X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My New Hobby - Screwing With Telemarketer

Next call from Gold, Here's what a Guy from Boston would do. Make Your appt. for interior painting.
    Inside the front door set up a card table with Hand guns, ammo , Cleaning Kit. Have some old
    Frank Sinatra love songs Playing. Be dressed in full tilt drag, heavy eye liner. Make sure You're alone with the door a Little a jar. When You hear the knock, Just say " Come on in BIG BOY" ! Please post on U Tube.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Next call from Gold, Here's what a Guy from Boston would do. Make Your appt. for interior painting.
      Inside the front door set up a card table with Hand guns, ammo , Cleaning Kit. Have some old
      Frank Sinatra love songs Playing. Be dressed in full tilt drag, heavy eye liner. Make sure You're alone with the door a Little a jar. When You hear the knock, Just say " Come on in BIG BOY" ! Please post on U Tube.
      Sounds like a normal day at my house.

Comment

Comment

Anyone use a Digitone call blocker 10? or similar?

Another brand is Globalinx communicator

They claim to eliminate robot calls and the calls that the "do not call list" seems to
          allow fall through the cracks.

I get Rachel from card-member services calling 2-5 times a day!
          I've spoken to a live person but when you tell them to stop calling they hang up
          You ask to speak to a supervisor they hang up etc...
          This is a huge scam operation and the feds seem impotent

Now a days we also get bombarded with the political robot calls!
          I already know how I plan to vote and I don't need a screaming voice over
          the telephone to influence me and my vote!

In the same vein are the junk mail charities ...You give one time and you're marked for life.
          We are animal lovers so obviously we wanted to support the Humane society...
          Well they now won't stop bothering us!

We sent a donation and every day we get mail from them and offering tote bags and hats and
          blankets if we donate again/more...I figure they used up our donation in printing, advertising, junk gifts
          and postage three times over....We requested they stop sending us stuff as we no longer
          want to support them..but no! we seem to now get even more crap from them!

then all charities sell your name as " a live one" and we receive all sorts of weird charities requesting
          a donation.....

We give to the USO and Disabled American Veterans and even they seem to be sending us crap every few weeks!

Cactus Man

Comment

My fiance and I keep getting door to door salesman wanting to upgrade our windows, siding, roof, toilets, light switches... you name it they want to replace it. The first time i was nice and told the guy that we wern't interested and that I would be doing the work my self. So naturally that was the open invitation start bugging me about what project I wanted to do next because they SPECALIZE in selling materials to DIY'ers, still not interseted. After 10 minutes of being polite I gave up on that plan and became a jerk and told him to go away.

The next time really pissed me off because they came while I was at work and wouldnt leave until my fiance was pressured into making a FREE NO OBLIGATION estimate for work we told them we didnt want. ( they never showed up for the meeting.)

The only time I wasnt pestered for more than a minute was the other day when they guy came to the door and I answered it covered in drywall dust. He got the clue pretty fast that I wasnt interested.

Aside from having to shower afterward, I'm considering keeping a bag of drywall dust next to my front door so I can be "in the middle of working on a project" whenever they come by...

Comment

My Nice's funny Son. He engages telemarketers on the Phone asking the right Questions." Wait a minute, My Dads 80 and I need to check Him in the bathtub ." Then He curses the non existent father, Saying if it wasn't for His S.S. Check, He'd put
              Him out in the street. Then He makes slapping sounds like He's slapping the old Man around. He also doubles as the old Man asking for Mercy. Then He apologizes for the interruption. He said He Has really upset a lot of folks. Makes Me miss Boston.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Hmm... I share the same sentiment. I never bother getting mad with these telemarketers before but after I started receiving ending sales calls, I realized we shouldn't be too nice at them because if we were, that'd would encourage them to call us repetitively, thinking we're potential customers.

Comment

My wife's new ploy is to pick up the phone and listen to the recorded message, waiting for the part where they say if you want to be taken off their list press a particular number. She's going about it very systematically. She hasn't tried to recruit me to her scheme because she knows I don't have such patience.

Comment

Update, while Ben was here visiting today, I received another call offering construction work. I scheduled another driveway estimate.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I could yell at this young girl from VODAPHONE the other day. Told her I understood she was just trying to make anhonest earn. Did tell her how SH1t VODA is though.
                      Also one told a mortgage consultant that I couldnt make an appointment becasue the police were at teh door to take me to prison for embezzeling millions of $$$$$. Said my house was being reposessed as proceeds of crime bla bla bla. I had to hang up becasue the person was waitng to hear audio of what I was BSing about.
                      Do not call register - just authenticates phone numbers.
                      My mate asks for the team leader and asks for a postal address. They ask why and he says he is going to send an invoice for his valuable time that they are wasting trying to sell or other without his consent.
                      Another ex-client used to get vulgar and used lude suggestions. Couldnt do this becasue I am a little more understanding and respectful of my fellow human beings. Mind you lately they hang up in my ear, dont know why...............!!!

Comment

Okay it is obviously one big circle. I had the same company that I started this thread about come out and give me another estimate to do the same driveway again. This time it was just shy of $12,000. If they kept better records they would already know I had shown them the door before.

Mark

Comment

I just got another call from "Delta Remodeling" (last one was Gold Remodeling) with the same pitch. When I asked for their contractors number they hung up. That is less than an hour from when the first guy left.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            I just got another call from "Delta Remodeling" (last one was Gold Remodeling) with the same pitch. When I asked for their contractors number they hung up. That is less than an hour from when the first guy left.

Mark
                            I think the truth is out now--your real name isn't Mark, it is "Patsy".

Comment

IF I don't know who is calling, I let the answering machine take it. People can leave a message if it's important, I refuse to speak to telemarketers or scammers. Anyone approaching me on my property is politely told I am not interested, unless they are in distress.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                                IF I don't know who is calling, I let the answering machine take it. People can leave a message if it's important, I refuse to speak to telemarketers or scammers. Anyone approaching me on my property is politely told I am not interested, unless they are in distress.
                                That would be pretty tough on business.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X