Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LONE SURVIVOR BY Marcus Luttrell

Best book I've ever read !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: LONE SURVIVOR BY Marcus Luttrell

Why?

Seriously, I'm not familiar with either the book or the author; but I'd be interested in what the story line is and what you liked about it.

I mostly read history and on my second read of Churchill's History of the Second World War, currently the middle of volume four of the six volume series. But, I do like "survival" stories, especially if they are accounts of real life situations. "Survival" is one of mankind's greatest challenges, where accident and calamity often call for raw courage, tanacity, and great skill and often stealth.

Fill us in,

CWS

Comment

Answer, Marcus is one of 4 seals[ seal team 10] on a barren mountain side in Afghanistan. They are there to kill one of the most successful bomb makers the Taliban has. They are pinned down by a force of 200. 3 seals die valiantly. Killing over 100 of the enemy! Aug.6 2011 22 Seals in a CH-47 Helo are killed trying to rescue them. Marcus earns a Navy cross,and the respect of a nation.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tool,

Thanks! Sounds to me like a book worth looking for.

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X