Skills USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skills USA

So last Friday they held most of the statewide skills competitions. It was a new venue for us and a completely new project that none of us had ever seen before. Usually, I have a bit of an idea how the kids do but this year I was pretty much clueless. Anyway, they held the medal ceremonies this afternoon. I thought maybe we would take a silver but................We took bronze, silver and GOLD! Unfreekin believable. I was speechless..... Not only that but I coached two kids in cabinet making and they went silver and gold also....What an afternoon.
    sigpic

Re: Skills USA

Congratulations!! After spending many years in VICA (predecessor of Skills) I know how stiff the competition is and how challenging the contests are. You should be very proud of your students and also of your teaching. Good luck at Nationals.

Comment

make sure to get them prepared for the next ridgid roundup.

i'll show them how the old timers can still kick some butt

good job with your students
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick. Do you think Ridgid is going to do the round up this year?
        sigpic

Comment

I wish Ridgid would do a round up near Pennsylvania.

We rarely have any type of Plumbing expo or any type of gathering in our area.

Comment

Well, now comes the tricky bit. Raising enough money to get the kid out to Kansas City......................
            sigpic

Comment

congratulations on the placings in the contest
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
              X