Keystone pipeline project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keystone pipeline project

Better with it in 10 years, than without it !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

....saw a sign saying 'TACO BELL COMING SPRING 2012!
      That'll take care of the jobs problem.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

The story continues.... Josh Fox, 'Gasland' Director, Talks Of Capitol Hill Arrest

So, what do we have here? A little more SECRET Republican shenanigans, like that which Cheney and Enron and the SW Energy Commission had back during the Bush administration? Why is it that they claim to be so much for the American people, but that their ties to the oil and gas industry seems to be almost corrupt in the non-disclosure? Time after time, we find out that the Republican party is knee-deep with big oil money and "we the people" are suffering for it.

Every day and night we are bombarded with the industry's propaganda about jobs, "green" environment, absolutely safe practices, and on and on and on. Yet, the proof is evident that little if any of this is true... and the Republican's have now reached such a point of power that they feel quite comfortable in trampling First Amendment rights.

Just think about how safe this pipeline is going to be to our water and environment, considering the history of lies and coverup that these guys have perpetrated on us all.

CWS

Comment

I got to say
          I did like the bad Republicans 2$ gas
          A lot better

Comment

When was that?

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
              When was that?

CWS
              2004?

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

When was that?

CWS
                We had spikes with Bush
                But even in his last year in office it would go back down to $2 .50
                The whole time the news blamed Bush
                The only thing i ever heard Obama say about gas was, You need to get rid of your old beater
                He never sent me a New Truck coupon ...because i got job

As far as Enron ... Bill Clinton let that bubble grow

Comment

I see very little difference between President Bush and President Obama. When someone commented to President Bush "do you kinow the price of gas is $4.00", he replied "is that so", was he out of touch, arrogant or both? President Obama is no better with the cash for clunkers program, as if Americans losing their jobs and homes could afford to trade up, or when he said of solyndra. "these things happen". They both borrowed money from a communist country to wage war, neither secured the borders, or addressed the trade deficit or economy.
                  Last edited by Frankiarmz; 02-06-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Maybe you should read the profiles of both President on Wikipedia (that's the easiest).

The problem with gasoline is that the market is totally speculative.... the big guys are making big money. There are NO government controls to keep this from happening. It's funnier than hell, when you really take the time to look at it. Most of the guys who make this complaint are dyed in the wool Republicans and yet that is where all the history leads. Yet it was just in the news, not more than a few weeks ago that we are actually "exporting" gas and oil... now go figure that one out. And yeh Franki, I'm sure you are imagining that Obama is there himself running the hose to the tankers.

We could of course be converting our cars over to run on nat gas, but then the oil companies would have to start un-capping all those gas wells it has been drilling and capping over the last decade. (Hey there are a few of those within just a few miles of here.)

I think the high prices will stay high well into the future, it's just too profitable to do anything else.

CWS

Comment

Funny , why would a Guy that never was a tradesman [ retired writer ] post on this forum so often??
                      I guess , "just to push the Obama agenda !"
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Maybe you should read the profiles of both President on Wikipedia (that's the easiest).

The problem with gasoline is that the market is totally speculative.... the big guys are making big money. There are NO government controls to keep this from happening. It's funnier than hell, when you really take the time to look at it. Most of the guys who make this complaint are dyed in the wool Republicans and yet that is where all the history leads. Yet it was just in the news, not more than a few weeks ago that we are actually "exporting" gas and oil... now go figure that one out. And yeh Franki, I'm sure you are imagining that Obama is there himself running the hose to the tankers.

We could of course be converting our cars over to run on nat gas, but then the oil companies would have to start un-capping all those gas wells it has been drilling and capping over the last decade. (Hey there are a few of those within just a few miles of here.)

I think the high prices will stay high well into the future, it's just too profitable to do anything else.

CWS
                        No CWS, I don't envision what you said, but I do stand by my post. Neither President seemed overly concerned with how gas or heating fuel prices hurt us. Aside from a healthcare plan which taxpayers will have to pay for, the two seem very much alike. Ask yourself if the economy, gov't overspending, jobs, borders, trade deficit or anything else is much different or closer to a fix?

