Ugly to beautiful!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly to beautiful!

Thought you guys might like to see a couple pictures from a job we did a couple summers ago. Took a horrible looking entryway and transformed it into something amazing... have a look and tell me what ya think!

Before Pictures...
    Name:  7f742546e7f7dc18586734de4de328b6.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  438.5 KBName:  52eadde9af5c81961a88eca0988a2e6b.jpg
Size:  291.3 KBName:  a8a4a332f2ed8bbbeb6d9b861f62ec50.jpg
Size:  302.7 KBName:  2f801e0eacf8ee893fbc01d9a3177319.jpg
Size:  303.3 KBName:  aa323bcbd51ca5fbbf6a75b739a539a4.jpg
Size:  475.9 KB
    Last edited by Alphacowboy; 02-28-2012, 12:15 PM.

Re: Ugly to beautiful!

After...

Name:  6f88ee5779442572106f77c59acf8da2.jpg
Size:  432.6 KBName:  1d69867ae798dadccfe9043df44e6fad.jpg
Size:  448.1 KBName:  6559d599aa8d7659f49ea0eaafa73d06.jpg
Size:  440.2 KBName:  e763ebe4ecaf961a8878d90a8bafa2c1.jpg
Size:  500.0 KBName:  af8589760fd572e1fc92932ed0ab63f8.jpg
Size:  509.3 KBName:  cd78021b2314e02da68d5acc5232f0bc.jpg
Size:  460.7 KBName:  2ca08cca92d3428aae3873f3571afbf3.jpg
Size:  421.9 KB
    Last edited by Alphacowboy; 02-27-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Couple More...
      Name:  ecc48b54dac3b5f5f11d8195c71a4ab1.jpg
Size:  442.0 KBName:  428324b35f4d96bf5e4fdc91994fe6e0.jpg
Size:  435.6 KB
      Last edited by Alphacowboy; 02-27-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Wow! That looks real nice.

Comment

Thanks Frank! It was a lot of work. It was the first (and only so far) curved stairs we had done, its a learning curve I tell you what! But, it was fun, I wish I had somewhere in my own home to do it, but my house is a rambler and I have no plans to add a second floor!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Awesome
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thanks guys! Sometimes I question why I do what I do... then I look at pictures of some of the work myself and family has done, and it sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't. I get frustrated to tell the truth. I at heart love to sing (even gave American Idol a shot many years ago), I also love mechanical things and finding solutions to odd needs, I was awarded the "Richard Drew Creativity Award" from 3M my senior year of high school, even Placed 6th 2 years in a row at mechanical engineering events at the National Science Olympiad Competitions (95/96). I could build a computer with my eyes closed (really, I did it once just to see if I could), I worked my way up from just a part time salesman at Best Buy to tech Lead Supervisor in less than 2 years, in less than 8 months with AT&T as a broadband technical support I became a Lead Broadband Technicial Support Rep. I worked for a low voltage contractor, and within 6 months I went from wire pulling rafter monkey to Operations manager and then on to my adventure as the owner of my own construction company. Its been almost 8 years since I ventured out on my own, to be honest, I feel like I am not challenged anymore, and lets be completely honest, the money as of late in the biz aint that great. I am not sure what to do, I'm 34 years old, and wondering if this is the path I want to continue, or should I change my sails? Anyway, enough about my belly aching, I appreciate the compliments! I just wonder if the grey matter between the ears that God gave me is not being used to its full potential...
                Last edited by Alphacowboy; 02-28-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

well, if you feel like moving to sunny california, i could always use a person with your talents and drive.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Lol i was looking at the first set of pics and wasn't to impressed
                    Nice job on the after work

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                      Haha, isn't that the ugliest stair case? It was terrible, and on top of that the basement staircase was worse, we actually completely flipped the basement staircase for this project. The only way to the basement was through a 28" door in the middle of the kitchen that was a 90* turn down a 32" wide stairs, it sucked. Now it tucks under the rounded stairs and makes sense.

Comment

Well, I did think the first set of pictures looked good and when I saw the second I thought well there's and even nicer jobs! The creative mind that can see something that's not there is a fascinating thing. You made it look like and entirely different house, very beautiful, classy, clean. I wish I had the money to hire someone with your skills to do some work in my home. Your customers are very lucky, they get a craftsman with both skills and vision!

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                          I got to say, that is what I was thinking too. It may have been the decorations that was throwing me off but I wasn't seeing it. However, the new staircase is very nice. I would be proud if I had done something like that.

Kevin

Comment

Alpha,

I had a similar reaction... looking at the first set of pictures my thought was that it was "nice" woodwork, and are the "before pictures" going to show up on the end.... but, OMG... is this really GAUDY as hell, just absolutely too much and why woud anyone do a double staircase like that. (With that initial set of pictures, I wasn't going to comment at all!)

But then, I advanced down the page to see whatever reaction there might be by the other forum members and I saw the second set of pictures

Fantastic! Very nice work and it is NOW a very impressive staircase; one in which I think the home owner should be very proud to show off, and one which any of us would be extremely proud to say was our kind of work and sense of design style. You did a excellent job of bringing real dignity to that staircase.

I do wonder if those are sky lights at the top of the stairs (the rectangular bright spots) or whether those are florescent fixtures. I would hate to think that they were fixtures, as I think that takes away from the wonderful workmanship and design of the staircase and the terrific trim; but "skylights", now that is something else indeed.

After looking at these pictures a few times I just find it even more impressive. Well thought out and tastefully executed. Your "work" is really terrific I think. In addition, after reading your little "resume" of sorts, I am left with the thoughts that you are yet so young and your future is has got to be even better with this kind of skillful ability and talent... not to mention drive.

Thanks so much for the post,

CWS

Comment

Thanks yet again guys. Maybe I should bold and enlarge the "before"? LOL.

CWS, those are definitely skylights. I'll post pics of the office and bathrooms I did at this same house when I get home. I wish I had jobs of this scale everyday to work on.

I do have a custom made item for tile that I'm thinking about marketing but not sure where to start doing that. Also have a game board that I'm trying to get to market some how.

Comment

Working...
                              X