Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

War with Iran?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • War with Iran?

    Just curious if you guys think that a war with iran is inevitable? I think it's just a matter of time until Israel decides to strike and I wonder if we wil get drawn into it? I've heard that china gets 20% of it's of from iran, I hope there is no way they join in. Frank

  • #2
    Re: War with Iran?

    Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Just curious if you guys think that a war with iran is inevitable? I think it's just a matter of time until Israel decides to strike and I wonder if we wil get drawn into it? I've heard that china gets 20% of it's of from iran, I hope there is no way they join in. Frank
    I love you guys but we are not coming to this party in Iran if I have to I`ll be demonstrating in the streets in Australia against it its just unwinable and only a fool would even think about go there or bombing it

    Tony

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: War with Iran?

      Don't worry. Israel will swoop in, leave a crater, and get the hell out before anyone even knows what happened.

      They done it before remember?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: War with Iran?

        Even though I'm a Veteran, my feelings have changed over the years regarding the middle east.

        Personally, I'm sick and tired of the United States meddling in middle east affairs, and we have no business trying to dictate policy over there. However, I'm torn over the possibility of Iran possessing a nuclear weapon, and I only want the United States getting involved if it actually posses a threat to our national security. Israel can handle themselves...so I'm not worried about that.

        Right now I'm more concerned where our country has been heading for the last 3 1/2 years, and the bigger threat to our way of life is right here at home imo.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: War with Iran?

          Originally posted by Flux View Post
          Even though I'm a Veteran, my feelings have changed over the years regarding the middle east.

          Personally, I'm sick and tired of the United States meddling in middle east affairs, and we have no business trying to dictate policy over there. However, I'm torn over the possibility of Iran possessing a nuclear weapon, and I only want the United States getting involved if it actually posses a threat to our national security. Israel can handle themselves...so I'm not worried about that.

          Right now I'm more concerned where our country has been heading for the last 3 1/2 years, and the bigger threat to our way of life is right here at home imo.
          Flux, I agree that our primary concern should be getting America's economy back on track. I hope the republicans decide on a candidate soon and beat the pants off of President Obama! I appreciate the responses since I think this thing with iran will involve a military solution.
          I am still curious if china could consider a military response if things get bad and we do get into a battle of somekind? Yes, Israel could do the job, but would it end there? We can't seem to catch a break! So many brave young Americans killed or wounded over the last few years as our economy also suffers along. Sure would be nice to have a few years of peace and prosperity to take care of those who have served, get the unemployed working and figure out all the other issues facing our country. Frank

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: War with Iran?

            Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Flux, I agree that our primary concern should be getting America's economy back on track. I hope the republicans decide on a candidate soon and beat the pants off of President Obama! I appreciate the responses since I think this thing with iran will involve a military solution.
            I am still curious if china could consider a military response if things get bad and we do get into a battle of somekind? Yes, Israel could do the job, but would it end there? We can't seem to catch a break! So many brave young Americans killed or wounded over the last few years as our economy also suffers along. Sure would be nice to have a few years of peace and prosperity to take care of those who have served, get the unemployed working and figure out all the other issues facing our country. Frank
            Frustrating!

            You have three candidates who are clamoring for war, one who has alluded to Nuking Iran, and another who has stated that he'd let Israel take the lead and we'd back them up. Then you have a President who is working very closely with our military planners and our allies and who fully knows the costs and who in this country will have to pay those costs. AND you guys can't wait to get him out of office!!!

            You also have an economy that is recovering, albeit slowly. I think that all of us here represent the middle class, and the top three candidates for the Presidency want to lower taxes on the rich and on corporations and at least two of these candidate's plans will raise the taxes on the lower end of the scale. The President wants to overall the tax plan to provide incentive to build American jobs, and take away the tax advantages of moving our jobs out of the country and you guys can't wait to get him out of the office!!!

            If you look at the nation's debt, you will find that we were higher in debt in 1944 than we are now. But between 1944 and 1980, that debt went down substantially and during most all of that period, America grew and almost anyone who wanted a job had one; and our country grew substantially.... thanks to much higher taxes on corporations and those who had earned higher economic status. Only when Reagan came into office and drastically reduced taxes to the rich and corporations did this country drop into debt and at that point our jobs started a massive export to foreign shores.... WHY? Because the profits from foreign investments aren't taxable. Since "Reagonomics" the rich have become substantially richer, the "poor" have grown dramatically, and the "middle-class" have shrunk historically. AND, all of the top Republican candidates want to reduce taxes further and at least one of them says that they want to eliminate taxes on American industry. And you guys can't wait to get them back into office!!!

            OKAY.... what am I missing here?

            CWS

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: War with Iran?

              Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
              Frustrating!

