X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Natural? A Matter of Opinion

Over the years I've eaten a lot of icecream. Since I'm health conscious I usually go for all natural Well, I just read that my breyers all natural chocolate has "tara gum" in it and while it comes from a tree I don't want it in my icecream! We tried a less fattening "slow churned" variety but that had propylene glycol in it (anti-freeze). Why can't they just leave icecream alone?

Re: All Natural? A Matter of Opinion

There is not day that goes by where someone is saying that you shouldn`t eat this or that or go out in the sun well I like full cream milk and plenty of salt in my butter I like medium rare meat and lots of mashed potatoes beer is another one my sins icecream if I tastes nice I will eat it and if it has anti-freeze in it who cares as I don`t inspect every thing I buy at the supermarket I haven`t got the time and who wants to live to vary old age where someone else is wiping your ***.

Tony

Comment

You have to make your own. They put that stuff in there so that you don't get a tub full of mush as it sits in the warehouse and store.
      sigpic

Comment

Propylene glycol is in a disturbing number of products, including some national brands of dry dog food
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Frank, did you ask Michelle Obama if you're allowed to eat ice cream?

Comment

No....Only she is allowed to eat ice cream and junk food. didn't you get the memo?

I've sort of grown to enjoy the taste of anti freeze and other petroleum products over the years. We should all be pretty well lubricated by now
            sigpic

Comment

Frank, You know youshouldn't be eating all that fat producing food! How are you going to climb that pole with that spare tire?

Comment

Not a health professional but its " better " to go with homemade ice cream, unsalted butter is fresher than salted, saqlt is a preservative. they can use older cream to make the butter. Medium rare beef is not so bad if its GRASS fed, way mo better 4 U.

wookie

Comment

I don't have a huge gut theses days , but climbing poles is out of the question, bad knees and too dizzy from menieres disease! I'm not a fan of Michelle Obama, but in general kids and adults need to be more physical and eat better in my opinion (myself and my icecream not included!) Proplyene glycol(antifreeze) is in all sorts of foods, drinks, and medications, not a good idea in my opinion.

Comment

Well, you younger guys can worry about what "poison" is in what foods, but for me, I will turn 80 in a few months and I am going to eat the food I like and enjoy every bite of it as long as I can. I am not a believer in searching for the "right" things to eat so I can spend four or five more months in a nursing home. I have done OK by what I eat so far (The only medication I take is a baby aspirin) so I see no need to change. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Come on Kid, you got another 80 to go if you're careful! Just stop eating everything that either tastes good or makes you feel good I'm not sure if you're even allowed to eat bad and die anymore? I plan on living in a nursing home as soon as possible, no more cooking, shoveling snow, just a bunch of hot mature babes and me! Ah, liv'in the dream.........

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        Come on Kid, you got another 80 to go if you're careful! Just stop eating everything that either tastes good or makes you feel good I'm not sure if you're even allowed to eat bad and die anymore? I plan on living in a nursing home as soon as possible, no more cooking, shoveling snow, just a bunch of hot mature babes and me! Ah, liv'in the dream.........
                        If you don't have that now, you missed the boat someplace!!

Comment

Since the designer names like Breyers, Dryers, the BJ boys, etc., cut their 1/2 gallon containers by 25% and raising their prices by 25% we quit buying them. Luckily, about the same time, Blue Bell became available in the Phoenix area. Still a real half gallon and no anti-freeze. Does contain some Vegetable Gums. Trouble is that its so good that the company's employees eat all they can, and only sell what's left over. You can check them out here: Blue Bell Ice Cream
                          If you're feeling decadent you can order some on line and they will ship it to you: How to Order
                          Air freight makes it a little pricey, but what the hey, you've earned it.
                          Last edited by ArizonaPlumber; 03-24-2012, 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                          X