the police force. Round up the illegals, go after the violent criminals or big dealers. I don't know, just looked like they were doing a number on some regular folks who wanted to smoke a joint or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X