X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Reps

Open question, how often do you see or catch up with your Ridgid Reps. I know one bloke here got a call the other day, god he thought he had won the lottery. Mind you is was the useless one trying to upsell i believe. amazing how he tries hard to sell the wrong thing to the wrong guy. Then again it doesnt surprise me going on how lazy he is. Wonder whether he will ever knock on my door.............!!!!!

Re: Ridgid Reps

I use to buy from the supply houses, they bought from the reps. Over here, you almost never see them unless you want a demo or the four times a year they go to the supply houses.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

ran into my rep/ max at a local drain cleaning supply house last week.

otherwise at all the local trade shows i can run into 4-8 at a time.

of course nothing like seeing them in ohio at the roundups.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

As I keep saying to you Rick and all of the others, you guys are so lucky. We would love to have a roundup, even if Ridgid put it on once every ten years. SO maybe we could resort to the other post and get a petition together to get Ridgid Australia to put on a " ROUND-UP DOWN-UNDER". You know they havent realised the potential waiting to be unleashed. MAybe we should petition Rothenburger. after all their rep used to be our RIDGID Rep many moons ago. I reckon Johnny Kris would have some promotion funds and then there are the wholesalers too. Maybe as a suggestion to our rep he should start to get familiar with the wholesalers again.

Comment

sign me up for the roundup downunder

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

i vote that RIDGID puts Rick on the payroll for a week at a down under round up. at the least an appearance fee.

Comment

Now if BIG JOE was to consult his business plan he could stick his hand in his pocket and get the round-up happening. God damn if he cant see th advantage it has over there with you guys he must be blind. Then again I think he is blind becasue he believes that his reps are out there getting results. maybe one day he will open his eyes and see reality, or maybe not. Anyhow I reckon a round-up would have to be the biggest event we have seen in tradesmen history downunder. Think about it joe, maybe we could teach the reps a thing or two along the way.
              Hey Tony AFM, what do you think.............????????????????????????

Comment

Hi Cleanmen2, the idea is you should be able to see a RIDGID salesman anytime you want for a product demonstration or discussion. We have a number of direct employees in Australia. Of course, it is a big place and our guys cover a lot of ground so the chances of "running into them" may in fact be low. However, if you want to arrange a meeting it shouldn't be an issue. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. I moved to Asia last year so my interest in how we are doing in this part of the world is high. As for the Australian Roundup, anything is possible. Do you have hand-shockers and go karts Down Under? That last part is for Rick...

Comment

Sorry PRO I thought I had replied to your post. yes we SHOULDbe able to see a RIDGID REP anytime. Fact is we have the LAZIEST ones in the UNIVERSE. They know that RIDGID sells itself and do what it takes to keep Joe happy. I am not saying they fudge their reports but.......................!!!! . When it comes to warranty, well thats where we lock horns everytime. RIDGID doesnt fail, Its ALWAYS the PLUMBERS FAULT. And the assessor, Tony AFM can tell you I am not BSing. I recently got something from the states through a local distributor. My LD is a total screw-up. Changed the code I ordered and sent me old model. Now been talking with Manufacturer who is concerned enough to work with me toimprove product for Aussie market. I am not a freak but if something goes wrong for me, it will generally happen more than once over here. So I get back to the LAZIEST REP OF the UNIVERSE. He hates PLUMBERS and believes we are all LIARS. Darfe I suggest the old saying of "be wary of GREEKS bearing gifts." I am not racist but I tell you now I know many of his countrymen who try on warranty after tinkering. They stuff it up and try to rip off warranty. If he knew his job in the first instance and understood the tools he is "supposed" to sell and talked to us properly we could give RIDGID invaluable feedback and free R&D. Sorry mate, lazy bones is not accessible.

Comment

Working...
                  X