              You have three candidates who are clamoring for war, one who has alluded to Nuking Iran, and another who has stated that he'd let Israel take the lead and we'd back them up. Then you have a President who is working very closely with our military planners and our allies and who fully knows the costs and who in this country will have to pay those costs. AND you guys can't wait to get him out of office!!!

              You also have an economy that is recovering, albeit slowly. I think that all of us here represent the middle class, and the top three candidates for the Presidency want to lower taxes on the rich and on corporations and at least two of these candidate's plans will raise the taxes on the lower end of the scale. The President wants to overall the tax plan to provide incentive to build American jobs, and take away the tax advantages of moving our jobs out of the country and you guys can't wait to get him out of the office!!!

              If you look at the nation's debt, you will find that we were higher in debt in 1944 than we are now. But between 1944 and 1980, that debt went down substantially and during most all of that period, America grew and almost anyone who wanted a job had one; and our country grew substantially.... thanks to much higher taxes on corporations and those who had earned higher economic status. Only when Reagan came into office and drastically reduced taxes to the rich and corporations did this country drop into debt and at that point our jobs started a massive export to foreign shores.... WHY? Because the profits from foreign investments aren't taxable. Since "Reagonomics" the rich have become substantially richer, the "poor" have grown dramatically, and the "middle-class" have shrunk historically. AND, all of the top Republican candidates want to reduce taxes further and at least one of them says that they want to eliminate taxes on American industry. And you guys can't wait to get them back into office!!!

              OKAY.... what am I missing here?

              CWS
              CWS, you are dead on with your assessment of the republicans but refuse to shed the same light on the democrats and President Obama!
              If the rich are getting richer under the republicans who benefits under President Obama and the democrats? The President did not do a dam thing to improve the economy and jobs in my opinion. American dollars and lives still lost in wars, big talk on green jobs and billions of taxpayer dollars lost to crooks endorsed by our leader. The dems passed a healthcare bill using same dirty tricks as the republicans and it will be paid for by us, the middle class. Exactly how are we better off now than under President Bush? 16 trillion in debt, no jobs, no trade balance, nothing on illegal immigration, no balancing the budget or stop overspending, no transparency. Yes, the republicans helped the rich and did not stop the outsourcing, did nothing on all those issues I criticized the democrats for failing to fix. Why should we stick with President Obama, and how much worse off will we be in another four years? In my opinion the grand speeches are worthless, we needed change we did not get. I expect if the republicans win the Presidency they will do much the same as in the past and we will see them get booted out as well. What choice for change and results do we the middle class have? Did I miss something with either party? The country is failing, cities are failing, people are losing their jobs and homes, what am I not seeing?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: War with Iran?

                Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                CWS, you are dead on with your assessment of the republicans but refuse to shed the same light on the democrats and President Obama!
                If the rich are getting richer under the republicans who benefits under President Obama and the democrats? The President did not do a dam thing to improve the economy and jobs in my opinion. American dollars and lives still lost in wars, big talk on green jobs and billions of taxpayer dollars lost to crooks endorsed by our leader. The dems passed a healthcare bill using same dirty tricks as the republicans and it will be paid for by us, the middle class. Exactly how are we better off now than under President Bush? 16 trillion in debt, no jobs, no trade balance, nothing on illegal immigration, no balancing the budget or stop overspending, no transparency. Yes, the republicans helped the rich and did not stop the outsourcing, did nothing on all those issues I criticized the democrats for failing to fix. Why should we stick with President Obama, and how much worse off will we be in another four years? In my opinion the grand speeches are worthless, we needed change we did not get. I expect if the republicans win the Presidency they will do much the same as in the past and we will see them get booted out as well. What choice for change and results do we the middle class have? Did I miss something with either party? The country is failing, cities are failing, people are losing their jobs and homes, what am I not seeing?
                Those are raindrops falling, Frank--NOT the sky!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: War with Iran?

                  Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                  Those are raindrops falling, Frank--NOT the sky!!
                  Kid, it's all fun and games till someone loses and eye! Seriously though, for a lot of folks it is the sky falling. Oh, and the price of gas is going up!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: War with Iran?

                    Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                    Frustrating!

                    You have three candidates who are clamoring for war, one who has alluded to Nuking Iran, and another who has stated that he'd let Israel take the lead and we'd back them up. Then you have a President who is working very closely with our military planners and our allies and who fully knows the costs and who in this country will have to pay those costs. AND you guys can't wait to get him out of office!!!

                    You also have an economy that is recovering, albeit slowly. I think that all of us here represent the middle class, and the top three candidates for the Presidency want to lower taxes on the rich and on corporations and at least two of these candidate's plans will raise the taxes on the lower end of the scale. The President wants to overall the tax plan to provide incentive to build American jobs, and take away the tax advantages of moving our jobs out of the country and you guys can't wait to get him out of the office!!!

