What's a good LED flashlight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's a good LED flashlight?

So Joe...what LED flashlight did you finally decide to purchase?

Cactus Man

Comment

I think I might end up with a couple.

Mag lites are good for keeping around the house and camp, and we have a virtually unlimited supply of AA batteries, so a couple mini models would probably serve us well. Last mag lite I had was a mini with a tiny incandescent bulb.

I really like the C4 right angle light suggested by Ace, and would probably opt for the non-rechargeable option. I can see having one of these in my workshop or by where we keep our emergency preparedness gear. In case I have to lug my generator out and hook it up, or deal with the aftermath of a wind storm, this would probably be the better option.

Comment

I always use a stream light led "stinger". Plugs into the truck and lasts forever.

Comment

Nowadays there are a lot of flashlights which impress with their quality and performance. Many companies produce various LED flashlight and sometimes we think what light is better or even the best. Recently I have had an experience with Armytek company and its products. A month ago I purchased Armytek Predator 670 lumens and happy that this light met all my needs. I really like using rechargeable 18650's.

Comment

I got a really great flashlight from the NRA when I renewed last time. It took the three AAA's in a little adaptor. I wanted to go with the 18650 Lithium Ion too. I found there are two different sizes of the 18650. The longer one has a built in charge regulator. The NRA light won't accept the longer one, so I ordered one of those CREE lights from Amazon for about $8.00. I love it and the recharge batts fit nicely. The adjustment takes it from a flood to a very small bright rectangle and you can see a long way with it.

Comment

those new dewalt led flashlights in 12v and 20v are extremely bright. I catch myself grabbing the 12v over a 4d maglight all the time

Comment

for my tool belt i have a duracell daylight 160 lumen 4 watt led (very brigtht)
                98683997 Duracell Daylite 160-Lumens, 4-Watt LED Flashlight - Hard Anodized Aircraft Grade Aluminum, Water Resistant 074196006832 - NothingButSoftware.com
                and for my truck the coleman max
                Coleman Max Ultra High Power Aluminum LED Flashlight Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products - Walmart

the max lights in the review uses aa batteries and aaa but the one i have uses d batteries and is bright enough to use as a spotlight.
                ive watched deer at night on the hill behind our house with it nearly 600 yards away (very bright light)
                shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

In my opinion, purchasing of any product depends on your requirement. LED flashlights come with different lumens to determine the intensity of light. You have to judge the magnitude of lumens for picking up the right one that can solve your purpose.

For further details, you should ask an expert or contact the store.

Comment

Amazons Nebo Slyde light, it's a 250 lumen light that slides open to a 190 lumen work light $24. It's not rechargeable but it's still nice and it my go to when I'm trouble shooting.
                    Last edited by Mightyservant; 04-04-2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X