I do want big gov't to cap prices on essential commonidites such as oil, and I do want big gov't to set trade limits and high tariffs on imports just like other gov't do with our goods. I need big gov't to hold business owners who borrow our money accountable under penalty of law. Where is the common sense and willingness to set party agenda aside for the good of country and we the people?
                        I have not and do not see it from either party, but I will not reward President Obama for talking a good game and not delivering on a darn thing. Do you believe things are getting better, I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          Funny , why would a Guy that never was a tradesman [ retired writer ] post on this forum so often??
                          I guess , "just to push the Obama agenda !"
                          Tool, in all fairness I got into a habit of overstaying my welcome here since I retired. Building up to the last Presidential election I was not pleased with President Bush and I upset a lot of folks here. I thought for sure the democrats would fix some of the things that bothered me, like the same old washington politics. Well, I got a good wake up call since the election. No transparency, no scalpel to the budget, more war, dirty deals to pass healthcare that will cost taxpayers (so much for not raising our taxes!!!). CWS makes his argument, and we can disagree and make ours. I remember the past promises and lack of delivering by both sides, so I don't like either party. I was not willing to give President Bush another four years based on what I saw, and I feel the same way about President Obama. We need change, and even if we don't do better, we can't stay this course either. I hope and pray Romney wins, that the voters don't fall for the grand speeches by President Obama. Maybe we won't have another two term President, but we need to wake up and reward progress and results to give us a balanced budget, secured borders, and real jobs for millions of Americans. I don't agree with CWS all the time but I am not bothered one bit by his views, opinions and conclusions. Nothing he can post changes the past three years of this administration, where we are speaks for itself. There is too much wrong to imagine four more years of the same will amount to anything better. Give the republicans a chance and see what happens. Personally , I am sure cutting taxes will not create jobs, certainly not in the USA. We need deep cuts in gov't spending, painful cuts in every program. How do you pay down 16 trillion dollars of debt if you keep adding to it? How do you "grow" jobs when china, and the rest of the world is producing what you consume and they don't buy your goods? The next President will have his hands full, God help him and us. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            I was not willing to give President Bush another four years based on what I saws. Frank
                            Bush was at his term limit, so you couldn't vote against him in 2008 even if you tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              I'm definitely for the pipeline for every single positive reason one can think of, and for Obama to go against the Unions on this one to appease the E.P.A. & the tree huggers is mind boggling.

What's even worse is..Obama gave Brazil $2Billion to drill so we can buy that oil, when it turn they are going to sell it to the Chinese.

I don't care how or what...I want to get away from depending on foreign oil for the majority of our consumption. The day we drill for our own oil, is the day oil prices in the middle east drop drastically.

We have enough oil right here we can tap into...so let's do it.
                              This was touched on a bit, but all of this "domestic oil" once brought up gets sold on the open market, not banned for export. There is a fly in every ointment it seems.

Another thing to keep in mind as to why (maybe) we have not gone crazy pumping everything we have is this. When every one else wells have run dry, we still have a couple of years of our own stuff to keep us going. We really will cry foul when fuel jumps to $20 a gallon at that point, but at least we will still have our own stockpile. I think in the end that is more important than whining about $4 a gallon fuel. Yes I do hate the idea of getting gouged at the pump, but heck, back in the day I cried putting $50 in my truck and it giving me 2 full tanks that would be empty in 3 days...
                              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                                this was touched on a bit, but all of this "domestic oil" once brought up gets sold on the open market, not banned for export. There is a fly in every ointment it seems.

Another thing to keep in mind as to why (maybe) we have not gone crazy pumping everything we have is this. When every one else wells have run dry, we still have a couple of years of our own stuff to keep us going. We really will cry foul when fuel jumps to $20 a gallon at that point, but at least we will still have our own stockpile. I think in the end that is more important than whining about $4 a gallon fuel. Yes i do hate the idea of getting gouged at the pump, but heck, back in the day i cried putting $50 in my truck and it giving me 2 full tanks that would be empty in 3 days...
                                2 full tanks $50.00 ???????

Comment

Working...
                                X