Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Members Save the Federal Gov't 1 billion!!!

I just got an idea for saving the federal government one billion dollars. Bill O'Reilly annouced that two years ago President Obama helped secure two billion dollars to a couple solar energy companies. One is named "Abound" and it is laying people off, will probably go belly up soon.

My idea is to form a solar energy company with other Forum members, we will request two billion dollars. There will be no attempt to produce anything, we will simply divide up one billion dollars and return one billion to the federal government. My plan actually allows the government to walk away with a billion dollars, unlike what happened with solyndra and now "Abound".

There will be no investigation because in the words of President Obama, "These things happen".
    We will probably be honored for returning half the money we stole, I mean mismanaged, I mean I don't recall what I mean. So, who is with me? Who wants to be a good American and give back for a change?

Re: Ridgid Members Save the Federal Gov't 1 billion!!!

OK, I'm in!

By the way under the line "dependents" on my tax form I put in 23,000
    That's what is typical for supporting illegal aliens in Arizona

I wonder if I'll get audited?

Cactus Man

Comment

I like it but it must be pushed through right away with little to no oversight to work.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Realx, I believe in total transparency, and Cactusman, we will divide the entire population of the United States between us as dependents.
        Remember we are doing this for the good of America! Finally the taxpayers will get something back instead of taking a total loss. I feel so patriotic. Frank

Comment

Evergreen Solar pulled the same stunt in Massachusetts. Started up as Gov. Patrick's golden child, then a few years later closes up shop, moves to China, and takes the 58 million dollar state subsidy with him.

Comment

prepare for 5 more years of this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              prepare for 5 more years of this nonsense.
              I don't know if we can survive five more years of this nonsense? My thread is sarcastic and absurd but is what's taking place any better? How many more billions will be stolen by these crooks? I watch episodes of "Cops" and get all wrapped up as the bad guys get arrested for their petty crimes, meanwhile white collar criminals are doing as much or probably more damage with zero consequences.

Comment

No sense in giving back the billion--the Republicans will just give another billion in subsidy to the oil companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                  No sense in giving back the billion--the Republicans will just give another billion in subsidy to the oil companies.
                  Kid, between the special interest groups the republicans and democrats pander to, where do "we the people" fit in? Which is the right way to go, or the lesser of the two evils? I remember how arrogant and out of touch I felt President Bush was when I voted for President Obama, now I feel really stupid. The taxpayer money wasted on these green businesses should be accounted for, how dare President Obama say these things happen and leave it at that! I ask again, where do we folks figure into the equation when neither side has any positive results to show on the economy, jobs, trade, gov't waste, illegal immigration?

Comment

The mob don't take kindly to muscling in on their territory
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                      I actually agree with what you say, because that Oil belongs to us...the taxpayer. But your statement is kind of slanted because BOTH parties will not vote together to end it. Even if we did end it, who's to say Obama won't turn around and give that money to some other lobbyist or special interest group...we have no assurances of him doing the right thing and paying down the deficit. If you actually take the time and read Obama's book "dreams from my father", in his own words you will see who influenced him in life, and he absolutely believe in "spreading the wealth around". Everyone gets caught up in being loyal to a party regardless of how evil they are, but in the end we are our own worse enemy because of it. I could absolutely sit here and slam past Republicans because they didn't do the right thing, and I find that Democrats won't do that because they are afraid of the Democratic Machine. Even though I'm a staunch conservative, it doesn't mean I'm Republican...that group is just closest to my beliefs, and so are some moderate democrats. But the moderate Democrat is no more so...that creates a problem for me.

Remember, when Obama took office, he used creative words like "jobs bill"? He should of been truthful and said "bailout" instead...he would of gotten more respect for it.

Comment

There's a lot of politicians to be angry with, that's for sure; and there always has been, and surely will be. I'm a moderate Republican, and I'm NOT a party-line voter... I vote for the individual who I think is best for my country. That was, up until 2000, always a Republican.

This investment in solar energy has been perplexing. For all intents and purposes, it should have been a very good investment. But the realities are that solar energy is in direct competition with the petroleum business and therefore it simply isn't going to get any support from them. Subsequently forces would be in effect for solar's eventual doom.

You can't get a success there unless there is bonefide support from many different areas, and other than the "investment" in manufacturing, there hasn't been that support. Europe and Asia have made some serious progress with solar energy and especially in Germany, there has been some significant investment and payback. It appears that we simply are not that smart!

While we've seen plenty of building and re-building to "energy-efficient" standards, there is very little alternative energy used for most of those buildings. The preference is for the same old "fossil fuel" reliance. Largely because natural gas and oil are still the top fuel promotions... and despite all of our moaning and groaning about high fuel prices, our mindset is still focused on those sources of energy.

I see on CNBC this morning, that GM has "idled" its Chevy Volt production, and temporarily layed off around 1500 workers.... so I suppose we can all complain loudly about Obama's wasteful support of the auto industry too. At the moment of some of the worst fuel prices in history, GM has a surplus of these cars, it simply cannot move! But at $33,500, I guess it is not hard to see why. We just aren't going to go there, even with $4 per gallon gasoline.

As far as blaming Obama for the high fuel prices, that is just nuts and I guess you have no idea of either the history or the control of gasoline prices and why this is occuring. It absolutely does have something to do with Obama, as it did with Clinton... the manipulation is taking place because it is an election year, and the oil companies want to get that pipeline, they want to see their tax breaks and subsidies continue, and they want the EPA and all other regulations removed so they can have a completely free hand to do what they wish and make profit without conscious to the people or the environment. The Obama administration offers a threat to that, and if big oil and their supporters can drive the economy into the ground in order to change public opinion, then they will do so! We are seeing a repeat of 1999. The question is whether we're all going to simply deny the truth of this again.

The other factor is that if we want solar to succeed, we have got to make it simpler to get and we have to "market" it. We look at these things as being all or nothing. We either want to do our entire business office, industrial plant, or home and that is grossly expensive, with years or even decades to actually see a payback. We could however start off small and "grow" into it as we see success. I think we Americans have forgotten how to do that. If we can't have it all at once, then we will have none of it. Progress simply does not come that way, certainly not in the economic atmosphere that we are currently in.

Along with that goes the lack of marketing and plans to the average person. Solar energy is thought to be for only places like the Southwest and sunny Florida and even then, only for those with really deep pockets. Given that kind of knowledge, the business is bound to fail. I fully suspect that if I wanted to add solar to a few of my lesser power needs, I'd probably have to buy from China... I'd prefer NOT to do that... but where are U.S. made equivalents? I've talked to a couple of local people and their approach is to do my whole house or nothing at all. Not exactly affordable! I can clearly see why American panel companies are not successful. There's no marketing and the availability seems very blurred!

CWS
                        Last edited by CWSmith; 03-03-2012, 06:48 PM. Reason: typos and clarification

Comment

Working...
                        X