X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's a good LED flashlight?

So Joe...what LED flashlight did you finally decide to purchase?

Cactus Man

Comment

I think I might end up with a couple.

Mag lites are good for keeping around the house and camp, and we have a virtually unlimited supply of AA batteries, so a couple mini models would probably serve us well. Last mag lite I had was a mini with a tiny incandescent bulb.

I really like the C4 right angle light suggested by Ace, and would probably opt for the non-rechargeable option. I can see having one of these in my workshop or by where we keep our emergency preparedness gear. In case I have to lug my generator out and hook it up, or deal with the aftermath of a wind storm, this would probably be the better option.

Comment

I always use a stream light led "stinger". Plugs into the truck and lasts forever.

Comment

Nowadays there are a lot of flashlights which impress with their quality and performance. Many companies produce various LED flashlight and sometimes we think what light is better or even the best. Recently I have had an experience with Armytek company and its products. A month ago I purchased Armytek Predator 670 lumens and happy that this light met all my needs. I really like using rechargeable 18650's.

Comment

I got a really great flashlight from the NRA when I renewed last time. It took the three AAA's in a little adaptor. I wanted to go with the 18650 Lithium Ion too. I found there are two different sizes of the 18650. The longer one has a built in charge regulator. The NRA light won't accept the longer one, so I ordered one of those CREE lights from Amazon for about $8.00. I love it and the recharge batts fit nicely. The adjustment takes it from a flood to a very small bright rectangle and you can see a long way with it.
            Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

those new dewalt led flashlights in 12v and 20v are extremely bright. I catch myself grabbing the 12v over a 4d maglight all the time

Comment

for my tool belt i have a duracell daylight 160 lumen 4 watt led (very brigtht)
                98683997 Duracell Daylite 160-Lumens, 4-Watt LED Flashlight - Hard Anodized Aircraft Grade Aluminum, Water Resistant 074196006832 - NothingButSoftware.com
                and for my truck the coleman max
                Coleman Max Ultra High Power Aluminum LED Flashlight Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products - Walmart

the max lights in the review uses aa batteries and aaa but the one i have uses d batteries and is bright enough to use as a spotlight.
                ive watched deer at night on the hill behind our house with it nearly 600 yards away (very bright light)
                shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Working...
                X