1983 vh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 vh

In 1983 I saw Van Halen at the US Festival in San Bernadino while in the service. This May I'm bringing my son (who is in the service) to see Van Halen for the first time, in St.Paul. Almost 30 years later. Who would of thought? Got great tickets, 10th row up off the floor very near the stage.

Funny thing is I've already watched some Youtube video of the tour that started last Saturday and everyone has their smart phones in the air lighting up the arena. I think we used lighters back then? LOL

Re: 1983 vh

I'm hot for teacher..... I was like 7 back then.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

now i feel old..... ahhhh good times though.
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

My wife scored 2 tickets to the Washington DC show next month. I doubt David Lee Roth still has the range he used to back in the eighties but he'll make up for it with front-man antics. Saw them in '79 with Jackson Browne as the warmup. Too many shots of Southern Comfort in the parking lot before the show now I don't remember a thing about the show.

'Women and Children First' was their best album- AND I'm a Sammy Hagar fan!... let the flames fly!

Still not convinced they will complete this tour with David on the mic.

Comment

Atlanta, early 1980's.
          Yes, we were this close.
          Attached Files
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Late 70s early 80s were some good times

Comment

The tour goes through June so I'm hoping they make it until May without cancelling it. Eddie's son Wolfgang is the bass player now, he's the same age as my son. wolfgang is good, has a good teacher. Nope Dave doesn't have the range as he did before. Looking at the videos from the tour he didn't scream once like he used to do but his voice is good and Eddie's guitar playing is unbelievable. It's like DeJavu, I like all the songs on the new album, good stuff. Did I say album? LOL I don't even have a disc. My wife gave me one of her Ipod shuffles and put the album on it for me. I'm cool now!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                My wife scored 2 tickets to the Washington DC show next month. I doubt David Lee Roth still has the range he used to back in the eighties but he'll make up for it with front-man antics. Saw them in '79 with Jackson Browne as the warmup. Too many shots of Southern Comfort in the parking lot before the show now I don't remember a thing about the show.

'Women and Children First' was their best album- AND I'm a Sammy Hagar fan!... let the flames fly!

Still not convinced they will complete this tour with David on the mic.
                I'm a Sammy fan too but not so much when he was with VH. The album was sort of corny I thought, too much "I love you" wishy washy songs. I can't drive 55 is more my speed. So far from the reviews and from what I've seen David is behaving himself. He's using a head set instead of a mike stand, sort of looks strange with his arms free. Looks like a big chicken running around chased by the butcher!

Comment

Life is good! Thank you both for your service
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

17 More days for me baby! WTF Kool & The Gang? Name:  af226047ce1d9df301a0d211313f3ed6.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  133.8 KB
                    26+6=1

Comment

WOW...$149.50

I guess I really am old. In my concert days, which numbered in the hundreds, don't think I ever paid more than $15.00, if that. All super "A" list bands too boot!!

Damn, getting older definitely has some cons to it. (Remembering the world when it all made sense)

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
                        17 More days for me baby! WTF Kool & The Gang? Name:  af226047ce1d9df301a0d211313f3ed6.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  133.8 KB
                        I thought the same thing when I heard Kool and the Gang, WTF is right! But then the more I thought about it, it will be fun. We can all laugh and dance and say wtf until VH come on. Strange choice for an opening band for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by lreops View Post

WOW...$149.50

I guess I really am old. In my concert days, which numbered in the hundreds, don't think I ever paid more than $15.00, if that. All super "A" list bands too boot!!

Damn, getting older definitely has some cons to it. (Remembering the world when it all made sense)

Ron

We remember when motor cycles were dangerous, and sex was safe !
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            We remember when motor cycles were dangerous, and sex was safe !
                            I HATE (by I of course mean envious!) how many nice things you people had:
                            [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Y72P7oug9H...527s_logo7.jpg[/img]

Fifteen cent hamburgers, made with real beef!
                            Course today, I have to worry about certain critical parts falling off, if done even once.

Comment

Originally posted by lreops View Post

WOW...$149.50

Ron

Thats before Ticketmasters take. They really cost $160.
                              26+6=1

Comment

Working...
                              X