Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

When snow sledding have your kids wear a bike helmet!! Lives depend on it.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When snow sledding have your kids wear a bike helmet!! Lives depend on it.

As I sit in the emergency room (for 5 hours now waiting for the "experts" to finally show up) hoping my 4 year old granddaughter doesn't require brain surgery or lose an eye, I want to urge everyone to insist their kids, grandkids, and any kids at all to wear a bicycle helmet when snow sledding.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: When snow sledding have your kids wear a bike helmet!! Lives depend on it.

Hope it all works out. Prayers out to your granddaughter.

wookie

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
      As I sit in the emergency room (for 5 hours now waiting for the "experts" to finally show up) hoping my 4 year old granddaughter doesn't require brain surgery or lose an eye, I want to urge everyone to insist their kids, grandkids, and any kids at all to wear a bicycle helmet when snow sledding.
      I feel sorry for your granddaughter as you or whoever was the carer when this accident occured should have known better and not put this child in danger as you evidently have.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        I feel sorry for your granddaughter as you or whoever was the carer when this accident occured should have known better and not put this child in danger as you evidently have.

Tony
        That was rather harsh. I am sure no one feels worse than Geno right now. He was trying to pass on a lesson learned so others could avoid similar injuries to their loved ones. Show a little compassion.

Comment

Praying for your granddaughter Geno. I hope there are no permanent injuries and she recovers fully.

Thanks for passing on the lessons learned.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

gene, i hope everything is fine and it was just a wake up call to all.

joey and my friends laughed at me when i bought phoebe a life preserver when we went to the beach last summer. she was 11 months at the time and i wasn't going to take a chance for a mere $20.00 even though she never left my hands.

hopefully this year we get to the snow and she will have the helmet. thanks for reminding us all and sorry it had to come by first hand experience.

hope all is fine with your granddaughter.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

geno, prayers coming your way.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Geno,

I hope that everything go well and there are no long-term injuries. Children are amazingly tough, but we can never count on that. Life's injuries are only seconds away and our most precious ones need to be always guarded.

I've said a prayer for her, and wish the best for you all.

CWS

Comment

Geno, I join the others in their prayers and best wishes for your granddaughter's full recovery. I am all for safety precautions and the proper safety gear for the given activity but I have never seen adults or children wearing protective helmets when snowboarding or skiing unless they are in competition events.
                  I grew up rollerskating, bicycling riding and skateboarding without any protective gear. We have learned the value of protective gear over the years and I insisted my daughters wear a helmet when doing the things I mentioned, however I'm still in the dark when it comes to snowboarding. I don't believe you have anything to feel guilty about regarding her accident, furthermore unless she was riding with an adult who attempted hill or something to get them airborne, how could she have sustained such injuries? Please let us know how she is and stop applying hidesight, it serves no purpose. Frank

Comment

Accidents happen so fast it's not even funny. I have countless stories of myself, my kids, or others getting hurt, sometimes even after the dangerous activities are over. If I were to kick myself every time there was an injury, my kids would be in a hamster wheel.
                    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Kids will be kids and there is nothing you can do to protect them 100%, not even an armor suit. Too much protective gear sometimes takes the fun out of the fun things. Life is not a smooth ride everybody takes their lumps. I hope she recovers quickly.

Wishing all the best.

Comment

Sorry to hear Geno, hope everything is ok in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post

Tony
                          Wow.......................
                          26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
                            Wow.......................

Yeah..... I've thought for some time that AFM was possibly losing his marbles but this has just confirmed it

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              Yeah..... I've thought for some time that AFM was possibly losing his marbles but this has just confirmed it
                              Yeah, it was a harsh response but let's cut tony some slack until we know more. I'm thinking he might not be familiar with snowboarding here and assumed it was a blatantly careless and irresponsible event. We know better and place no blame.

Comment

Working...
                              X