X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best rugged wrist watch for plumbers

I like a metal wrist band. for around a $125.00 or soo. Timex lasted a week, KAPUTT!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Best rugged wrist watch for plumbers

No watch for me. To big of a chance for it to snag on something. Same thing goes for rings. For regular wear, I prefer the g-shock series of watches.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

G-Shock is the only watch that will stand up to sledge hammer work. I have had the same inexpensive wave ceptor/tough solar G-shock for around seven year. Never had to reset time, or replace battery.

Comment

I gave away a wrist watch years ago when I bought a mobile phone which is what use for a watch

Tony

Comment

Like most things Tradesmen related I am still looking for a good wrist-watch. Last one was scratched to the SH day one. Seiko arent bad but................!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have not worn a watch daily for 15 years, For dress its either a nice Seiko self-wind my wife
            gave me or a Citizen divers watch I bought in Hawaii because I had forgot my watch at home.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

No watch, no ring, no bracelets, no bling.
              I tell time by looking at the sun and stars.

Comment

A dollar store kids watch. Break easily if snagged. Cheap to replace if destroyed. They cost less than a replacement battery.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • conductor fault locating
                • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                  No watch, no ring, no bracelets, no bling.
                  I tell time by looking at the sun and stars.
                  You put a smile on My face !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

For dress,which is Sun , date day, with My bride It's , " PIXAR WATCHES " FROM THE MOVIES. I'm spoiled rotten by My sole mate . I think ,I'll go back to Casio G max. Am I the only one that saves BROKEN WATCHED ?
                    Last edited by toolaholic; 05-20-2012, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Casio with hands, don't like digital,synthetic wrist band. Feel naked without a wrist watch. Still have a flip phone! Looks like that might change soon, not much selection in flips these days.

wookie

Comment

caxio g shock. solar recharge and auto time setting. about the only thing that breaks is the band every year or so.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Guess I have been retired too long--When did plumbers learn to tell time???

Comment

when you bill by the hour or partial, you better know what time you started and finished

even my jetter has a built in hour meter with job timer and service interval timers.

i guess all our smart phones have timers too, but who said we're smart enough to know how to use them

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I have the water proof Casio and when the band breaks normaly lasts a year or more it becomes a pocket watch as the band price is usaly more than the watch,
                              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                              attributed to Samuel Johnson
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                              X