X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why So Many tv Progams About Jail?

There seems to be a whole lot of tv programs on lately having to do with jails and prison life.
    I wonder if the government is encouraging this kind of programming to discourage would be criminals?
    Maybe it's just a coincidence that with crime on the rise, this sort of program is more popular. I know there have been all sorts of similar programs about lockup and maximum security facilities, but these shows are geared more towards putting a fright into viewers. Hey, if it works to get someone to stay out of trouble great. Personally, I have never wanted to see the inside of a prison as an inmate, but after almost 29 years of marriage not much scares me.

Re: Why So Many tv Progams About Jail?

They are even cheaper to produce than those awful reality shows

Cactus Man

Comment

After a days work Who wants that crap in their home! We enjoy "flying wild Alaska" Yea Aeral You, soloed! Wife N I were nervous as Grandparents ! There's some good TV, Not enough!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I grew up 2 miles from the largest Maximum security prison in our state (dad still lives there) and also took a tour through that very prison.

What we see on tv is nothing compared to actually being there live to see what kind of goes on behind those walls.

Was I nervous being in there with inmates walking around me? A little at first, but we were in sections where the offenders were not high risk. I remember that day, I was wearing a Notre Dame ball cap, and I must of got asked 20 times for my hat! Our guide told us that ballcaps are big business inside the prison.

The only time I went to jail in my life was while I was in the Navy. To make a long story short, I punched my roommate in the face, and he in turn went to the police. Well my court date was while we were out at sea, so I obviously missed that court date. When I returned to port, there was a warrant out for my arrest, and I turned myself in. When I reported to the jail, I remember the officer asking me" why are you even here, you don't belong here". He told me "go pick out a cell and sit there till we figure this out". I remember sitting inside the cell and giggling to myself like..."wtf am I doing here?". I got strip searched, and that was more humiliating than being in jail itself. But, it was the LONGEST 3 hours of my life, as I got tired of counting the cinderblocks on the wall over and over and over. lol

My girlfriend at the time knew the county judge, and she ordered my immediate release and all the charges were dropped in court that following week.

Jail is not a fun place.

Comment

I like Dual Survival, Black Gold, Gold Rush some of the American Pickers, Pawn Star and Auction Hunter shows. There is so much you can learn about nature, life and history from some of these programs. I just took notice of all those jail and prison shows lately.

Comment

We adopted Parker S.. of the big nugget Mine. We watch the same shows.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              I like Dual Survival, Black Gold, Gold Rush some of the American Pickers, Pawn Star and Auction Hunter shows. There is so much you can learn about nature, life and history from some of these programs. I just took notice of all those jail and prison shows lately.
              I watch Deadliest Catch (diehard fan) and I want to see that new show "doomsday____" I forget the actual name, but it looked interesting. I'm big on watching the I.D. Channel and D.I.Y. network. That's the only tv watching I really do, except when my boy Chef Ramsey is on.

Comment

I watch cartoons and the food network
                sigpic

Comment

That most of these reality type shows manage to somehow stay on the air speaks volumes to the mindset of far too many Americans. These types of shows demonstrate that by and large most Americans lack any kind of culture. If it doesn't demonstrate that and we are truly a cultured society then explain how this junk receives even a second of air time?
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

out here all we have to do is tune into the late night news. you can typically find a high speed chase live on the air covered by at least 1 news station helicopter. they will preempt the real news to watch the chase going in circles.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Think about it, Wouldn't you like it if they did a show about where you live?
                      As the penal population grows, so does the number of viewers behind bars,
                      so they are just catering to their audience.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X