Reg. Gas $4.29 a gal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg. Gas $4.29 a gal.

Where's that old siphon hose I had when I was 16 ?? Pretty soon folks in suits and wing tip shoes will be stealing Gas Me thinks !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Reg. Gas $4.29 a gal.

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as it was years ago. this past summer I tried to siphon some gas out of my wife's van for a lawn mower at her dad's house. I cut a length of garden hose but could not get it past the restrictor! A neighbor told me years ago they had folks driving around at night stealing gas, by sticking something sharp (screwdriver or ice pick) into the gas tank. Messy and requiring a costly repair.
    I got your point though, the price is getting really high and desperate times will result in desperate measures. Now I'm gonna search the Internet for a cheap and easy gas siphon
    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 02-26-2012, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Cut the hose right before the tank, easy fuel.. That's what the thieves did to my car, $50 at the dealer for a new hose. X(
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I just got home from vacation a few hours ago. I had to fill up my car at $4.50 a gallon just outside of Los Angeles on the drive home. That is around a buck higher a gallon then at home.

Comment

Gas has gone up so fast recently that i bet its a 70 cent split since you left. Gas was 3.55 and it jumped to 3.85, now $4.21.

A bunch of Arabs and oil execs must have bought a new fleet of yachts and helicopters and expect us to pay it off for them like usual.
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
            Gas has gone up so fast recently that i bet its a 70 cent split since you left. Gas was 3.55 and it jumped to 3.85, now $4.21.

A bunch of Arabs and oil execs must have bought a new fleet of yachts and helicopters and expect us to pay it off for them like usual.
            That May be true, but why is our Merican oil the same price ?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Because it's a "global" market. Hell man, you can't possibly expect the gas that is exclusively produced in the U.S. to be sold to us citizens at anything less than to rest of the world, do you? Now that simply wouldn't be American, or capitalistic.

I'm waiting to see just how many $$$ Billions the "Exxons" of this country are going to clear in profits! That should take our breaths away.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                Because it's a "global" market. Hell man, you can't possibly expect the gas that is exclusively produced in the U.S. to be sold to us citizens at anything less than to rest of the world, do you? Now that simply wouldn't be American, or capitalistic.

I'm waiting to see just how many $$$ Billions the "Exxons" of this country are going to clear in profits! That should take our breaths away.

CWS
                Call me an unAmerican, antiCapitalist, but yes, I expect gasoline produced here to be sold to us cheap! It's also unAmerican to undermine the economy by raising the price of a vital commodity to the point where folks can't travel. I want, no I demand $1.00 a gallon gasoline and heating fuel. If my demands are not met I will stop driving altogether and flood the market.

Comment

Franki,

Just so you know... I was being sarcastic. I'm really getting quite tired of the issue of "global". You're producing it here, you need to sell it here. I'm sick of ridiculous prices that I've witnessed on everything from wheat to gasoline. We've been ripped on beef, corn, bread, cereals, gasoline, lumber, copper, and lots of other stuff that is produced here in the U.S. and then sold elsewhere FIRST.

CWS

Comment

The best part is, the oil companies don't own the land they are using to drill....the tax payers own it. We should be dictating to them.

Over the last 3 1/2 years, we have seen food prices soar, medical insurance soar, and gas prices soar....etc

In 2006 the Democrats slammed George Bush for high gas prices, and use it as a platform for the 2008 election with the main stream media leading that charge.

In 2012 Gas prices are soaring once again, and the Democrats and main stream media are giving Obama cover, by defending him saying there is nothing he can do. wtf?

In a few more months, the white house will drop another bombshell on the American people just in time for the election, to deflect any attention away from Obama's record since he's been in office. Bill Clinton got away with it during the Monica Lewinsky trial, by bombing iraq and trying to deflect attention away from himself.

Get ready sheep, another round of propaganda is coming up. Just sit back, stfu..and take it!

Comment

What are you complaining about your petrol is cheap how would you like to be paying $1.54 per litre which is roughly $6.16 per gal

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                        What are you complaining about your petrol is cheap how would you like to be paying $1.54 per litre which is roughly $6.16 per gal

Tony
                        Tony, $6.16 a gallon is a steal to be living in Australia! Beautiful beaches, The Outback, best lamb in the world and by the way what does lamb cost you per pound? I can't even afford a lamb chop here! Life is rough in America, illegals, polluted drinking water, beaches covered with oil, crooked politicians. That two dollars extra a gallon you pay is a small price to live in the land down under.Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Tony, $6.16 a gallon is a steal to be living in Australia! Beautiful beaches, The Outback, best lamb in the world and by the way what does lamb cost you per pound? I can't even afford a lamb chop here! Life is rough in America, illegals, polluted drinking water, beaches covered with oil, crooked politicians. That two dollars extra a gallon you pay is a small price to live in the land down under.Frank
                          Don`t give me that Frank you live in the land of milk and honey that`s why everyone wants to immigrate to the U.S. just look at south of the border down Mexico way there like flies they want just a little of your milk and honey and they will even work for nothing

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                            Don`t give me that Frank you live in the land of milk and honey that`s why everyone wants to immigrate to the U.S. just look at south of the border down Mexico way there like flies they want just a little of your milk and honey and they will even work for nothing

Tony
                            Tony, I've had my fill of milk and honey, I want lamb!!! When I was young my Mom made lamb chops once a week, now I just look at them in the freezer case and cry. All kidding aside though, the situation with mexico is disgraceful. Mexico is a land of immense natural beauty and resources but a very corrupt government that has zero concern for it's populace. Mexico should have a thriving population but instead it has a thriving drug trade. In my opinion when people are willing to leave their families and illegally enter another country, it is a bad reflection on their homeland. I wish America would invade and occupy mexico! Clean up the drug cartels, make it safe and give the people a chance to live in peace. They should not have to come here for jobs, and we should be able to employ Americans to do any job by paying a living wage. Paying Americans to stay home and eventually lose their homes is insane and not an option I endorse.

Comment

Working...
                            X