X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shoulder

Has anyone had a total shoulder replacenent and a reverse shoulder operation as I had my rotator cuff repaired on my right arm a couple of years ago but have torn it again and cannot be repaired I have also lost the cartilege at the top of my arm where it enters the socket in my shoulder and its bone on bone and it really hurts when I raise my arm and my orthopaedic surgeon tells me it is the only way to fix this problem.

Tony

Re: New Shoulder

Tony, a friend of mine had a total shoulder done two years ago. He was fifty six years old at the time of the surgery. I know results vary depending on age and other things but he is doing great! He is the kind of guy who will push himself to rehabilitate, really work hard through the pain. He also maintains a reasonable body weight, not that it should matter as much with the shoulder compared to having hip or knee replacement. Do you know of other people who have had the same surgeon? Best of luck. Frank

Comment

I've had a total shoulder replacement but it was not a reverse. It started out as a partial but because of the damage it ended up a total. Because it was already started as a partial they could not switch to a reverse.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I've had a total shoulder replacement but it was not a reverse. It started out as a partial but because of the damage it ended up a total. Because it was already started as a partial they could not switch to a reverse.

Mark
        So how did it go Mark how long was recovery and how much pain was there and what can you do with your arm and what carn`t you do as I have badlly torn my rotator cuff at the top of my shoulder and cannot be repaired again and lost most of the cartilege where the top of the arm where shoulder meets my surgeon is talking about a reverse shoulder operation as the rotator cuff that holds my upper arm in place is stuffed

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          So how did it go Mark how long was recovery and how much pain was there and what can you do with your arm and what carn`t you do as I have badlly torn my rotator cuff at the top of my shoulder and cannot be repaired again and lost most of the cartilege where the top of the arm where shoulder meets my surgeon is talking about a reverse shoulder operation as the rotator cuff that holds my upper arm in place is stuffed

Tony
          Mine was a little different as I had developed a frozen shoulder as a result of my ladder accident. The surgeon has done thousands of shoulder replacements and he asked me to continue coming back for check ups as it was the best replacement he had ever done. Recovery was painful but not much worse than the pain from the frozen shoulder. Within 3-months I had about 90% use of my shoulder.

My wife Brenda had a torn rotator cuff which they called a bald eagle. The top was completely missing. They were able to repair 90% of it but not all of it. She is five months out of surgery and has zero use of her shoulder. They have told her PT will no longer help so they are going to watch it for a year. If it does not start to improve she will need a new shoulder.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
          X