                    If you look at the nation's debt, you will find that we were higher in debt in 1944 than we are now. But between 1944 and 1980, that debt went down substantially and during most all of that period, America grew and almost anyone who wanted a job had one; and our country grew substantially.... thanks to much higher taxes on corporations and those who had earned higher economic status. Only when Reagan came into office and drastically reduced taxes to the rich and corporations did this country drop into debt and at that point our jobs started a massive export to foreign shores.... WHY? Because the profits from foreign investments aren't taxable. Since "Reagonomics" the rich have become substantially richer, the "poor" have grown dramatically, and the "middle-class" have shrunk historically. AND, all of the top Republican candidates want to reduce taxes further and at least one of them says that they want to eliminate taxes on American industry. And you guys can't wait to get them back into office!!!

                    OKAY.... what am I missing here?

                    CWS
                    Your missing the fact that Asia was a basket case just after WW11 and the winner takes all no we the so called western world have pissed all the advantages we had up against the wall thats what arrogance does and we had it in spades

                    Tony

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: War with Iran?

                      Originally posted by AFM View Post
                      Your missing the fact that Asia was a basket case just after WW11 and the winner takes all no we the so called western world have pissed all the advantages we had up against the wall thats what arrogance does and we had it in spades

                      Tony
                      Tony, I agree with you in part, but to be fair you need to see the big picture. Along with our arrogance if you will, we also saw the advancement of minorities including women. There have been many more people getting better educations and living better lives. Yes, the bubble burst thanks to government overspending, irresponsible spending and debt by individuals and a whole host of other reasons.
                      I would caution you to not pin a medal on communist china's chest because it is very easy to see the kind of cost savings and growth they have experienced when they crush or control their populace like live stock! We may have squandered our freedoms somewhat but can you imagine life in communist china? They don't have to worry about being arrogant, or anything other than compliant. Frank

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: War with Iran?

                        I say we go in now. What the hell, it will give folks something to think about other than the total financial collapse of our economy.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: War with Iran?

                          Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                          OKAY.... what am I missing here?

                          CWS
                          So what is Obama going to do with that money he taxes from the rich? Why didn't you talk about that and where that extra money is going to go towards?

                          If your answer is the "deficit", I have a bridge to sell you in Philadelphia.

                          Taking from the rich to give to another group of people in this country is communism. Raising taxes creates jobs? Do you really want to go down this road?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: War with Iran?

                            Originally posted by Flux View Post
                            So what is Obama going to do with that money he taxes from the rich? Why didn't you talk about that and where that extra money is going to go towards?

                            If your answer is the "deficit", I have a bridge to sell you in Philadelphia.

                            Taking from the rich to give to another group of people in this country is communism. Raising taxes creates jobs? Do you really want to go down this road?
                            Raising taxes on the rich will not in my opinion help the deficit, and lowering taxes on the rich will not create jobs either. The rich are not the problem or solution! We have a government that did nothing to stop the outsourcing of millions of jobs and the illegal immigration of millions into our country, while it kept going further into debt! There is a lot of guilt to be spread around, a lot of people who need to be held accountable. Why is it no one wants to man up? Not the corporate folks who sought a better return on their business by moving elsewhere, not the middle class that racked up all sorts of debt and filed bankruptsy or forced foreclosures on homes they could not afford, and lastly not the "poor" white and black alike who refused to limit the size of their families while they added to the taxpayers burden. Plenty of guilt to go around.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: War with Iran?

                              Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              Raising taxes on the rich will not in my opinion help the deficit, and lowering taxes on the rich will not create jobs either.
                              Frank we both know raising taxes won't even put a ding into the deficit, so why are the democrats desperately trying to raise taxes? What are they going to do with that money? "We the people" have every right to ask our government where "exactly" our tax dollars are going towards. We never get a straight answer out of the Democrats on this issue, but they have a track record that speaks volumes of what they would do with that money.

                              How do you know lowering taxes doesn't create jobs? What facts are you basing this on? Take corporations out of the equations and focus on small businesses when you say that statement. Wait until Obamacare goes into effect and watch how it's going to hurt small businesses.

                              I agree that there is guilt to go around to both parties, but at least Republicans want you to have a pay check at the end of the week. if we left it up to democrats..they would send you a bill at the end of the work week. I'm not in favor of any political group that wishes to just "take" my hard earn money so they can just give it away to some other group of people. Maybe if I was just an employee I might think differently (I highly doubt it), but being a business owner...you have a whole different perspective on things, and handing the government money so they can blow it...is not something people are too fond of.

                              Capitalism works Frank, and unfortunately I agree with you on "Wall street" moving jobs out of this country...the Government can't ever stop them (thats communism), but they could of persuaded them not too..and they didn't.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X