X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting your home n loved ones

We live in a nice community. We are experiencing day time burglarizes for the 1 st time. I have great neighbors,and repair many homes in My hood. This is what I find. Rear gates are most often unlocked, or they have a string release or slide bolt at the top. I install a slide bolt 1/2 gate height down inside. Tall Guys can't reach it. Cheap pad locks, good.Give single gals N widows a $5.50 can [ OSH] of BLACK FLAG WASP + HORNET SPRAY. Keep beside bed, another on Kitchen counter. INTRUDER ,SPRAY IN EYES,OUT OF HOUSE! Cops will pick them up at hospital,for sure! Unlike mace 8-10ft range this sprays 29 ft. of white snot. I have the Gals spray a tree of fence in their yard. I have a single Mom with 2 collage daughters as a customer. I always say You pay Me for the slide bolts I'll do the labor for free.I installed to lower slide bolts about 2 months ago for Her. Got a beautiful letter thanking Me last week. They robbed 3 of Her neighbors homes about 10 days ago! Daughters sleep much better these nights. Attended a community meeting with our county sheriffs+local police. Around 11 am when family s are gone to school and work the bad guys do this. Ring bell knock +hard.You answer "is John smith home?" Don't answer,they go through rear gate,kick in rear door grab TV , apple products, favorite. FROM COPS ALWAYS LET THEM KNOW SOMEONES HOME! Otherwise they're in Your home 5 minutes later! I tell little gals, Slam a door near front door or drop a metal pot lid, they won't know it's a gal.
    Last edited by toolaholic; 03-18-2012, 01:37 PM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Protecting your home n loved ones

Tool, this picture pretty much describes my feelings on home protection.

Comment

This old Marine Sgt. Has Lots of Iron. Here's the problem, We are both gone to work
      during the day! These perps are coming a distance from the Gettos during the day!
      Our community is $600,000 to $900,000 homes. Mom and I are both shooters!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Good thread ! Some folks find this kind of conversation unpleasant, similar to discussing death and wills. I find it a necessary one to have if you hope to avoid or survive a life threatening situation. I have learned that being prepared even if you are home means having a plan or routine and having it as second nature. I know of home invasions with people at home during daylight hours, this means you need to be at the ready.

When our doorbell rings in the evening, I have my wife answer it as I stand out of sight tactical knife in hand and ready to go for the shotgun if necessary. Folks who assume they live in a good neighborhood and are safe are their own worst enemy. I see people in really nice homes with no curtains or shades drawn at night, giving the bad guys a good picture of who is home. I also have outside lights wired to dusk to dawn electric eyes so the lights automatically go on when it gets dark out. Compact fluorescent bulbs keep the cost of outside lights at a minimum. well worth the price to keep the bad guys well lit.

Caught a little of "doomsday bunkers" tv show on discovery. There are people seriously preparing for violent times, don't know if it will be necessary but better safe than sorry.

Comment

Until about a year ago I never locked a single door on the house or the cars. Left my car keys on the floor of the van. Lately thanks to all the local break in's, I've been locking things up. I hate having to do that. I hate even more having to think that way but times are changing and will no doubt get worse. I own more guns than anyone in their right mind should own but then, I've never been accused of being in my right mind. I always have collected guns. I like them and never really thought about having to use them to defend the homestead but I guess I could I need be. So, I've been buying ammo lately. Not foot lockers full mind you. I don't see the need to get that carried away but I have enough on hand should it be needed. I've had a concealed carry permit for almost 40 years also and truthfully can't remember when the last time I used it was. Still not sure I would carry even now. Again, I hate having to think like that. As for the doomsday preppers; there's one born every second.
          sigpic

Comment

My kids live in Az. near the Mexico border. They are well prepared. They have had no problems or even close to any. Of course, they have their property fenced in and have four (4) Great Pyrenee dogs inside the fence!

Comment

pretty much what happened to joey and 3 month old phoebe on black friday when joey and phoebe were home alone.

he never got in and joey grabbed phoebe and ran out.

good thing is he left a good print on the window and with joey keeping on the lapd to run the prints, they caught him.

same m.o. as you described tool.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

i found that this works pretty good keeping the bad guys out............
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SEWERRAT66 View Post
                  Not bad, but can they top this level of intimidation?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SEWERRAT66 View Post
                    True. The only thing better than A dog is 2 dogs.
                    Last edited by Bob D.; 03-19-2012, 04:31 PM.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

If you get in my house and im not home i have Rosie and we will find you before the police do
                      If you come in my house when im home Rosie will lick you to until i beat the crap out of you
                      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        pretty much what happened to joey and 3 month old phoebe on black friday when joey and phoebe were home alone.

he never got in and joey grabbed phoebe and ran out.

good thing is he left a good print on the window and with joey keeping on the lapd to run the prints, they caught him.

same m.o. as you described tool.

rick.
                        I'm so sorry Joey has that memory. How about a good sized dog? Phoebe would love a dog, I'm sure.

Comment

Here is my solution,

Attached Files
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

The Wasp spray thing is a good idea. Makes me wonder if the criminal would come back and sue you though. Our justice system is pretty messed up.

Also.. some pretty good security systems are very affordable with wireless technology these days. Knowing the cops are on the way tends to make burglars nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              The Wasp spray thing is a good idea. Makes me wonder if the criminal would come back and sue you though. Our justice system is pretty messed up.

Also.. some pretty good security systems are very affordable with wireless technology these days. Knowing the cops are on the way tends to make burglars nervous.
                              I enrolled Mom and I in a police Pepper spray course and License many years ago. Police said we will NEVER 2 nd Guess a Gal spraying a Guy. If He's On Your Property You're covered. Beth will have Her Pistol in the other hand !

Comment

Working...
                              X