• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tire removal

Name:  e53d43eab78721c13d7f1e31f9df2ad9.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  50.7 KB

Two weeks shy of 6 mo w/o a single puff (and almost 4 mo sober) I begin finding out what's left of the body I liked and shedding the extra I don't like.

First rowing lesson this AM. Think I can get up early and get an hour in before the phone lights up most days.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Spare tire removal

Keep up the good work, I know it's very hard but it can be done. Back in Sept. of 1999 I gave up smoking and drinking all on the same day and cold turkey to boot. I did it for the best reason in the world, me! There was so much in my future that I know I would have missed out on if I didn't quit the booze and tobaco. A grandchild I'm pretty sure I never would have met, all those special days since then with my wife and family and so much more. When those cravings hit and you're feeling like, "just one can't hurt", think about tomorrow and the joy it will bring because you know what, just one can hurt. Sorry for rambling but here's hoping you win this fight.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

That sure is a beautiful, and inspiring picture! You won't get bored doing that kind of rowing out in God's gym. Rowing is a great exercise because it involves multiple muscle groups, and helps keep them in balance as you burn calories and improve your heart, and lung strength.
      Best of luck sticking with a healthier lifestyle. Frank

Comment

That's great Alex. I quit smoking 10 jan at 810 pm. I think this is the time I got the habit licked. I did end up gaining about 20 lbs but it's not stressing me out this time. Best of luck to you.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yep, I'm up what feels like about 20 lb too. I don't have a scale so can't say for sure. Doesn't really show in that photo but it's all around my middle. Glad to hear you quit too. I'm finally getting to where I'll go most of a day and not think of them. Facebook (and I'm sure a million other places too) has like an odometer for quitting. I'm up over $1000 not spent on over 3400 cigs not smoked. 3400. 17 cartons! feels good to have the monkey off me. Really want this gut gone too; feels terrible jiggling around.
          Last edited by Ace Sewer; 05-13-2012, 10:45 PM.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I'm proud of You, Brother! 28 Years No Booze for both Bride and Myself. I never smoked. Wife doesn't either. Wanna wrestle an old Man in His 70th Year ? Be well
            Tool
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I think I'd rather wrestle a young woman in my 70th year

Comment

Working...
              X