X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again (and some sad news)

Been a while since I've stopped in. My husband of 27 years was diagnosed with Stage IV esophogeal cancer in October. He put up a good fight but in the end it was too much for him. He passed away at home on Feb. 15. It's been a hard few months, and while I'm devastated that he's gone, I'm relieved that he went quickly, quietly and peacefully here at home. I have received comfort from God that Mike is home and happy. I will miss my best friend until we're reunited.

For the time being, I'm taking some time off work to re-align my life. I'm going to concentrate on woodworking for a bit and try to learn to live without him. It's never easy to do this, but it must be done.

He was a tremendous man, and I will miss him always. For the time being, however, it looks like you guys are stuck with me! I hope that by re-connecting with those things that gave me pleasure in the past I can move forward.

It's good to see so many familiar names here. I have missed you all!

-Sandy
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Re: Back again (and some sad news)

Sandy, I am so sorry you lost for your loss. I hope time will heal your hurt and posting with the good people here is a fine idea. I think it's good to share your thoughts so say whatever is on your mind, you are among friends. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Sandy, I am so sorry you lost for your loss. I hope time will heal your hurt and posting with the good people here is a fine idea. I think it's good to share your thoughts so say whatever is on your mind, you are among friends. Frank
      So sorry Sandy, Frank said it beautifully, right from the heart. Makes Me cherish My soul mate even more. Prayers from this Old Irishman to Mike. And remember Sandy " The Lord listens to sinners prayers first " Mike is fine , and looking after You !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

sorry to hear of your loss,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Losing someone close is never easy, but that is the book of life. One chapter closes, another opens.

Attachment

Ron

Attached Files

Comment

sandy, joey and i are saddened to hear about the passing of your husband.

it's times like this that the forum comes together to help you get through it.

rick, joey.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I send along my sincere condolences for your loss

Cactus Man

Comment

Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You are in my prayers.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my prayers.

So good that you are back to the forum, we missed you.

Bill

Comment

Sandy,

How precious our loved ones are! My your love and memories give you strength and may your faith give you guidance. It is with sadness that we share your loss and we all wish you wellness in this terrible time.

I'll add you and your best friend to my prayers, may God be with you both and with your family and friends in thier loss,

CWS

Comment

Thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayers. God has let me know that Mike is out of his misery and is actually happy now. I know he's near. I can't get my big ol' Mikey-hugs right now, but I know he's looking out for me. It's good to be back "home" again with all you fine folk. *hugs*
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                      X